Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 points! Now let’s forget this ever happened.

Gazz had a few nervy moments but came up big. Son had one moment of quality, but that was enough. Aurier needs to get his head in the game.

Think we need the international break...coming at a good time for once.

Aurier played shit but managed the most tackles and interceptions of anyone on the pitch.
Also created the most chances of anyone on our team.

Kane had a 100% pass accuracy

100%, that's mental when you consider on several occasions he swept the ball from one side of the pitch to the other as well - I'm really starting to adore his ability to do that, he does it with complete perfection and it's just been added to his locker this season seemingly out of nowhere. Hopefully he'll get a rest rather than play in these pointless friendly games.

Great result today, tough game because CP put a lot of effort in. They were tired after having a week off, we played the European champions a few days ago. Three points is a really good result considering all the other fixtures today.

3 points! Now let’s forget this ever happened.

Gazz had a few nervy moments but came up big. Son had one moment of quality, but that was enough. Aurier needs to get his head in the game.

Think we need the international break...coming at a good time for once.
England used to have a tendency to injure our players. It used to infuriate me. Hasn't happened recently though so, touch wood.

Sat in front of two massive cunts whole game.

Every player was “fucking useless” or a “fucking tart”.

Llorente was a “cunt who can’t run”

His tactical support seemed to just be “Get in there for fuck sake”

Wasn’t a remarkable game but certainly didn’t deserve the melting and vitriol I was hearing
Please say they also left early...
Or did they stay until the Final whistle so they could BOOO the players off?!

Honestly, fans like those and ones who throw cups of PISS at opposing fans (WHOEVER they may be) really don't deserve the Tottenham they've got... and we don't need their SKEWED version of support either!

Fuck it.
No Dele, Lloris, Alderwiereld
Kane and Winks whacked and fucked early
3rd choice keeper, and a kid with limited experience adapting to PL at CB.
RB with no pre season and also adapting to PL
Rose just back from injury, first full game
Back line never played together.

Palace fighting for survival.
Fresher and more prepared.
Made it very difficult

We had Winks, Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Sissoko played Wednesday.
Early KO
I don’t care how we won this game.
Other clubs would have crumbled I think

It’s the sign of a good team who can get results when not at their best .
It’s always been a scrap when we play Palace, Full strength.
Very, very important 3 points considering 2 ( hopefully all 4) of the rival teams will drop points today.
Best time for week off IMHO.
Some WILL inevitably play some Internationals, but as they're both Friendlies, I'm HOPING Southgate doesn't take a risk with anyone who isn't 100%.

2 weeks off for Dele and Lloris will come in handy... I expect/hope Kane & Winks to pull out on Monday!!!!

Does anyone else think palace are definitely not the worst team in the league and when Sahko and Zaza play they are actually half decent ?

I think they are unfortunate to have the opening part of their season destroyed by a Dutch idiot but luckily for them they are well within reach of some truly shite teams and will comfortably finish 12th - 15th. Soy will see them right

Possibly one of the worst games of football I have had the misfortune to watch but we came up with the three points which is all that matters.

Madness how our injury list virtually exploded in the space of a week. Hope all our players drop out of their international matches.

Does anyone else think palace are definitely not the worst team in the league and when Sahko and Zaza play they are actually half decent ?

I think they are unfortunate to have the opening part of their season destroyed by a Dutch idiot but luckily for them they are well within reach of some truly shite teams and will comfortably finish 12th - 15th. Soy will see them right
If they keep putting in performances like today no way they go down.

I have no beef with palace outside of when we play them so I would honestly be happy to see them stay up. Rather them than Hammers

Can't remember "enjoying" a Spurs win so little (apart from the result and the points of course) for a long time. We were piss poor, let's be honest, and looked very tired.

Gazza did well apart from the two weird moments, and the defence apart from Serge were good, Winksy as well in the first half. The rest were pretty gash although respect to them for digging deep. Sissoko for example was awful skills-wise but put in a helluva shift, especially second half. Sonny was real pish but scored a great goal and so on.

Would love to see a few mystery twinges emerge that keep our lad out of international duty, and that's me as a die-hard England fan.

Can't remember "enjoying" a Spurs win so little (apart from the result and the points of course) for a long time. We were piss poor, let's be honest, and looked very tired.

Gazza did well apart from the two weird moments, and the back 5 as a whole were good, Winksy as well in the first half. The rest were pretty gash although respect to them for digging deep. Sissoko for example was awful skills-wise but put in a helluva shift, especially second half. Sonny was real pish but scored a great goal and so on.

Would love to see a few mystery twinges emerge that keep our lad out of international duty, and that's me as a die-hard England fan.
Your second paragraph is probably the best description of the game. Most guys couldn't click skills wise but put in honest shifts.

bond-scaramanga27.jpg

Man of the match for me. Shone bright amongst the galaxy of stars. Well done my son.
Dele's Doris for me, smoking hot

3 points is all that mattered today, sometimes you just need to be able to grind out the victories when your not at your best, and if that was any other top team today, they would be saying that it’s a mark of champions, winning when not at your best!

Didn't think they were bad from the start,of the season I mean yes results didn't go the way they'd hoped! team looks steady enough not breathtaking but on the lines of W.B.A,Stoke getting results anyway they can but is there squad depth there? That will undo them if they don't pick up points. But of any of the teams at the bottom hope they stay up!

Back
Top Bottom