Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this speculation... why not simply ask Walt Walt ? :bow:
If anyone thinks big Dan is going to pay out 20mil for someone out of contract in the summer they haven't been paying attention. Will the Russian Mobster? Probably, especially if he thinks he is getting one over on big Dan. So really it is up to Ross, I guess he is waiting to see what offers he gets. Even WALT isn't ITK enough to read minds

Sounds like he’s made his mind up.

How do they convince him to stay? Please stay Ross the Championship ain’t that bad a place.

Stay at your boyhood club and fight to make them better. Or join Spurs who are highflying with the best coach/developer of young English players there is. Or chase the money and join the Chavs where there is a coach who doesn’t fancy you but you’ll be richer than you could imagine. Difficult choices and not fussed if he joins us or not.

Stay at your boyhood club and fight to make them better. Or join Spurs who are highflying with the best coach/developer of young English players there is. Or chase the money and join the Chavs where there is a coach who doesn’t fancy you but you’ll be richer than you could imagine. Difficult choices and not fussed if he joins us or not.
All about getting himself back into England squad and with Poch's track record there is only one winner.

Couldnt give a shit tbh. Hes probably better off at Everton.

England squad? He might want regular prem footy first.

Why would anyone turn their back on their boyhood club when a new manager is coming in?

New manager being David Unsworth? Pochettino has a track record of improving English players. Whoever comes in at Everton, they still have the juggling act of trying to play 3 No 10s.

England squad? He might want regular prem footy first.

Why would anyone turn their back on their boyhood club when a new manager is coming in?
Because they have treated him like shit, haven’t played him and are now heading for possible relegation and purchased at least three other players in his position. I would fucking run a mile. Would you expect Kane to stick around following that treatment? I wouldn’t.

I’ll think he’ll stay. We probably didn’t buy him as he was injured.. he didn’t join Chelsea even though they would have as he wanted to wait until January and see if we came back in for him?
Or was he very perceptive and realised Koeman wouldn’t last long and also thought he may as well wait, whilst injured, and see what pans out.

The only thing is Unsworth cannot promise him anything unless he gets the job full time. Will he sign a new contract not knowing who’s coming in.
I think he’ll stay there and see what happens between now and the summer .

Because they have treated him like shit, haven’t played him and are now heading for possible relegation and purchased at least three other players in his position. I would fucking run a mile. Would you expect Kane to stick around following that treatment? I wouldn’t.

Koeman's gone. Its clear Unsworth likes him, and I would guess the people on the board do too.

Not unless the new coach, ditched Rooney, Gylfi and Klassen and said to Barkley you are the first name on the team sheet and we’ll build our team around you.

Him not being sold absolutely fucked them, despite all the talk of spending big the plan was also to sell him, him refusing to join Chelsea absolutely fucked them in the arse.

Everton will have to accept a cut price deal in Jan or face losing him for free in July. Reckon we could get him for £25m, Everton fucked themselve really.

Everton will have to accept a cut price deal in Jan or face losing him for free in July. Reckon we could get him for £25m, Everton fucked themselve really.
All depends if there is competition to sign him. If he did bin Chelsea off because he wanted to join us then maybe we've already got a "gentleman's" agreement with him???? Walker was confident about leaving and that was without even speaking to his agent???!

Guessing similar situations with players that want out. How far off is Barkley from returning to fitness, he’s been out for months with his ‘hernia’, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s had a quiet ‘substance’ ban.

Also with regards to Chelsea, the talk of the deal being done without Conte’s blessing would suggest it wouldn’t be a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom