The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've lived in Germany for eight years now. The commentators here look at English teams and the national side as a bit of a joke (guess we should be thankful for the attention?), but last night was class. The commentators and the players in their post-match interviews all looked as though they'd been to the doctor and been told "I'm afraid your cancer has AIDS".

Good point.

My only fear is that Dortmund are a very good side and could squeeze a draw or even a win against Real Madrid.
I'm not saying we can't beat I think they are better equipped to spring a surprise..

I can't see Madrid going 6-0-0. Either us or Dortmund will take points off them.

Sounds daft but I think if we can pull off a draw in Dortmund
Why not we are a decent team. In a way it's completely different game for us and the pressure will be on them. they now know that we've got something about us so they will treat us with respect. we must have gained confidence and as we know football is all about confidence.

That's how it should be done. If Sanchez and Foyth have genuine aspirations to become the best at what they do they should surround themselves with the likes of Aurier, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Toby. Calm, in control and aware of the danger and get outs around them. Add Dembele to that list as well as defensively he's sharp, even if it's more solo than the others listed

Poch should be proud of the players they showed how good the squad from last season second-place Spurs are. we had both fallbacks missing A new centre back playing, a new Wing back Alli missing. Wembely and all that. And this results on the back of an away win Everton. It's all pretty good I Say. BVB were petty decent also a level we need to reach.

Last edited:
I can't see Madrid going 6-0-0. Either us or Dortmund will take points off them.
Madrid were very poor in the first half v Appoel yesterday apparently, I read the Marca minute-by-minute at HT and it was very scathing. Needed a dubious penalty in the 2nd half to settle the nerves.

Ron getting a serious injury over the next couple of weeks would be a real touch

More like that feeling you get when you wake up getting a blowjob
giphy.gif

Left at the final whistle, pegged it down Wembley Way. Didn't get home until 12.30. Couldn't sleep until 1.30. What a night, what a team.

My only gripe was that I managed to choose a ticket about 10 seats away from where the standing stopped. Fucking miserable bastards behind telling us to sit down. Calling the stewards over. Fuck sake. Oh well I know now. If anyone is interested you need to be no further round to the west than block 131. The first 6 or 7 seats in 132 that are closest to 131 are OK (or at least they were last night) but past that you'll be sitting.

A lot of people out there are pushing the narrative that this was a lucky win and we didn't deserve it. Which was to be expected of course. If Chelsea or Liverpool had done it exactly like this, they'd all be talking about the genius of the manager, clever performance, etc etc.

Sure there was an element of luck just like there is in most football matches, but that is by no means the only takeaway from this match. There were so many other important factors and the win was largely down to good tactical planning and immense performances from a lot of the guys on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom