The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the choice of being in a noisy contrived stadium and a silent one, I'll take contrived one every single time. "We" were fucking shit as supporters last night, absolute silent bar singing two songs.

Wembley is only a temporary home. No one feels 'at home' there hence the restricted singing.. I thought there were 2 excellent renditions of Oh when the Spurs but not much after that.

The new ground is going to be excellent. I'm happy to have one off season as there is light at the end of the tunnel unlike some who have to put up with it FOREVER.

Given the choice of being in a noisy contrived stadium and a silent one, I'll take contrived one every single time. "We" were fucking shit as supporters last night, absolute silent bar singing two songs.

That's what it's going to be like all season - there's no de-facto Park Lane or Shelf, and often a noisy away end will subdue the home fans a little. I tried to start a chorus of "You only sing when you're winning!" but it didn't get far.

:pochsulk:

Madrid were very poor in the first half v Appoel yesterday apparently, I read the Marca minute-by-minute at HT and it was very scathing. Needed a dubious penalty in the 2nd half to settle the nerves.

Ron getting a serious injury over the next couple of weeks would be a real touch
Dodgy penalty, and a fortuitous goal. One goal was decent . ronaldo arguing with goal line technology when he missed a sitter. At home.
Far from convincing really.

Wembley is only a temporary home. No one feels 'at home' there hence the restricted singing.. I thought there were 2 excellent renditions of Oh when the Spurs but not much after that.

The new ground is going to be excellent. I'm happy to have one off season as there is light at the end of the tunnel unlike some who have to put up with it FOREVER.
I think the atmosphere has been good at Wembley, not intense but it has been far better than I was expecting, Chelsea was very good, singing for long periods of the game and a good variety of songs, Burnley was probably on par with Burnley at WHL, it's Burnley. But last night was utter shite, it was utter shite when we played them at the Lane a couple of years ago too. It seems if the opt bring in a drum we don't bother, embarrassing.

That's what it's going to be like all season - there's no de-facto Park Lane or Shelf, and often a noisy away end will subdue the home fans a little. I tried to start a chorus of "You only sing when you're winning!" but it didn't get far.

:pochsulk:
Chelsea game was an excellent atmosphere. Last night we sang "Oh when the Spurs" about 4 times and "Come on you Spurs" about 4 times, terrible.

Like the drum?
Don't know what you mean? Are you referring to the one over the PA system, if so that was embarrassing and actually stopped us from chanting. But if it wasn't played over the PA system I'd take that than sitting in complete silence. I hated the drum at the Lane too as it was one bloke on one drum, all a bit pathetic but that or complete silence then surely you'd take that?

Chelsea game was an excellent atmosphere. Last night we sang "Oh when the Spurs" about 4 times and "Come on you Spurs" about 4 times, terrible.

Fair enough, I didn't make it to Chelsea (honest reason - I was certain we'd fuck it up) but good to know it can still get going for the big derby's.

I think the atmosphere has been good at Wembley, not intense but it has been far better than I was expecting, Chelsea was very good, singing for long periods of the game and a good variety of songs, Burnley was probably on par with Burnley at WHL, it's Burnley. But last night was utter shite, it was utter shite when we played them at the Lane a couple of years ago too. It seems if the opt bring in a drum we don't bother, embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more...

Been to all the "home" games this season and finally managed to get a seat in the "Park Lane/Shelf Side" bowl in the South West Corner (block 127) and as a section, we were singing a variety of songs through the whole game; particularly the "Being a Yid song".

Everyone further along the west stand should be ashamed of themselves, didn't utter a syllable, didn't seem to know the words of the songs and essentially stood in silence watching us beat the best in Europe.

As a result, the songs didn't travel around the stadium and everyone lost a bit of impetus. If you want to enjoy a good atmosphere, bring it yourselves!

Very concerned about the attendance being so low...what does that mean for us later down the season when it's not a European glamour tie?

No complaints about the performance, but the best atmosphere was at the gates on the way in - "Fuck Wembley, I wanna go home" was the song...funny, but worrying sentiment. We've got it for a year, it is what is. Let's embrace it.

This Wembley Hoodoo makes me die...

We've won 8 FA cups, 4 league cups and about 6 or 7 charity shields.. Now all bar a couple were played at Wembley so that's not bad for a club that has a 'Wembley Hoodoo'

Couldn't agree more...

Been to all the "home" games this season and finally managed to get a seat in the "Park Lane/Shelf Side" bowl in the South West Corner (block 127) and as a section, we were singing a variety of songs through the whole game; particularly the "Being a Yid song".

Everyone further along the west stand should be ashamed of themselves, didn't utter a syllable, didn't seem to know the words of the songs and essentially stood in silence watching us beat the best in Europe.

As a result, the songs didn't travel around the stadium and everyone lost a bit of impetus. If you want to enjoy a good atmosphere, bring it yourselves!

Very concerned about the attendance being so low...what does that mean for us later down the season when it's not a European glamour tie?

No complaints about the performance, but the most singing I head was at the gates on the way in and it was "Fuck Wembley, I wanna go home".
I'm sat in the corner but further along the touchline, the two previous games my block has sung every song, not stood, but it has been full on signing and it has been a pleasant surprise (my old seat was on the half way line in East Upper, so no singing on mass unless it was bouncing). But we were shit when they came to The Lane last time, it appears we can't be arsed to compete with an oppo with drum.

I'm also convinced that the endless negativity that surrounds us from the media is also having an effect, the media will not shut up about a curse, I'm convinced that fans buy into this negativity and therefore don't bother to go. In the so called "Park Lane" bit there were absolutely loads of empty seats, especially towards the far corner. Where the fuck were people, this is supposed to be the "home end" and full of die hards.

Back
Top Bottom