New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, it's not the roof actually. Have a look from this cam. Those steel 'beams' leaning towards the pitch are at ground level.

Yep that's the roof. It will all form the cable tensioning system, it's done at ground level then lifted upwards into position. All the stuff laid out on the ground in-front of the North stand are parts of the roof yet to be fitted. This is a different design roof but this is the principle.

Apolgies to Armadillo and any others in the know but that looks closer to 50 meters than 100.
I would bet that they are going to get it done correctly. There's no scale in that picture anyway.
Front of the new south stands starts at the front of the old Paxton and they are capping foundation piles way beyond the front of the old park lane.
Of course they are going to fit underneath. It's the first thing that has got to be viable, the space to store it.

[/URL]

Edit: wasn't Ahab a non believer :pochohshit::pochsmirk::pochlol:

Last edited:
No, it's not the roof actually. Have a look from this cam. Those steel 'beams' leaning towards the pitch are at ground level.

If you talking about the five beams erected on the North Stand, attached to the cables, they get raised up and hang of those cables (tension ring).
The cables they are attached to when tensioned will be joined to the steel ring by more cable at the bottom.
The roof covering will come from the top of the steel ring and at its edge will meet the top of those beams
Circled below is one of those beams. At its base are the cables its attached to now.
[/URL]

I heard the same a couple of days ago from a mate of mine who occasionally gets itk stuff. His came from a 3rd party organisation where he's well-connected, and where they have no axe to grind, so it would be wrong to diss it out of hand imo. It doesn't come from one of the Spurs fans forums, although he's seen other rumours there too.

Fuck I hope he's wrong. 2 years at that bloody awful hole. Urgh. And having to pay those idiots at the FA our hard earned dosh is just the fly on the dogturd.
Yeah that Ricky bloke who posted that tweet has deleted it now. Basically we have trouble with financing the build and we are staying at Wembley. Talksport picked it up and discussed it. This Ricky bloke posted it on twitter, it's now gospel. Now it's gone.
I can't even see what it said.
Why believe talksport?
They are the ones saying we are going to lose our players Jan and summer as we ain't world class.
Same breath saying we are in financial trouble.
If we were struggling don't you think we would have cashed in on Dier as well, at the least, and not spent the £140m odd we would have made from sales
Yet we sell £87m and spend £75m of it.
Takeshite

I would bet that they are going to get it done correctly. There's no scale in that picture anyway.
Front of the new south stands starts at the front of the old Paxton and they are capping foundation piles way beyond the front of the old park lane.
Of course they are going to fit underneath. It's the first thing that has got to be viable, the space to store it.

[/URL]

Edit: wasn't Ahab a non believer :pochohshit::pochsmirk::pochlol:
Those foundation piles you see there are most probably for one of the apartment blocks.

I heard the same a couple of days ago from a mate of mine who occasionally gets itk stuff. His came from a 3rd party organisation where he's well-connected, and where they have no axe to grind, so it would be wrong to diss it out of hand imo. It doesn't come from one of the Spurs fans forums, although he's seen other rumours there too.

Fuck I hope he's wrong. 2 years at that bloody awful hole. Urgh. And having to pay those idiots at the FA our hard earned dosh is just the fly on the dogturd.
The only upside is that we'll be at home when we reach back-to-back FA Cup finals. :)

Joking aside (and, apologies if this has been discussed before), if we do reach any finals, would they be played at Wembley? I can imagine opposition managers might have a problem with this.

The only upside is that we'll be at home when we reach back-to-back FA Cup finals. :)

Joking aside (and, apologies if this has been discussed before), if we do reach any finals, would they be played at Wembley? I can imagine opposition managers might have a problem with this.
I would have thought that the FA would have made all clubs aware that they wont accept any complaints should that happen.

You just know that if we win a final the media and other fans will write it off as unfair advantage, even though they have all been pissing themselves with the hoodoo narrative up until Dortmund.

I would have thought that the FA would have made all clubs aware that they wont accept any complaints should that happen.
You may be right but, if we manage anything approaching the sort of form we showed at WHL last season, I can't see many opposition managers quietly accepting they've got to contest a final against a team that's spent this season making Wembley a domestic 'fortress'.

We'll have to see - it would be a nice 'problem' to have. ;)

Back
Top Bottom