Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Roundup on Motd's punditry of today's game.

1. Our full backs are good
2. Alli is a bad bad boy and should grow up
3. Pochetino shouldn't sub off Kane

Honestly, not defending the alli dive and a yellow card was right. However the movement he made with his leg was exactly what Jamie vardy was going all season in leicesters miracle season and he often praised for being clever. The media really do enjoy tearing dele down. I bet if one of Huddersfields players did that, it wouldn't of even made the highlights

Roundup on Motd's punditry of today's game.

1. Our full backs are good
2. Alli is a bad bad boy and should grow up
3. Pochetino shouldn't sub off Kane

Honestly, not defending the alli dive and a yellow card was right. However the movement he made with his leg was exactly what Jamie vardy was going all season in leicesters miracle season and he often praised for being clever. The media really do enjoy tearing dele down. I bet if one of Huddersfields players did that, it wouldn't of even made the highlights
I was actually more irritated at the "Poch shouldn't substitute Harry" comments. Fuck off Shearer. That's perhaps why your one stint as manager ended in total, abject failure.
It's like they enjoy stirring the bees nest when they run out of things to say. Another way of trying to suggest why he may grow discontented...they've failed trying to flog him to Manyoo, got bored with suggesting he needs to win things to be considered world class, so now come up with "Poch is a cunt & before long Harry will get pissed off at being substituted."

Right you are. Cunt.

Like one of my fellow town fans said, I actually enjoyed the game even considering the score. I think we all knew there wasn't really any chance we were going to get anything out the game but we did live in the faint hope that some of your players would have an off day. Clearly not, although I suspect that some of them didn't need to get out of second gear.

All the best for the rest of the season chaps, I really hope you are challenging for the title come the end of the season.

You'd be wrong, Van La Parra was slated for it last week, and rightly so.

For once I will say fair play to the old bill today they got it right....they knew the old school who weren't out for trouble but we're there just in case like..and to the huddersfield supporters that was class what you did for Kane.Respect

A fine post, son. Do you lot have a forum? I'm going to come on next time we play and post civil, complimentary sentences. Cause that's now the tradition between Spurs and Town.
No, we have no forums. Us backward, Northerners all have to share one pc with a 56k dial-up so I just count myself lucky that I got to use my turn to heap praise upon you......UTT

No, we have no forums. Us backward, Northerners all have to share one pc with a 56k dial-up so I just count myself lucky that I got to use my turn to heap praise upon you......UTT
That's the way it should be. Sure I heard that Plusnet were running some Yorkshire friendly internet? Free chips and gravy for every new customer.

I was actually more irritated at the "Poch shouldn't substitute Harry" comments. Fuck off Shearer. That's perhaps why your one stint as manager ended in total, abject failure.
It's like they enjoy stirring the bees nest when they run out of things to say. Another way of trying to suggest why he may grow discontented...they've failed trying to flog him to Manyoo, got bored with suggesting he needs to win things to be considered world class, so now come up with "Poch is a cunt & before long Harry will get pissed off at being substituted."

Right you are. Cunt.

It also craps on their new "one man team" mantra

Great away day yesterday. Without being patronising, it was really refreshing to see the home fans backing their team, the support from all four stands was a credit to them.
Also enjoyed seeing kids wearing Town shirts, and not Man U, Liverpool etc.There seem to be a genuine excitement in the air for our visit.
Very classy applauding Kane, but I'm not a fan of this organised Ultra crap. And as for the ginger twat with the Megaphone, that was just embarrassing.
Would love to see them stay up as another season would help their finances considerable. Very impressed with Huddersfield and looking forward to going back next year.

What makes you think that? Have you ever seen me in real life? Already asked you once, since you’re an expert.

Ha ha. Then I’m in good company with you aren’t I?
So what happened to your fancy life I’m the sun that you were so keen to remind us and others of over and over and over? Nothing, but it does have plenty to do with your narcissistic superiority complex and immaturity that leads you to act like a playground bully and then pretend that you are something better. You think you are better than Sammy? Lol. Sammy, I’m spite of his sometimes endless arguing, at least can display humility from time to time, unlike the grand Lord Cooper.
So we’re up to three playground insults in this one post from the guy that just admonished sammyspurs sammyspurs for apparently using childish insults. Ha ha ha. Look at yourself Cooper. Look at how desperate and hypocritical you are.

