Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always support the player that wears the shirt, doing anything else only undermines the team, and makes you out as joyless bastard.

He still has to prove himself and as he has rightly acknowledged, he has to win his position back. It will be interesting to see if he can. As for next season if he goes fuck him.

Last edited:
Danny Rose thanks Tottenham fans for singing his name | Daily Mail Online

'It's gone now, my manager has forgotten about it and we all move forward and we try to win this club a trophy. It's forgotten about. My opinions will be voiced in a different way from now on.'...

No CHANGE of opinion then?

STILL not man enough to do any of his appologising (nor even his "thanks") in front of a camera.... I.E. To us.

All just reeks of a temporary truce between him and the club; agreed to by Poch (contrary to his usual tough stance) cos he feels it in our immediate interests.

I'll be flabergasted if he's still hear next season.

Has this one been posted yet?

Danny Rose: I feared Tottenham fans would turn on me at the Bernabeu

Even if he is off in the summer he has to prove he’s worth whatever we will be demanding for him. Luckily Davies has really stepped up in his absence and is more than just cover in that position. As Vertonghen showed he was excellent there as well. For once the left side isn’t a problem area.
You give respect, you get respect.

Something fishy in me feels this is a Mourinho work. Ashley Cole?

Either way, you bring us a trophy Danny, you go with a blessing.

STILL not man enough to do any of his appologising (nor even his "thanks") in front of a camera.... I.E. To us.

All just reeks of a temporary truce between him and the club; agreed to by Poch (contrary to his usual tough stance) cos he feels it in our immediate interests.

I can't disagree with anything that you said. It's definitely sounds like a temporary truce between him and the club.

I still reckon he'll be playing second fiddle to Davies this season. Then he'll be off. Respect the loyalty of the fans who sang his name but feel it is a bit misguided.

He was my favourite player but I after the stupid interview I won't forgive him. I have no problem with players wanting to leave but i can't stand people who disrespect the fans who spend their hard earned cash supporting the club. I won't be booing him because that is counter productive but I definitely won't be singing his name.

I can't disagree with anything that you said. It's definitely sounds like a temporary truce between him and the club.

You'd like to think it wouldnt be so unconvincingly veiled tho... Even if insincere inside, i think PR-wise he owes us a bit more than what amounts to "i regret the shitstorm i caused myself but the gaffer has forgiven me so let's move on" quoted in a few morning rags?

Why cant he chuck on a fake grin and step out with hugo and harry on tv in the post match and say "its great to be back"? (wouldn't look out of place, national team interest etc.)

Not my vibe, but make the younger fans that love him a little twitter video or sumthin?

If we can come to these conclusions, then surely oppo chairmen will weild that 'card' when they knock on Levy's door for him in the summer? ...Ergo less fee?

wow
don't understand why people get so wound up about this stuff. It a story as old as time and has been the fabric of football since the players were freed from being servants of the clubs they played for.
We all have a freedom of movement in our jobs and the freedom to express ourselves in the manner of our choosing......
Yet Rose is vilified for being honest enough to try to prompt the club to pay him what he's worth, or let him move on. Which is what we all have the right to do in our own lives.
If the club disagreed with him, they would dump him. If they see him as worth keeping they will pay up and play him.
We all know Alli is a Liverpool fan and understand that when the big money comes looking for him - he will walk away, so why all the angst against Rose?
All this anguish about disrespect is daft, its not like he said anything that wasn;t true - look at all the whining on the transfer thread over summer - so called die hard fans all clamouring for exactly what Rose went public over.
Yet Rose is a disrespectful shit and we are all wonderful fans.
strange logic

wow
don't understand why people get so wound up about this stuff. It a story as old as time and has been the fabric of football since the players were freed from being servants of the clubs they played for.
We all have a freedom of movement in our jobs and the freedom to express ourselves in the manner of our choosing......
Yet Rose is vilified for being honest enough to try to prompt the club to pay him what he's worth, or let him move on. Which is what we all have the right to do in our own lives.
If the club disagreed with him, they would dump him. If they see him as worth keeping they will pay up and play him.
We all know Alli is a Liverpool fan and understand that when the big money comes looking for him - he will walk away, so why all the angst against Rose?
All this anguish about disrespect is daft, its not like he said anything that wasn;t true - look at all the whining on the transfer thread over summer - so called die hard fans all clamouring for exactly what Rose went public over.
Yet Rose is a disrespectful shit and we are all wonderful fans.
strange logic

"Wow"...?

Each to their own, but does it genuinely suprise you that some aren't so laissez-faire?

