Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't expect Madrid to start their league just as dodgy as we have, especially at home. Still a long way off but we could be competing for more than 2nd at this rate which is fun to think about.

Didn't expect Madrid to start their league just as dodgy as we have, especially at home. Still a long way off but we could be competing for more than 2nd at this rate which is fun to think about.
I don't quite understand how they can lose at home to a team like Real Betis who, although my favourite team in Spain, are a bit naff. Clearly saving everything for the Champions' League...

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid didn't know where to put this.
You seem to know a bit about Spanish football.
what's the deal with the bats on Levante and Valencia. Lots of them there.
Like the canal water stuff with the mancs

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid didn't know where to put this.
You seem to know a bit about Spanish football.
what's the deal with the bats on Levante and Valencia. Lots of them there.
Like the canal water stuff with the mancs
It's the symbol of the city, been on the coat of arms for hundreds of years.

valenciaescudo01.gif

There's some legend that a Muslim ruler in the days of El Cid said that they would rule over Valencia as long as the city's bats flew at night. One night they didn't, and one was said to have landed the next night on the crown of James I of Aragon who was preparing to take the city. Some cobblers like that anyhow.

People wanting to buy tickets from Real Madrid for the 17th might like to know that they go on sale to Madridistas on Friday 29/09 at 10 am and on General Sale on Monday 02/10 at 10 am.

Seats next to the away section in the Fondo Norte look like they will cost €50, below us €70 and next to us but in the Lateral Este €80-85

I don't quite understand how they can lose at home to a team like Real Betis who, although my favourite team in Spain, are a bit naff. Clearly saving everything for the Champions' League...

Well if we've been 'Spursy' in the past... then you could say their Betis result was 'Really'!

I tenk you very much! :pocheyes:

they'll no doubt go through their shit, out-of-form phase over the next couple of games, allowing Dortmund to pick up points against them - before hitting optimum form in time for their games against us where they bend us over and part our cheeks

Now it gets interesting. These next two games are crucial.
Whilst I think we can get a result away at Dortmund I also wouldn't be surprised if they turn us over.

getting more points and/or keeping the GD loss to a minimum is the starting point v Madrid and then go from there.

Anyone planning on buying tickets for the game at the Bernabeu via the Madrid website, I'd recommend you become a Madridista and buy today or at the weekend before they go on general sale on Monday at 10 am. There are about 500 still available under €100, probably another 500 available over this price (€120-€190) but they're going fast. Hard to find seats together, I was lucky to get three one in front of the other. Looks pretty certain to sell out.

From the plan you see when buying tickets it looks like we have the whole of the top two tiers (3 and 4) of the Fondo Norte end.

Here's a link (in English) to becoming one if you can stomach it, it says it's €30 but I only got charged €25 for the first year...
Madridistas | Real Madrid CF

Back
Top Bottom