Anyhow, accusing you of being scared). Quite the contrary. It was you accusing sammyspurs of being too scared to meet you. Well Billy Big Bollocks, you want to play that game and think people won’t say things to your face, meet me at a home game this year. Let’s see how many of the fat jokes you’ll be prepared to say.
Let’s be honest and assume this sentence has no credibility after you’ve fired off three five year old fat jokes grandad. :harrylol:
I didn't accuse him of cowardice, just of saying things that rational people don't say face to face, because there is no need, in exactly the same way that you are unlikely to say any of the vitriolic abuse you pour in my direction. The fact that some of the things people say from the cover of the internet would get them punched, in a face to face scenario is obvious enough for anyone to understand.
My childish insults about your size are based on nothing more than comments that other people have made, and were posted to piss you off simply because you chose to jump in and start insulting me, yet again. Tell me where the rules state that I can't fight fire with fire?
I have no idea what you look like, whether you resemble Crouch or a sumo wrestler and could pass you in the street and never know it. Seem to have hit a nerve though.
I have no illusions about my knowledge of football, but I have played enough of the game to know how hard it is to do the stuff that pros make look simple, to denigrate these guys in the dismissive manner that some people do, in my view shows ignorance.
Yes, I have opinions that I am prepared to back up and support and your perceived arrogant disdain for me causes you to froth at the mouth and you are unable to prevent yourself from commenting and condemning me - despite me offering to avoid doing just that, for the good of everyone tired of these exchanges. I'm fucked if I'll be insulted by someone who comes across as a pompous shit like you do - and ignore it. Stop doing it and I will respond in kind.
I lived in Bermuda for 5 years and went out of my way to play down where I was, so your accusations to the contrary are fallacious and a straw man argument to allow you to find yet another reason to denigrate me. More often than not I only mentioned my location when other posters mentioned it, quite why my location was a source of anguish to you is beyond me.
I'm not a grandfather by the way, but a proud father of two lovely daughters.
I apologise unreservedly for the insults about your size/shape, you are right it was childish - and I'm disappointed in myself for sinking to the level of personal insults, it's no real excuse, but if you stopped insulting me on a personal level and concentrated on arguing with my POV, I assure you I WILL reciprocate.
None of this crap does either of us any favours, and frankly - I'm tired of it, and would be more than happy to stop.
I'm done with this now, enough is enough.

The same offer and assurance goes to anyone else who finds joy in insulting me, rather than concentrating on simply disagreeing with my opinions on footballing matters.
Have a good day.

Funny how this forum effects real life. Sitting in the pub and see McGinn score twice and all I can do is chuckle to myself about a jock geeza called Sausage fucking Vince who's bigged the boy up forever. My mates wouldn't understand.

Think the same fucking thing each time McGinn pops up on some live-score service

Web 2.0 ruined my life

Great away day yesterday. Without being patronising, it was really refreshing to see the home fans backing their team, the support from all four stands was a credit to them.
Also enjoyed seeing kids wearing Town shirts, and not Man U, Liverpool etc.There seem to be a genuine excitement in the air for our visit.
Very classy applauding Kane, but I'm not a fan of this organised Ultra crap. And as for the ginger twat with the Megaphone, that was just embarrassing.
Would love to see them stay up as another season would help their finances considerable. Very impressed with Huddersfield and looking forward to going back next year.
Agree on the ultras, great in Italy, bit cringey in the UK, but however they did it I have to say they were one of the best home fans I've witnessed in the Prem. Liked the place and also hope they stay up. Hope you enjoyed your 5am start, another early start required soon for Man Utd.

I didn't accuse him of cowardice, just of saying things that rational people don't say face to face, because there is no need, in exactly the same way that you are unlikely to say any of the vitriolic abuse you pour in my direction. The fact that some of the things people say from the cover of the internet would get them punched, in a face to face scenario is obvious enough for anyone to understand.
My childish insults about your size are based on nothing more than comments that other people have made, and were posted to piss you off simply because you chose to jump in and start insulting me, yet again. Tell me where the rules state that I can't fight fire with fire?
I have no idea what you look like, whether you resemble Crouch or a sumo wrestler and could pass you in the street and never know it. Seem to have hit a nerve though.
I have no illusions about my knowledge of football, but I have played enough of the game to know how hard it is to do the stuff that pros make look simple, to denigrate these guys in the dismissive manner that some people do, in my view shows ignorance.
Yes, I have opinions that I am prepared to back up and support and your perceived arrogant disdain for me causes you to froth at the mouth and you are unable to prevent yourself from commenting and condemning me - despite me offering to avoid doing just that, for the good of everyone tired of these exchanges. I'm fucked if I'll be insulted by someone who comes across as a pompous shit like you do - and ignore it. Stop doing it and I will respond in kind.
I lived in Bermuda for 5 years and went out of my way to play down where I was, so your accusations to the contrary are fallacious and a straw man argument to allow you to find yet another reason to denigrate me. More often than not I only mentioned my location when other posters mentioned it, quite why my location was a source of anguish to you is beyond me.
I'm not a grandfather by the way, but a proud father of two lovely daughters.
I apologise unreservedly for the insults about your size/shape, you are right it was childish - and I'm disappointed in myself for sinking to the level of personal insults, it's no real excuse, but if you stopped insulting me on a personal level and concentrated on arguing with my POV, I assure you I WILL reciprocate.
None of this crap does either of us any favours, and frankly - I'm tired of it, and would be more than happy to stop.
I'm done with this now, enough is enough.

The same offer and assurance goes to anyone else who finds joy in insulting me, rather than concentrating on simply disagreeing with my opinions on footballing matters.
Have a good day.

tldr1.gif

Back
Top Bottom