New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the work being done on the Stadium in relation to the partnership with the NFL,the NFL games could be played on the international breaks in October/November thus meaning the grass surface would have been ideal for two games.The money spent on the artificial pitch for the NFL experience suggest to me Tottenham is getting a NFL Team on a permanent basis in the next couple of years.This will bring in extra revenue and in turn open up the States for the naming rights for our Stadium .
I remain extremely skeptical of the supposed move of an NFL team to London (or any other foreign country). They are having a difficult enough time navigating their extremely despotic business practices within the bounds of the significantly more conservative US courts and labor authorities. Their reluctance to expand their legal footprint remains the only valid reason to continue with the Bills in Buffalo over Toronto.

London is an occasional event cashcow and, most importantly, provides the league with the leverage to bilk US taxpayers out of stadium funds that was forfeited when they moved teams back into the LA market. Look for any owner in the next 10 years who doesn't have a brand new free stadium to suddenly play a few games in London, take some tours with Levy, talk about how great the passionate fans in London are, and then magically have a new stadium produced for him.

Talk on TS now(I know) that we'll be two years at Wembley.........:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::avbshock::dempsey:

If we can get away with requesting the first 3-4 games away to get another month out of the build, should it count that's got to be an option available to us

If this is the case it would be a massive setback for us as a club. Being back in N17 next year is an absolute must

Talk on TS now(I know) that we'll be two years at Wembley.........:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::avbshock::dempsey:

Been quoting on some stuff recently for the new stadium. All final fitting out sort of work, not been told timescales but I get the impression decisions are being made soon.

Talking to people no way they would be working double shifts through the night right now if they didn't think it was possible to be ready next summer.

He isn't here to defend himself (Closed account) and it's a bitchy unnecessary comment which you've brought up for no reason. No one has even mentioned him, other than you randomly insulting him.

Bit of a cunt thing to do.
Have you ever thought this might be a Joe multi insulting himself?

Been quoting on some stuff recently for the new stadium. All final fitting out sort of work, not been told timescales but I get the impression decisions are being made soon.

Talking to people no way they would be working double shifts through the night right now if they didn't think it was possible to be ready next summer.
All the night shifts are not happening now, but in saying that, we should be ready to role at our new stadium in September, next year.

I heard the same a couple of days ago from a mate of mine who occasionally gets itk stuff. His came from a 3rd party organisation where he's well-connected, and where they have no axe to grind, so it would be wrong to diss it out of hand imo. It doesn't come from one of the Spurs fans forums, although he's seen other rumours there too.

Fuck I hope he's wrong. 2 years at that bloody awful hole. Urgh. And having to pay those idiots at the FA our hard earned dosh is just the fly on the dogturd.

All the night shifts are not happening now, but in saying that, we should be ready to role at our new stadium in September, next year.
I did see some arc welding going on in the east and west stand a couple of nights ago.
Last week was pretty quiet. Obviously a lot of the work force have gone on a well deserved holiday.

Anyone know what they're doing here on the North stand? Does it have anything to do with installing the pitches?
Will the cranes lift in the pitch trays? Questions questions. New steel structure can be seen on the south east corner.

Back
Top Bottom