Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally home. Jobsworth train conductor wasn't happy with a few fans making a bit of noise on the train from Leeds to London so decided he'd stop it, meant getting home over an hour later as we stopped twice. Ridiculous.

The rest of the day was cracking though. Huddersfield is a welcome addition to the league's away days. Decent ground, decent atmosphere and a friendly/welcoming bunch. Ended up chatting with a couple in one of the pubs post game and they were pretty complimentary about us.

I don't agree our fans were bad today. We were just outsung which you expect when you're outnumbered and the home support actually make an effort. Their fans were just louder, no shame in that and credit to them because even at 3-0 they stuck with the team.
The standing ovation was a touch of class too and had me feeling emotional, great to see "one of our own" get recognition from the opposition.

As for the game. A solid performance. Could have scored more, wasn't too worried about conceding for most of the game. Kane is just on another level since his injury. Something stupid like 36 goals in 31 games now. Unbelievable and he's surely set to smash 50 in 2017 with potentially 19 games left this year.

Great day. Now to start doing it in the 'home' games too.
Thought our support was great in the first half but poor in the second. Maybe some people expected another 1-6/1-7.

Okay you Spurs. here's my view of todays match as promised.

Odd as it may seem, I actually enjoyed that. Not the outcome obviously but seeing/witnessing a team with great players in every area (just about) so I treated the whole thing as a massive learning curve for me and my team. Obviously I've watched plenty of Premier Legaue matches on TV but live is completely different. The movement and mobiity of Kane & Ali is incrediable and we just couldn't cope with it. I could go on!

Making no excuses, I thought we had too many players out of sorts today, off the pace and lacking in concentation, which are all things we've been pretty good as so far! But we ended up being out smarted by players with flair vision and killer instinct to score. Even at 0-3 Ali thought he should dive in the box, which meant to me rather than just thinking wanker, he still wanted more.

I hope you all had a good day, your singing was shite and there was a smug cockiness about some of your fans but hey...I can sort of see why!

Have a good season and hopefully we'll play you again next year!

I agree a little about the smug cockiness. I don't think we sung it to you but we often sick "You're fucking shit" chant which is absolutely appropriate when smashing Woolwich, West Ham, Chelsea, City, Leicester and other cunts like that, but once or twice we've sung it against opposition who don't really deserve it, just because we are better than them. As I say, perhaps we didn't sing it to you, hope not, there is a place for it, but against a newly promoted side who haven't been in the top league for some time obviously isn't the time to come across smug when you win.

I agree a little about the smug cockiness. I don't think we sung it to you but we often sick "You're fucking shit" chant which is absolutely appropriate when smashing Woolwich, West Ham, Chelsea, City, Leicester and other cunts like that, but once or twice we've sung it against opposition who don't really deserve it, just because we are better than them. As I say, perhaps we didn't sing it to you, hope not, there is a place for it, but against a newly promoted side who haven't been in the top league for some time obviously isn't the time to come across smug when you win.
I have to say I don't much care for this sucking up to Huddersfield simply because some of their fans have been courteous and are just enjoying their PL adventure. If they stay up for a few years they'll become just like the rest. We're not here to do the opposition favours, be it their team or their fans. We're there to get behind our team, be the twelfth man and help our side win games, not sit there quietly deciding which chant much be unfair to the opponent. I mean "you're shit" is hardly the same as, say, the old homophobic Sol Campbell chants. Plus, it's arrogance. Behaving like we're the better side and thinking we are doing the minnows a favour just by turning up and honouring them with our presence, and so not taunting them, is not a good thing to me, it's bad. It's treating the other side like they are incapable of beating us and are an inconsequential challenge. Disrespectful in my opinion and also a dangerous mentality if it ever makes it's way back to the players.

