TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the epitome of a serial whiner is one who constantly whines about other peoples whining. You're at it all the time. Every other post you make is a bitch-slap at someone else. You need to stop being so personal, and enjoy the forum for what it is. A broad church of different fan perspectives
A fan is a devotee of something, an enduring supporter whose backing never wavers.
Your kind have the spine of jellyfish.

You're the sort of person who would look at his sister's newborn baby and say "jesus, what an ugly fucker, I'd drown it if it was mine"
And never understand why you were being stabbed to death with a pair of scissors.

Poch has switched the game plans to a more counter attacking approach against teams he thinks are as good or better than us (RM for example) so maybe that is the next thing. Happened far to many times this dropping points against teams we are expected to beat.

It won't work against this kind of team as they know they got a lucky goal and never came with the intention to win but of one not to lose. We can only apply the approach to a team needing to come out.

Suppose have to see this as a point saved, considering how flat we were.
On a lighter note, my friend and I nearly found ourselves locked inside the stadium - now that would have seriously pissed me off!!
Well said Mrs P. Now the dust has settled and weve just moved into Sunday, I'm gonna grab one more beer and celebrate a hard earned point. Seriously though, your posts never fail to lift my soul, and put things into. perspective. A strange kind of therapeutic effect. Good on ya!

I disagree. Certainly would have been different if we'd managed to break through and get the opener. Conceding so early gave West Brom that extra impetus to defend resolutely.

Man City and Liverpool, annoying, have managed to blow West Brom out of the water early doors and reaped the rewards. We did similarly last season in that 4-0.

If I were to wonder why we allowed this to happen, it'd be because we're missing Alderweireld and Wanyama while also dealing with a thick fixture schedule. Oh, and we just didn't manage to get that slice of luck that'd have turned the game in our favour sooner.

Your point was that if they didn't score the game would be different not if we did. As with all such similar games they have ended in draws or a 1-0 and each game was the same up until our goal. Each time we could have easily have conceded late on because we can't perform in games like this and either score early or put the game to bed with another goal. Injuries and schedule aside this was about our tactics. Nothing wrong in the line up. Poch's changes helped but we still wanted to walk it in even after we scored. They will get their body in the way if we give em time to. Number of times the shot just needed to be taken first time before the space was closed down. Not sure why we were so suprised, we must have surely expected it.

Eriksen's played practically every league game from the start for the last two seasons. Even in his rough patches Poch stuck by him - partly due to his ability and partly because there was no other alternative. Eriksen looks fatigued and with Lamela returning it's good news. I still want to see Edwards because he's a dribbler and will commit defenders which apart from Son none of our other forwards do.

What makes De Bruyne so good this season is teams can't just focus on him. They have to keep an eye on Sterling, Sane, D Silva, Jesus and Aguero. Look at that depth of talent. There's also Bernardo Silva who has been an after-thought for the season so far....!

You're right but 100s of millions buys you that depth!

Quotes or STFU imo.
Yeah I'am going to spend all night going through the summer transfer thread to prove something to you that I know is true. It is common knowledge people were arguing that on here most of the summer.
A few of us were arguing the opposite for ages with posters. It dominated the transfer thread.
If you missed it or forgot then that's on you.
If you want to believe that no one on here thought we could compete for the title without investment & I made it all up then I have no problems with that. I don't mind. There was big arguments all summer about it.

From the guy who thinks no one on here thought we could compete for the title without buying. The deluded 1.
The main arguments being put forward was we couldn't improve our starting 11, and it wasnt worth buying squad players to sit on the bench. Or, if we did buy quality competition for places, our current stars would not be comfortable with it and would seek a move elsewhere. I think Airfixx Airfixx was a proponent of both.

The main arguments being put forward was we couldn't improve our starting 11, and it wasnt worth buying squad players to sit on the bench. Or, if we did buy quality competition for places, our current stars would not be comfortable with it and would seek a move elsewhere. I think Airfixx Airfixx was a proponent of both.
I know. So strange he is pretending none of that happened. We were all happy with llorente too apparently.
Best part was poch went against them all & said we need new players & our short of players. Then went out & bought a few. All this after they spent all summer arguing the opposite to what poch thought & did in the end. Imagine if we didn't sign sanchez & aurier like they wanted.
Not title contenders with them, let alone without them like some thought we would be. Either we invest more or we can't expect to be challenging for it.

You're wrong. I was a "its gonna be a big ask to improve the 1st, but we need to imrove the bench" kinda guy. We made moves to do that so i have no complaint.

Would i like Llorente to look more of a goal threat? Sure, but im not prepared to use hindsight to condemn his purchase.

That said we DID buy a player who has been a first team fixture so far.

From the guy who thinks no one on here thought we could compete for the title without buying. The deluded 1.

No, from the guy that thinks you're overplaying what was likely 1 or 2 people whilst making it out to be a significant majority (with specific regard to Llorente that is).

Anyway, enjoy your little love in with John Thomas John Thomas ... You were made for each other.

Last edited:
Awful game today but highlighted lack of pace out wide.

Thought luck was not with us today but a lot of players looked tired or just out of sync.

Too many bad decisions and poor touches throughout the team.

But that’s football. We’re not watching robots play. Just disappointed so many players had games to forget today.
Only a bit more quality in the final 3rd would have won the game.

Highlight of the day for me was the fella singing "time after time" on the tube after the game, top effort. It was an off day by all accounts, time to kick on and get back on track against the plastic clapping bastards.

The level of sheer cunt on this forum after a bad result is astonishing lately - I guess we’ve become victims of our own success attracting utter melters and bottom feeders.

Meh, best to avoid these parts

Last edited:
Quote from the Poch book "Where could be better to play football than Wembey? It's true that the pitch is bigger than the one at WHL, but when teams park the bus against us in the league we'd love to have the space there is at Wembley"
I'm not melting over the result today but what the actual fuck. 3 games now where teams sat back and nothing.going on with all this extra space

Isn't the new stadiums pitch going to be of similar size!?

The size doesn't matter. The theory has been debunked by us smashing other teams on similar sized pitches.

If anything, it's the fact it ISN'T home. The atmosphere isnt the best and the fans are far from the pitch.

When the opposition is only defending their goal and their penalty area then I'm not sure what difference having an extra metre of grass on the touchline makes - the dimensions of the part you need to score in never change...

I think this result only highlights a reoccurring problem with this squad, the lack of natural width to stretch teams that just sit and defend. We buy a big target man, but dont have the ability to play to his strengths. And a genuine replacement for Eriksen when he is having an off day. Neither of these have been addressed, that's why we can beat Dortmund but draw against WBA.

Back
Top Bottom