The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't stop looking at this and sniggering.

DNk-0r4X4AUvqUq.jpg:large

Yeah the worst real Madrid team in years, the same squad that has dominated la Liga and just won back to back champions leagues!

The bitterness from the Woolwich nomads and the fizzy pop cup quarter finalists is a joy to read..........love it!!!
It's funny because no one said that when the draw was made.

Lots of "haha bye Spurs" though

Those are nights we have enjoyed relatively regularly since 2011. Those are nights West Ham will never experience.

Beating a second string Spurs in the 4th round of the Carabou is as good as it gets for them.

As for the goons. Come back and talk about Europe when you've won more European trophies than us

That’s one take on it.
But they are top of Serie A with 31 out of 33 and a big goal difference.
Was just reading about them the other day. They are a good team. That’s a big win away for City.

But yeah Napoli are struggling in the CL. Similar to us last year I guess.

Yeah, but this isn't the Serie A competition is it, it's the CL.
Serie A is pretty shit, shown by the fact that dispite not yet losing in their league they don't have a big gap on their rivals yet. There are a handful of decent teams and the rest are absolute dross.

Anyway, no one is saying Napoli are shit, but suggesting that beating them as Man City, one of the richest clubs in the world who lets face it were favourites in their fixture, is a bigger deal than little old Spurs beating the 2 times reining champions, is nothing but ridiculous.

Got home at 3am, voice gone. Got up at 10am to watch the highlights, seeing Winks putting his fist up to the crowd after that third goal went in fucking brilliant. Right, now to watch the gooners on the tele tonight. Oops forgot, Big Bang on tonight, think I'll watch that instead. BAZINGA ;)

Just waking up after the night before.
What a bloody fantastic evening.
The atmosphere was electric (fair play to the Madrid fans who gave it their all)
Haven’t read through all the posts but I hope Verts gets a huge mention somewhere. He was absolutely sublime in defence. For me, he was man of the match. He dominated Ronaldo. But perhaps that’s unfair on the rest of the players. They were all superb here. Couldn’t pick a fault with anyone- save possibly Sissoko. He looked very nervy again.
This is one of those games were I can understand a player being a bit nervy. Especially one used to gett the short end of the stick from the fans. All in all I thought Sissoko handled himself well. He's not meant to be one of our technicians holding the ball, rather he sent it off to one of his teammates through simple passes. His job was more to just put pressure on Real, which he did well enough. Opened up space for us with his runs when we had the ball and just hounded them when they had the ball, Marcelo in particular. Which allowed Trippier to focus on Isco or Ronaldo.

He's never going to be our flashiest player. But he does a necessary if unflattering job on the pitch. And the times when his skills/technique is on point are always pleasent.

Last edited:
So to recap.

1) Worst Real Madrid side ever
2) We won't be able to keep Kane
3) Half Real's team was out injured
4) We won't be able to keep Poch
5) Toby's out for the season
6) We won't be able to keep Dele.
7) We'll struggle at the new ground
8) We won't be able to keep Eriksen.

I think we may have upset quite a few..:dembelelol:

Gloriously unhinged, that mighty kick on Ramos's leg was completely deliberate! Miles over the ball.

:dembelelol:

I fucking detest Ramos he's a serial cheat that gets away with murder , he's always naughty in the challenge in that snide sort of way and he's always trying to con the ref and get players sent off when he gets fouled , the little ray trying to get Dembo sent off in the 85th minute in a game that's already lost sums up the slag.

Back
Top Bottom