Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would have Barkley if he he wanted to play for us-he could be a very good player with the right team/system. For me, he would replace Lamela as I feel we've had the best form him. Barkley currently, couldn't command a regular place but would be a very good squad player. Poch would get the best out of him and I feel he's talent wouldn't let us down. We are in need of a AM player and he would fit in (if he wanted to) thats the question here. IF he wants to come, snap him up. I would take him.

Not sure Barkley is the answer to Evertons problems, they need a pacey striker and the £15m we send them will help them get that.

I quite like him and think he has some great attributes but needs to learn to use them consistently. I don't think we need him but believe Levy is salivating at getting a £50m English player at a knock down price.

That maybe so but with Winks emerging, Sissoko showing more and Dele maybe dropping into midfield more the case for him signing diminish by the week

With that said yes Poch can get a tune out of anyone and escpecially young English with a bit of talent, it's just as the squad is padding out there may not be a role for him and there could have been if he was more consistent himself last couple of years
Sissokko is 28 and barkley is 23, If we can afford Sissokko so many minutes across all competitions then its a no brainer to sign player of Barkley's calibre. There aint many squad players available with potential and discipline. Plus Poch loves versatility and he seems to be a type who can do a job across any areas in midfield. If it doesnt work out he could be offloaded in the north of 40million with the current market rate.

I think the player is more motivated by trying to get a place at the World Cup than money at the moment

I'd hope so, but Barkley could definitely do that while playing at Everton if they bring someone in who knows how to get the best out of him (although, obviously the best place for that is at Spurs with Poch)

Just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened...

I'd hope so, but Barkley could definitely do that while playing at Everton if they bring someone in who knows how to get the best out of him (although, obviously the best place for that is at Spurs with Poch)

Just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened...

The easiest route to the England team is to be playing well alongside Kane, Alli, Dier, Winks, etc at Spurs.

Even if he came here and played exactly the same as at Everton the press have this Poch / England narrative now that means his chances increase significantly.

The Everton board will probably offer him a ludicrous new contract and Barkley will sign in because we won't be able to match the offer (Like Zaha at Palace)...

They already did that last year (£150K I think it was reported) - unless he really hated Koeman, which he might, I think he is coming to us on less but with a singing on fee.

This is nothing to do with Barkley but I'm posting this to give an insight to Koeman and what he does with the players. Now given what we know about Barkley Everton 100% tried to sell (accepted an offer from the Chavs), Koeman for a year was slagging him off publicly, god only knows what he was doing to him behind the scenes!!

This is nothing to do with Barkley but I'm posting this to give an insight to Koeman and what he does with the players. Now given what we know about Barkley Everton 100% tried to sell (accepted an offer from the Chavs), Koeman for a year was slagging him off publicly, god only knows what he was doing to him behind the scenes!!

Isn't this old? Niasse is back now and doing quite ok - 3 goals in 4 games?

This forum and hyperbolic ratings of football players. Barkley's shit, Pogba's shit, truth is Barkley is right now a good player at a poor club and has the potential to become a incredibly great player. Give Barkley to Poch and we'll have a world class player on our hands in a few years. Just look at what he's done with Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Walker etc etc etc and Barkley is more talented than all of them

This forum and hyperbolic ratings of football players. Barkley's shit, Pogba's shit, truth is Barkley is right now a good player at a poor club and has the potential to become a incredibly great player. Give Barkley to Poch and we'll have a world class player on our hands in a few years. Just look at what he's done with Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Walker etc etc etc and Barkley is more talented than all of them

Trouble is if we signed everyone you thought would be good for the club, we would have a bigger squad than the cast of El Cid #onefortheteenagers

Yes Poch can improve players but only 11 take to a field to kick the ball around, we can't sign everyone just because Poch can make them better, 343 formation, with Kane or Llorente up top and a defensive midfielder means he is competing with Winks/Dembele/Eriksen/Sissoko/Son/Dele for 3 positions, assuming Eriksen a must it means he is already competing with 5 for 2 positions

Do you see the problem? Yes he is better than Sissoko and Dembele is injured a lot but its a numbers game

Trouble is if we signed everyone you thought would be good for the club, we would have a bigger squad than the cast of El Cid #onefortheteenagers

Yes Poch can improve players but only 11 take to a field to kick the ball around, we can't sign everyone just because Poch can make them better, 343 formation, with Kane or Llorente up top and a defensive midfielder means he is competing with Winks/Dembele/Eriksen/Sissoko/Son/Dele for 3 positions, assuming Eriksen a must it means he is already competing with 5 for 2 positions

Do you see the problem? Yes he is better than Sissoko and Dembele is injured a lot but its a numbers game
No, just sign them all

Back
Top Bottom