The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

very entitled and a bit weird too. They seem to be mostly Americans. How can you support a club if you can't understand the language they are interviewed in or in which they are mostly reported on? Why pick Real Madrid when you could pick a PL team where it's all in English?
Who the fuck cares what team they support? It is an international sport and almost everything is translated so its not like they wont get the message. + Spanish is fairly common in the US anyway.

Who the fuck cares what team they support? It is an international sport and almost everything is translated so its not like they wont get the message. + Spanish is fairly common in the US anyway.
No, Spanish is not very common among people with English as their mother tongue. And very little is translated. Maybe a quarter of player/coach/club output is and almost none of the commentary/punditry.

I'd say 95% of yanks who discover football and pick Madrid as their team do so because they're the winningest.
Fuck 'em them up the cunt.

No, Spanish is not very common among people with English as their mother tongue. And very little is translated. Maybe a quarter of player/coach/club output is and almost none of the commentary/punditry.
Every Real press conference is translated with subtitles. Their website has perfectly working English version. For every Spanish pundit there is at least 10000 other pundits doing it in English. Every English newspaper/tv channel has English correspondents covering the team in English. Every word that comes out of any of those 'galacticos' is echoed in the newspapers and headlined all over the world in every language. There is absolutely nothing that a Murikan is missing out on by following Real Madrid. Maybe a smaller Spanish Club would be a different story, but for Real this is a nonissue.

Every Real press conference is translated with subtitles. Their website has perfectly working English version. For every Spanish pundit there is at least 10000 other pundits doing it in English. Every English newspaper/tv channel has English correspondents covering the team in English. Every word that comes out of any of those 'galacticos' is echoed in the newspapers and headlined all over the world in every language. There is absolutely nothing that a Murikan is missing out on by following Real Madrid. Maybe a smaller Spanish Club would be a different story, but for Real this is a nonissue.

I think you are just going to have to trust me on this one. I grew up in Spain, speak fluent Spanish, follow Spanish football in both languages and currently, I'm in the USA.

Just watched the match again. Despite us destroying them, one thing i noticed with most of real's players is their two-footedness; nearly all of them were playing gorgeous passes on both feet. I'm not surprised that they won a lot last year with this team, that sort of ability and ball movement is incredibly hard to stop. More props to us for doing so imo.

So salty it’s making my mouth sting....

And I very much enjoyed the poster claiming that Kane is overrated because he didn’t score against them.

:dembelelol:

Edit: Just realised I missed out the quote, but obviously referring to the Real fans forum!

I don't really get Isco, I appreciate he's a very good player but don't think he is at the level of the worlds finest , I see him having too many average games and feel he has the ability to influence games more than he actually does , never lived up to the hype of being the next Xavi but to be fair who could ? Overall i think during his time at Madrid he's been indifferent.

Thought he was their best player on Wednesday but totally overshadowed by us of course!

Thought he was their best player on Wednesday but totally overshadowed by us of course!
He had a lot of time on the ball and did little but run around with it - before offloading it to someone else, achieving very little
To me he flattered to deceive.
The comparisons with Jose Dominguez are strong in this one.....

but completely overshadowed by the massive Wink-er in our team

I'd say Harry 'came' of age

Fair enough. It’s not important.

No Joe I haven’t got the hump but you knew what I meant so I thought the correction was unnecessary unless you were trying to wind me up which, after Wednesday, won’t happen!

But I agree it’s not important and shouldn’t take away from the point I was trying to make in that we were robbed in that game in the early 60s and this season could be the one where we get what we deserved in 1962

I know you don’t like people harping on about the past as you remarked people going on about Dave Mackay gave you the shits etc but it was my era and a no doubt a few others and we were ‘great’ and are very close to being ‘great’ again

That’s all

He had a lot of time on the ball and did little but run around with it - before offloading it to someone else, achieving very little
To me he flattered to deceive.
The comparisons with Jose Dominguez are strong in this one.....

but completely overshadowed by the massive Wink-er in our team

I'd say Harry 'came' of age

He certainly did and Poch must be delighted with him

Seen him being interviewed and he seems a nice lad with his feet firmly on the ground which is another good feature of our side

I remember Dominguez though and headless chicken certainly comes to mind!

No Joe I haven’t got the hump but you knew what I meant so I thought the correction was unnecessary unless you were trying to wind me up which, after Wednesday, won’t happen!

But I agree it’s not important and shouldn’t take away from the point I was trying to make in that we were robbed in that game in the early 60s and this season could be the one where we get what we deserved in 1962

I know you don’t like people harping on about the past as you remarked people going on about Dave Mackay gave you the shits etc but it was my era and a no doubt a few others and we were ‘great’ and are very close to being ‘great’ again

That’s all

I’ve read my history and you’re right, we certainly were robbed in that game. I’ve read that Greaves has admitted that the acute disappointment of being cheated out of that game was a major factor in him turning to alcohol.

I certainly wasn’t trying to wind you up, but I admit I’m a bit of nerd when it comes to our history (and I really don’t mind people going on about it). Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Peace be with you. :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom