Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just saw Steve McLaren talking about the game and Kane.
Paraphrasing him.
"I know Eriksen scored today but if Kane doesn't score then theres not many other Spurs players that chip in with goals except Eriksen, Alli and Son".
Thats a bit reminiscent of the Monty Python "What Have the Romans Ever Done For Us" isn't it?

"Alright, Son I grant you. But apart from Kane, Eriksen, Son and Ali, how many players score goals for Spurs on a regular basis?"

McClaren can do one as far as I'm concerned. After that utter shambles against Croatia he's forfeited the right to talk about football ever again. He'll forever be Mary to me.

Thats a bit reminiscent of the Monty Python "What Have the Romans Ever Done For Us" isn't it?

"Alright, Son I grant you. But apart from Kane, Eriksen, Son and Ali, how many players score goals for Spurs on a regular basis?"

McClaren can do one as far as I'm concerned. After that utter shambles against Croatia he's forfeited the right to talk about football ever again. He'll forever be Mary to me.

I've actually realised it was Alan Curbishley.
All these English managers look the same to me :)

Yes but this is lost on Steve mcclaren. Bar one season in Holland where he spoke English with a put on Dutch accent, the man has been a failure at every club he has managed.
Tosser. Typical FA appointment, number one criteria was he looks the part in a blazer. I remember seeing his interview when he got the England job, all red faced and breathless, like an X Factor competitor. I thought, "he looks like a model railway enthusiast who's just been put in charge of a real railway."

Y'know what... After today's results, I'll happily settle or 4th or 5th... ON MOTD!

Man City will have their moment.. . But I'll graciously sit through Palace v Chelsea & Watford v ArseAnal if it means staying up till near midnight to watch us...

I THINK I can just about bear it!
:allitongue::eriksenlol::pocheyes::sonlol::vert:

If Watford beat Woolwich then I'm greasing up later to watch Match of the Day.

1xDWJ.gif

Man City almost hilariously dominant against Stoke, but I really struggle to give a fuck about them. Very much doubt we could catch them in our Wembley year - that squad will be able to win the league on autopilot.
Got any of that grease left?

Y'know what... After today's results, I'll happily settle or 4th or 5th... ON MOTD!

Man City will have their moment.. . But I'll graciously sit through Palace v Chelsea & Watford v ArseAnal if it means staying up till near midnight to watch us...

I THINK I can just about bear it!
:allitongue::eriksenlol::pocheyes::sonlol::vert:
MOTD going to be gold tonight.
:dembelelol::kaneshh::kanegoal::sonpoint::pochohshit::pochsmirk:

Not the greatest game but the result is the most important thing. The two previous winners of the league won it by grinding out 1-0 results for most of the season. Although I was on edge because we didn't get that second goal, in the end we didn't need it and hopefully we've now got the monkey off our backs about not winning at Wembley. A professional performance all round.

Not the greatest game but the result is the most important thing. The two previous winners of the league won it by grinding out 1-0 results for most of the season. Although I was on edge because we didn't get that second goal, in the end we didn't need it and hopefully we've now got the monkey off our backs about not winning at Wembley. A professional performance all round.

I agree of course. I have to say though, that the atmosphere was disappointing. My row was half-empty with ST holders not bothering to turn up. I s'pose it's just going to be a fact of life. Can't wait to get back to N17. Top 4 plus a cup run would be a great season for us.

Plus, I had the chicken and chips for £6 at half time today - bloody awful.

I agree of course. I have to say though, that the atmosphere was disappointing. My row was half-empty with ST holders not bothering to turn up. I s'pose it's just going to be a fact of life. Can't wait to get back to N17. Top 4 plus a cup run would be a great season for us.

Plus, I had the chicken and chips for £6 at half time today - bloody awful.
We had fish and chips the first game at a tenner, haven't repeated that! I'm already bored with going to Wembley, can't wait till we get back home

Back
Top Bottom