TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saturday, 25th November, 3 p.m. White Hart Lanembley
Plain as you like.
Old school Match Thread...
Old school fixture.
Old School Day & Kick-off time...
Admittedly, Wembley Stadium,
but you can't have everything....
No bitching about the opposition...
No 'Mighty Crowing Cockerels'

Pure and simple OMT...

There, I dd it...

Last edited:
- Lloris -
- Dier Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dele Winks Eriksen Davies -
- Son Kane -
Same formation as tonight. West Brom will pack out the midfield and play for a point. We need to get at them early and get goal in the first 20 mins.

It’d be nice to see Lamela get some minutes.

- Lloris -
- Dier Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dele Winks Eriksen Davies -
- Son Kane -
Same formation as tonight. West Brom will pack out the midfield and play for a point. We need to get at them early and get goal in the first 20 mins.

It’d be nice to see Lamela get some minutes.
Would like to see this line up aswell, with Aurier and Rose rested and then back in the first team for the midweek game at Leicester.

Would like to see Aurier and Rose, after a good performence I think the consistency of games will do them well. Davies and Trippier are fine players but pace of those 2 gives us another edge in most games.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Vert
Aurier Winks Rose
Dele Eriksen
Son Kane

I think we go Aurier and Rose first to show confidence in their performance tonight. Also for attacking width against Brom. Use Trippier and Davies as more defensive minded WB against Leicester who will attack more.

WBA are not at their strongest atm but NEVER write them off. As we remember WBA:
- Won one in 14-15.
- Got two draws in 15-16, including their 2nd draw which effectively ended our title hopes.
- Got a draw in 16-17 through former Spurs hero Chadli! :(

We need an early goal, as they are likely to follow the Swansea pattern when coming to Wembley.

I wouldn't mind seeing Son in the 1st XI for this one. Some lovely CL/PL goals here and there but not yet too many PL starts. That goal against 'Pool was laaavly...

Same line up as last night.

Wouldn't be against trading full backs. Though as the season goes on, I'd want Rose and Aurier to be our number one choice.

West Brom are bound to just sit back and soak up the shots so Trippiers delivery will be useful.

As Owen Hargreaves said on BT Sport's commentary last night, Wembley suits us for the big occasion, but we struggle to grind out the victories against the lesser teams. We'll find a way though, probably going to be another 1-0.

I think the line up last night was our strongest bar Toby being at centre half. We should do our best to field that every week.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Vert
Aurier Winks Rose
Dele Eriksen
Son Kane

I think we go Aurier and Rose first to show confidence in their performance tonight. Also for attacking width against Brom. Use Trippier and Davies as more defensive minded WB against Leicester who will attack more.
Aurier & Rose for Leicester. We will need pace to combat Mahrez & that little shit Vardy.

Back
Top Bottom