TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marcus Edwards deserves an opportunity. We can't keep relying on Eriksen as our creative player each and every game and frankly with the absence of Wanyama and Dembele's drop off Eriksen is having to pick the ball up from too deep which means he can't hurt the opposition as much as we want him too.
The gap between winks and Ali / Eriksen today was too large for the team to be effective through the middle. Not seen enough of Edwards to say he is an creative alternative to Eriksen, but did see enough of Eriksen today to realise he sometimes needs “resting” ....he was so poor today

The gap between winks and Ali / Eriksen today was too large for the team to be effective through the middle. Not seen enough of Edwards to say he is an creative alternative to Eriksen, but did see enough of Eriksen today to realise he sometimes needs “resting” ....he was so poor today

Eriksen's played practically every league game from the start for the last two seasons. Even in his rough patches Poch stuck by him - partly due to his ability and partly because there was no other alternative. Eriksen looks fatigued and with Lamela returning it's good news. I still want to see Edwards because he's a dribbler and will commit defenders which apart from Son none of our other forwards do.

What makes De Bruyne so good this season is teams can't just focus on him. They have to keep an eye on Sterling, Sane, D Silva, Jesus and Aguero. Look at that depth of talent. There's also Bernardo Silva who has been an after-thought for the season so far....!

Poch has switched the game plans to a more counter attacking approach against teams he thinks are as good or better than us (RM for example) so maybe that is the next thing.

Don't see how peeps expect this to work...

Sit back on WBA; you think they'll turn into Klopp's Liverpool?

.....Nah, they'll just continue with caution and enjoy an easier day.

No one expects the backup or alternative to Kane to be Ronaldo or Messi.

But given the fact that we have scouts , coaches and a manager of a multi, multi million pound football enterprise, I would expect the end result of their combined expensive football expertise to throw up more than a has been fucking mercenary whose legs have clearly gone.

But maybe that's just me.
Fucken spot on. Good to hear someone else not afraid to say it as it is

well, that was a disappointment but sort of expected. Once they scored so early, it was obvious that they were going to put eleven players behind the ball. Foster was time wasting from the kick off - what was the point of the ref waiting until the 80th minute to caution him, should have done it earlier.
We only really got going in the second half once The Moose came on. Ref was awful. West Brom summed up perfectly when they lined up 10 men in the wall when we got a free kick on the edge of the box. Suppose have to see this as a point saved, considering how flat we were.
On a lighter note, my friend and I nearly found ourselves locked inside the stadium - now that would have seriously pissed me off!!

well, that was a disappointment but sort of expected. Once they scored so early, it was obvious that they were going to put eleven players behind the ball. Foster was time wasting from the kick off - what was the point of the ref waiting until the 80th minute to caution him, should have done it earlier.
We only really got going in the second half once The Moose came on. Ref was awful. West Brom summed up perfectly when they lined up 10 men in the wall when we got a free kick on the edge of the box. Suppose have to see this as a point saved, considering how flat we were.
On a lighter note, my friend and I nearly found ourselves locked inside the stadium - now that would have seriously pissed me off!!

Couldn't drag yourself away from the bar? We've all been there... :allitongue:

3 hours there and 3 hours back, again, to watch 95 minutes of time wasting and trying to break down a 10 man defence, again - not a huge amount of fun.

But, the thing that annoys me most, is the miserable know-it-all gits, both at the ground and on here, that seem to think supporting a football club means criticising every single player, and the manager and the Chairman, every single time anything (a tackle, a pass, a shot, a result) ever goes wrong.

I don't know what enjoyment you all get out of it, but you ruin it for everyone else (well, for me at least).
Fuck off you sanctimonious cunt. Who are you to decide how folk should support the club?

Marcus Edwards deserves an opportunity. We can't keep relying on Eriksen as our creative player each and every game and frankly with the absence of Wanyama and Dembele's drop off Eriksen is having to pick the ball up from too deep which means he can't hurt the opposition as much as we want him too.
Fine, but I reckon he’s too light and all fur coat with no knickers. Mark my words

Truth hurts eh?
It really is painful having to plough through the ordure that the serial whiners serve up.
You dont have to plough through anything you deluded old fool. You choose to. There are no serial whiners. Just supporters with diffferent opinions. Its a fucking football forum
The choice is yours

Last edited:
You dont have to plough through anything you deluded old fool. You choose to. There are no serial whiners. Just supporters with diffferent opinions. Its a fucking football forum
The choice is yours
You are the epitome of serial whiner!
I may be older than you - but I'm no fool, I see you for exactly what you are!

I didn't say I read everything. When I walk my dog I have to negotiate my way past all kinds of shit- horse shit, cow shit, fox shit, deer shit and dog shit. I don't have to stop and taste them, or even smell them, I know shit when I see it.
I've seen enough of your posts to know I'm now an expert in recognising it.

You are the epitome of serial whiner!
I think the epitome of a serial whiner is one who constantly whines about other peoples whining. You're at it all the time. Every other post you make is a bitch-slap at someone else. You need to stop being so personal, and enjoy the forum for what it is. A broad church of different fan perspectives

Back
Top Bottom