Care to respond to the above un-emotive concerns in the post above yours?

Last edited:
I've been watching football too long and supporting Spurs throughout, to be surprised, dismayed or wound up by anything that is said or done in the game anymore.
I'd love all of the worthwhile players to stay and play until they drop, but they don't....
On the flip side - the club have no problem at all about dumping players either
so it cuts both ways.

don;t confuse the fact that I can't be bothered to froth at the mouth about it - with thinking that I don't care about the club (potentially) losing vital resources

too much of me has died at the loss of so many great players over the years ( I actually cried when Greaves left) that now I am sanguine about the loss of players, but never laissez-faire, mon ami........

Glad he came on and happy to see him back. Masterstroke from Poch, maybe even more important than the minutes he got is the time he got to spend couped with the squad on such a big trip - help him integrate himself again.

Wish everyone would go off the forensic analysis of a player's every word and or lack of words. Rose is here, he's already apologised for his comments, been punished, and committed himself to making up for it with his play. None of the other players have committed themselves for life to the club, but Danny's slated because he hasn't. He said thanked the supporters, twice, for the reception he admits he didn't expect and insinuates he didn't feel he deserved on the back of his comments.

Furthermore, this forensic analysis of the contents of what he's said is a bit ridiculous - his comments came after an emotional return in a very electric match, you think he sat down at a macbook and prepared a speech pouring over every word?

It's not productive, this bitter shitting over our players and forecasting, if not gleefully hoping for, their departure. Son is a weak small time player choosing the Olympics over us - fuck him. Sissoko is a brain dead overpriced panic-buy one trick pony - fuck him. Lamela is frail and can't live up to his transfer price - fuck him. Toby is a greedy bastard - fuck him. Danny is a disloyal disrespectful cunt - fuck him.

Why can't we just support the shirt, enjoy the players while they're here, and worry about next year when it is next year?

You'd like to think it wouldnt be so unconvincingly veiled tho... Even if insincere inside, i think PR-wise he owes us a bit more than what amounts to "i regret the shitstorm i caused myself but the gaffer has forgiven me so let's move on" quoted in a few morning rags?

Why cant he chuck on a fake grin and step out with hugo and harry on tv in the post match and say "its great to be back"? (wouldn't look out of place, national team interest etc.)

Not my vibe, but make the younger fans that love him a little twitter video or sumthin?

If we can come to these conclusions, then surely oppo chairmen will weild that 'card' when they knock on Levy's door for him in the summer? ...Ergo less fee?
Danny has never seemed like the type to cater to anyone else. He's not on social media, and I don't see him ever doing a "pander to the masses to get back into good graces". I think he's realized what's done is done and knowing how football works, he'll get what he wants in the end.

Danny has never seemed like the type to cater to anyone else. He's not on social media, and I don't see him ever doing a "pander to the masses to get back into good graces". I think he's realized what's done is done and knowing how football works, he'll get what he wants in the end.
precisely..........the money or the door
There's no Z in realised, by the way.........
:)

precisely..........the money or the door
There's no Z in realised, by the way.........
No, he said it was the money and the door. He said he was going to get what he’s worth then move onto bigger things up north. He said he owed the club no loyalty because some fans had been mean to him on Twitter. He also said his teammates were small time and he had to google them. The guy is a cunt, I’m not shedding any tears and don’t expect more of a pampered little ‘superstar’, but I won’t sing his name again. Play him if we need him, but get rid as soon as possible

As long as he helps us win the FA Cup/PL/CL this season, he can fuck off in the summer. Sessegnon would be a good replacement although I personally would take a look at Ghoulam from Napoli. Top, top LB in the making.

I thought he looked good. I don't expect too much of him though. As long as he helps us win the PL/CL this season, he can fuck off in the summer

No, he said it was the money and the door. He said he was going to get what he’s worth then move onto bigger things up north. He said he owed the club no loyalty because some fans had been mean to him on Twitter. He also said his teammates were small time and he had to google them. The guy is a cunt, I’m not shedding any tears and don’t expect more of a pampered little ‘superstar’, but I won’t sing his name again. Play him if we need him, but get rid as soon as possible
That's what you get for reading the sun

I don’t read it, the article was posted on here in full. I’d suggest reading it before commenting
I treat stuff like this with total disinterest. My defence against a premature coronary over the selfish behaviour of overpaid, spoiled footballers is to judge them solely on what they do on the pitch wearing a Spurs shirt.
I suggest you do likewise. It will probably lengthen your life

Back
Top Bottom