Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This forum and hyperbolic ratings of football players. Barkley's shit, Pogba's shit, truth is Barkley is right now a good player at a poor club and has the potential to become a incredibly great player. Give Barkley to Poch and we'll have a world class player on our hands in a few years. Just look at what he's done with Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Walker etc etc etc and Barkley is more talented than all of them
Was about to post similar. Barkley may not be good enough for our first eleven now. But there was a time when Trippier, Rose, Davies, Wanyama, Dier, Kane weren’t good enough either.

Barkley has got potential to be a great player with the correct leadership.

This forum and hyperbolic ratings of football players. Barkley's shit, Pogba's shit, truth is Barkley is right now a good player at a poor club and has the potential to become a incredibly great player. Give Barkley to Poch and we'll have a world class player on our hands in a few years. Just look at what he's done with Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Walker etc etc etc and Barkley is more talented than all of them
Pogba was fucking dogshit last season, though.

Anyone that doesn't want Barkley on a free has shit for brains. If we can get him either in the summer or Jan it's a must.

Won't come for free in Jan.

Besides "FREE" isn't exactly free.... He'd still comand a hefty wage and signing on fee... By the summer he may well have missed an entire crucial year in his development.

Other fish in the sea... Let's move on.

giphy.gif

What is already looking like another epic failed move following an even worse decision.

He and Drinkwater, who are both good players are at best squad players at the biggest clubs.

For Barkley in particular it is either a matter of knowing his hamstring injury was so bad that he might as well get as well paid as possible or him being completely deluded.

Agents should be held responsible for abject advice.

For the record I thought his injury record made any attempt to sign him as far as we were concerned one to avoid unless it was pay per play.

And before his serious injury he would have been in my opinion.

And with players like Eriksen and Dembele, who he openly said was his hardest opponent he surely would have improved.

C'est la vie however and now what does he do........potentially rot.
Was meant as a joke, I was a massive proponent of signing him

I never understood why anyone ever thought he was coming. It seemed so bleeding obvious that chavs told him if he waited out his injury at Everton they’d give him the balance of his lost value in wages. That’s how that club operates, whether Poch could’ve made him a player or not didn’t matter.

I never understood why anyone ever thought he was coming. It seemed so bleeding obvious that chavs told him if he waited out his injury at Everton they’d give him the balance of his lost value in wages. That’s how that club operates, whether Poch could’ve made him a player or not didn’t matter.
Yeah, and from all reports he was basically demanding to become top earner... ahead of Kane, lol.

Absolutely no sympathy for the guy.
Anyone looking at this must have realised he was filling the home-grown quota. A 24 year old showing this lack of ambition for a 20-30% increase in salary is truly worrying. I would not be interested in ever signing him after this, he has shown what he is about

ah, this saga was mainly from the time when I was active on another Spurs forum (Shelfside one), but there I was very passionate opponent of the move. It never made sense, and I still to this day stand firm on my ground saying that if the lad would not be English, no one would have ever noticed him. Or to quote myself from the other forum -

"I would say that we are in a good place as a team. We have established starting XI. So it means we can take risks - we can go for players who might be a huge hit, but with who there is a chance that they will fail. Even if they do - we have good squad. But RB is ... with this pricing rather expensive yet rather average player. I mean he is 23 already and he has not shown anything to suggest he will ever become something more than a squad player for club like Spurs. But we should go for those who might rise the roof off from stadiums. Who make fans estatic... who frighten opposite teams. Barkley most likely will never become such a player...."

"I cannot quite repeat myself enough but - when we talk about players such as Barkley (very soon 24) and Zaha (25) then we are talking about midtable players who are past the age where the progress is the fastest. Sure they can take a step or two up, but in order to be even comparable to likes of Alli (who by the way is already THERE 2.5 and 3.5 years earlier, we do not have an idea how much he might progress even more by then, and remember we are making hypotesis of Barkley/Zaha getting near his current level) and Eriksen (so to push for 1st team places) they would have to climb the whole latter up. And it is very rare that people make such progress at such age anymore."

I mean seriously, some ppl were suggesting we should pay 35 mil for him last summer, and that would be "cut prize" deal under those terms. Others suggested him to be Eriksen understudy/substitute
:dierno::dierno::dierno:

Back
Top Bottom