Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at the game and watching players STANDING with the ball looking for others who were STANDING watching him, some were strolling but none were running into space, We all remember AVB style of football and getting hit by a couple of break away goals. Then we complain we had 60% possesion.
You must be only talking about the first half? I missed the first 25mins as the streams were a shocker tonight, so I missed a fair chunk. I'm not one to look at possession but focus more on chances created, I thought our chances were far, far better (easier to score from) than theirs. Their goals were truly stunning.

All this shit has been disproven time and time again. We can’t compete on the same level of spending as the other five big clubs in the league - they spend more on wages alone than Spurs bring in annually. Same with Real, Barca, Juventus, PSG and Bayern, and possibly some other clubs with oil billionaire backers in Europe.

The argument that Levy is not spending on this club is a tired argument and a stupid argument. He and Poch are making the most of the resources they have while actively planning for a near future where we will be on a similar financial playing field with the other elite clubs in Europe.

Of course, none of has has to do with the poor results as of late, but sure, let’s just go beat the deadest horse of all time again.

I've got him on ignore, but funny how I know who you are replying to without even seeing the post. :pochrolleyes:

Sissoko is easily our worst first team player. For all the stick Paulinho had while playing for us he was by far a more valuable player than this speed merchant.

Why the hell does he play. Would not swap poch for any manager in the world. But I do not understand what he sees in sissoko. Just don't understand. The term waste of space is used too lightly but for him it is spot on. He is that bad.

Wouldn't you expect that with the different levels of investment? They are on another level to us.

Last year we finished above them, and the year before that. The investment excuse is bullshit.

Our squad are in a bad place, but we belong amongst the likes of City. Being 16 points behind after 14 games is unacceptable.

This doesn't change the fact we stood still for virtually the whole transfer window while all our competitors were bringing in additions. Are we supposed to just accept our place in the food chain? Sit back and be happy with our lot?
We have 65-80,000 fans paying pretty much the highest ticket prices in England every other week. They deserve more than the complacency shown by the club last summer.
A complacency thats now coming back to haunt us. Far more

We bought 5 fucking players you mug!

But we've seriously got to sort out our first-half performances. As Poch said just now, we've been poor in so many first 45-mins recently (Dort, WBA, Palace, Scum, tonight).

Why they can't start games with some urgency, tempo, zip, etc, is beyond me and is getting really frustrating. Shouldn't keep needing a half-time kick up the arse before they wake up.

Never said I was embarrassed of our club, I said being 16 points behind the leaders after 14 games is embarrassing. I’m sure I’m not the only one to think it.

...And who is it that's 16 points behind? Tottenham Hotspur.

How is that not one and the same? :pochunimpressed:

Streams so bad really difficult to comment but just seen the 30 min highlights on Sky. First half was bad and whilst both goals were good we certainly gave them too much room.
Second half we had more than enough chances to win it but we seem to have lost the ability we had last season to rescue points late on. Llorente and Sissoko missed chances and really no longer expect better. However Eriksen and Dele also should have scored and I do expect better.

You must be only talking about the first half? I missed the first 25mins as the streams were a shocker tonight, so I missed a fair chunk. I'm not one to look at possession but focus more on chances created, I thought our chances were far, far better (easier to score from) than theirs. Their goals were truly stunning.

Agree with both points. It was just casual for long time even when 2 down. It's only really the last half hour we started to look even half decent. Yes we had an easy chance to score but it's sissoko so I knew he would fuck it up. Alli should have done better but the worst misses were llorente and eriksen. I do think Alli and eriksen should be dropped for the next game and play lamela and son next to kane. Rose needs to sort out his attitude and sissoko just needs to be put down or fly tipped. Can accept bad results but cannot stand poor attitude or players that just don't even try. Sissoko to be fair tries but he is dog shit.

This doesn't change the fact we stood still for virtually the whole transfer window while all our competitors were bringing in additions. Are we supposed to just accept our place in the food chain? Sit back and be happy with our lot?
We have 65-80,000 fans paying pretty much the highest ticket prices in England every other week. They deserve more than the complacency shown by the club last summer.
A complacency thats now coming back to haunt us. Far more
6th richest in the league. That means anything above 6th place & we are punching above our weight, surely? I respect your passion & bullishness but we are competing with teams who have much more cash at their disposal. And we are competing well.
When you talk about complacency in the market, we spent a fortune on a 21 year old CB. I call that pretty ambitious.

Last year we finished above them, and the year before that. The investment excuse is bullshit.

Our squad are in a bad place, but we belong amongst the likes of City. Being 16 points behind after 14 games is unacceptable.
Fair enough. Its not a title winning team in my eyes. Think we need more quality to reach those levels. But I like your confidence in this bunch.

Why the hell does he play. Would not swap poch for any manager in the world. But I do not understand what he sees in sissoko. Just don't understand. The term waste of space is used too lightly but for him it is spot on. He is that bad.

He's behind a fit Winks, Dembele, Wanyama & Dier in the pecking order....

Sadly, the way injuries & illness have played out, we've been lucky to have 2 fit CMs available all season.

6th richest in the league. That means anything above 6th place & we are punching above our weight, surely? I respect your passion & bullishness but we are competing with teams who have much more cash at their disposal. And we are competing well.
When you talk about complacency in the market, we spent a fortune on a 21 year old CB. I call that pretty ambitious.
We made an overall profit in the window. We didnt make the effort to capitalise on our previous seasons success. We sold the best right back in England to a rival, and a few others, and only reinvested what we pulled in. Our squad is no stronger than last season, as the league table and results/performanes have shown.

7th by Thursday. Doesn’t help,when you miss two sitters that can change the momentum of the game
This was going to happen let’s see if everyone sticks by the team and didn’t buy into the hype that we have depth and quality throughout the squad to compete on every level.
We use 18 players of the 21
2 injured.
One cannot play 90mins and two games a week.
2 are back from long term injuries.
That’s 13 players who are on it. 2 of them are Llorente and sissoko. We have 9 games in 30:days coming up
When you look realistically Llorente is not as good as Giroud at his job, fact.
Sissoko is not better than Walnutt. Fact.
Son is the best final third squad player.
Lamela would be a starter every game imo. Let’s hope he gets fit. We need him.
Son Nkoudo Llorente and Sissoko
For Eriksen Lamela Kane Dele

Imo 3 of Them not good enough.
Llorente may pick up, but at the moment he offers nothing. Sissoko is the best he’s going to get. Tried to stick with him, but you don’t keep missing sitters. And History tells you it’s not bad luck.
3 goals best in Pl
As bad as Dembele but Sissoko gets forward more.
Nkoudo, may as well not be here.

We have no player in central midfield who can make and score a few goals a season.
Dembélé best is 3.
Winks Wanyama Dier all Defensive midfielders. Winks promising but wasn’t much of a goal threat in the U21s . Moves the ball quickly and forward,
7 goals and 7 asssists so far in his 6 seasons is not good enough for a player of Dembeles ability. As poch said it’s a shame they got to him late.

We need someone there who can do that job to bed with wanayama and Winks
Imo Dembele doesn’t have long left but can play a supporting role,

Let’s hope we ain’t too far gone by the time we exit CL. Realistically we ain’t going to win it. The longer it goes on probablynthe more it will impede on the league form. We always pick up when we just have the League. It would be immense if we could do it this year.
It would be fucking Spursy to not get CL the time we can play at home wouldn’t it.
We could do it, but unfortunately our home form, as really was even expected, hasn’t been that good in the league. I don’t think we will. Didn’t expect to.
Our away form has suffered too with no points from last 6,

Get behind the team. We have done well last couple of seasons.
This and the next are massive for us as a club. We all need to be on the same page. These players give all they have. Some of them are tired and not at best, some of them not that good enough to step up and provide when they are not

Back
Top Bottom