I used to hated the bouncing kids, the flags, drumming etc, but do you know what? The clubs that target Town as tinpot and cringeworthy, claiming to be much too cool and hard for that sort of thing, well their atmosphere is shite. Absolutely dead for 95% of games, Elland road, Hillsborough, St James Park. JSS is bouncing every game in fact that was probably the poorest home atmosphere this season, mainly due to early KO and being 3-0 down after 20 minutes.
I started going back in the late 70s and early 80s football at Leeds Road was a very different experience to the JSS yesterday. I ve never banged a drum waved a flag or even clapped a clapper, but at least home games are quite enjoyable again these days. Even ones like yesterday.

Did Mick just write a book becuse I said "you go girl".....?

:dembele:
200.gif

I have to say I don't much care for this sucking up to Huddersfield simply because some of their fans have been courteous and are just enjoying their PL adventure. If they stay up for a few years they'll become just like the rest. We're not here to do the opposition favours, be it their team or their fans. We're there to get behind our team, be the twelfth man and help our side win games, not sit there quietly deciding which chant much be unfair to the opponent. I mean "you're shit" is hardly the same as, say, the old homophobic Sol Campbell chants. Plus, it's arrogance. Behaving like we're the better side and thinking we are doing the minnows a favour just by turning up and honouring them with our presence, and so not taunting them, is not a good thing to me, it's bad. It's treating the other side like they are incapable of beating us and are an inconsequential challenge. Disrespectful in my opinion and also a dangerous mentality if it ever makes it's way back to the players.
I don't have a problem with the banter, I just think the sting is out when we sing it to teams and supporters who know they're not good.

Last edited:
Huddersfield were far from shit albeit naive and in the first half had a real go and whilst I cannot recall too many real chances looked good. They were a breath of fresh air compared to the 'park the bus' teams like Swansea and I think they will escape relegation as long as they do not lose confidence. They caught us on a day when we converted our chances and once they had let in 3 the game was over. I expect they will adapt their game for other top 6 sides and probably when they come to Wembley.
To the poster pointing out Cardiff are the only premiership team Kane has not scored against as they are top of the Championship maybe he can rectify that next season. Nice not to have Alan Smith on the commentary team and Henry in the studio. Please repeat the Sky team for future matches and keep our matches Ex Gooner free.

Thoughts on the match:

1. Both Harrys were unbelievable

2. I don't miss Rose as much the way Davies is playing

3. Eriksen and Dele didn't have the best of games. Dele needs to quit looking for calls and just get on with it.

4. We should wear the away kits at Wembley just to mind fuck.........everybody.

I was actually more irritated at the "Poch shouldn't substitute Harry" comments. Fuck off Shearer. That's perhaps why your one stint as manager ended in total, abject failure.
It's like they enjoy stirring the bees nest when they run out of things to say. Another way of trying to suggest why he may grow discontented...they've failed trying to flog him to Manyoo, got bored with suggesting he needs to win things to be considered world class, so now come up with "Poch is a cunt & before long Harry will get pissed off at being substituted."

Right you are. Cunt.
It's laughable because the media also often criticise our lack of depth. If Kane had gone off injured at 3-0 instead they'd be slaughtering us for not taking him off with the game won.

It was sung yesterday. Agree there's a time and place for it, isn't needed in games like yesterday.

Huddersfield were far from shit albeit naive and in the first half had a real go and whilst I cannot recall too many real chances looked good. They were a breath of fresh air compared to the 'park the bus' teams like Swansea and I think they will escape relegation as long as they do not lose confidence.
In fairness to Swansea they've often come to play against us and been smashed because of it. They've yet to beat us since promotion so it's about time they changed their approach.

I believe in the brotherhood of man . Not of course to direct rivals but some humility to the less fortunate is only human nature for many of us .

I believe in the brotherhood of man . Not of course to direct rivals but some humility to the less fortunate is only human nature for many of us .
This. Outside of the 90 minutes of game time there's no reason we cannot be civil and friendly with fans of other clubs if there is nothing more than a sporting/friendly rivalry between us

The "na na na na you're shitttt" chant comes out when we are 3-0 up to any team, I don't see why we would make an exception for Huddersfield because a few of their fans came on this forum and seemed like decent blokes.

Back
Top Bottom