The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at the Bernabeu and thought we looked like we could really compete with anyone unfortunately I couldn't be at tonight's and had to settle with the tv , I'm now convinced we can win this fucker, someone pinch me !

Careful

Someone might punch you!!

Who else was in the Man U thread at the weekend?

scott scott is a reformed character now right? must be loving it!!
You tell him mensa! We have been spoilt in the last few years so its easy to forget the stuart nethercott & dean austin days.
I appreciate what poch has done & how the players have responded to him.
& if we had lost tonight I'd have felt the same way.

Ps. Everyone, Lets enjoy us winning rather than making so called melter's the story of the night.

I don’t wanna get ahead of myself but after tonight and in general so far this season in the CL no club is going to want to get us in the knock outs!
Poch is a fucking legend! :pochhail:

Wonderful night. Lost for words. Voice gone. Even in Club Wembley we were jumping on each other at 3-0. Pure class. This needs to be just a building block though. No small time hamster style celebrations. Nothing has been won yet. But fuck me. What an evening.
True, but its tough to improve on that this season. Only one team can win the league or CL. So might be be the highlight of a season in which I hope we get top 4 again (so far so good on that front).
But yeah its something we can build on for the next few seasons.
We shouldn't feel out of place in the CL again!

Dunno, as much as he comes across as loathsome, I think that is part of what makes him a winner. You could see how pissed off with the performance of the rest of the team his was. He's the only one who truly put in a shift for them tonight.

I thought Isco was useful

The best way to rub it in to the gooners, who,secretly know they would never have made it out of this group, is to say nothing.
Just act as if it’s the norm. What’s the big deal.
I guarantee you they mention it first.

I have already had a call from one.

“ you beat Real Madrid 3-1”
“ yeah, I said. Bit pissed off though, it should have been 4-0 and we let in a sloppy goal.”

giphy.gif

Just home and just trying to process this all, this time last week we'd lost to West Ham, feeling a bit better now...

What a team, what a result what a night.

I don’t wanna get ahead of myself but after tonight and in general so far this season in the CL no club is going to want to get us in the knock outs!
Poch is a fucking legend! :pochhail:
& he is still quite young & developing.
Probably a rubbish idea, but I wonder why we don't get our poch replacement learning from him now. So he can carry on the good work when he does go.
Someone of a pretty low profile like poch was in spain. Obviously I hope poch is here for many more years though!

Back
Top Bottom