The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, shout out to Poch for some top notch prep work! Nailed it.

Thought he looked totally drained in his post match CL interview. I think he laid some Wembley ghosts to rest tonight, and did a Spurs reversal and made the team sit back and soak up the pressure.

Lessons have been learned, the team strengthened, and Poch now has a team that can play in a way to suit the teams we now face. I can't remember the last time we had so little of the overall possession but that according to Poch post match was part of his very cunning plan.

Overall a good game against a team that have more CL experience that us, moved the ball well and pressed us high, and are certainly a top ten European side.

Kane as usual was outstanding, our talisman and drives this team on in every game.

Alli's suspension helped. Son offered that counter attack option....
Said it to my (bemused and not bothered) missus last night. Alli better up his game....all this "he needs competition" stuff, well he's already got it.
Son has PACE.....I doubt Alli would have made it for that goal, and simply doesn't offer that burst up top.

Saying that Alli would have been a gift to bring in second half.

A great reminder to him that this team is special with and without him.......

Last edited:
Said it my (bemused and not bothered) missus last night. Alli better up his game....all this "he needs competition" stuff, well he's already got it.
Son has PACE.....I doubt Alli would have made it for that goal, and simply doesn't offer that burst up top.

Saying that Alli would have been a gift to bring in second half.

A great reminder to him that this team is special with and without him.......
Well said, Poch wanted a bit of pressure on Alli and he is getting it now. Great problem to have... Hope Son gets to start next game as well to show appreciation and fairness...

what did Poch change at HT to turn it around? Hard to see apart from getting the wingbacks tighter (in particular Serge).

What a result. Dortmund were so good in the first half we couldn't see how we'd win. We thought that 2-3 the likeliest score. They were doing to us what we were doing last season - possession at pace, dragging the oppo all over the place, creating space and chances at will.

Hopefully it sounded loud on the telly. Very gravelly voice this morning.

Healthy conundrum. Poch knows he needs that pace in certain games. He will need to manage his personnel. Am more worried about Alli's agent..
We mustn't get into this mindset of players may leave. Let the media have their play. We have him now, enjoy him - he will deliver as will all the other players this season.

There are 3 things in life you can guarantee , death, taxes and a players leaving your club.

What a game, makes the 2 hour trip home from Wembley worth it, Fucking love Son ! What a strike, and Aurier what a fucking beast! For those who say we were playing a weakened team, can only beat who we play, plus we have injuries as well and Dele suspended so fuck it just enjoy the moment!

What a result and performance that was.

I believe we came of age last night, I think we showed a different side to our mentality and showed we can change to suit our opponents style of play, this is something we have lacked in the past.
Poch outsmarted one of the smartest teams in world football.
Normally we would stick to our usual game plan have loads of possession but end up with nothing.
This was so pleasing to see that we do have alternatives.
This is how we should set up and approach games we play against Liverpool and Man City to a certain extent.

There was some outstanding performances last night and the fact that we had to play Son instead of Alli worked in our favour.
I have never seen a team play so high up the pitch, they were virtually playing a 2-4-4.
I couldn't believe they were playing like this with that shit keeper they have, his positional play was shocking.

I still don't think we will beat Real but I go into the games against them with a lot more confidence now I've seen we can mix it up a bit.
Credit to the manager and every player that produced this magnificent result.

We've totally bollocksed up talk sports entire schedule today as they were going to spend all day talking about the Wembley hoodoo and how inept we are in Europe..

Very happy Yid this morning..

Last edited:
Sent many a text to people I know who support other clubs bragging about the result ( the ones who sat there ready to take the piss about the Wembley hoodoo again) and I got so many returns saying " we were playing Dortmunds B team as all their best players were out"

The jealousy this morning has reached new levels :dembelelol:

Very happy about last night.

Was also pleased that when we conceded the fans, well at least round me, took it in their stride so to speak. Not too much moaning, which could be transferred to the pitch.

Only took an hour to get home which was a touch

What a result and performance that was.

I believe we came of age last night, I think we showed a different side to our mentality and showed we can change to suit our opponents style of play, this is something we have lacked in the past.
Poch outsmarted one of the smartest teams in world football.
Normally we would stick to our usual game plan have loads of possession but end up with nothing.
This was so pleasing to see that we do have alternatives.
This is how we should set up and approach games we play against Liverpool and Man City to a certain extent.

There was some outstanding performances last night and the fact that we had to play Son instead of Alli worked in our favour.
I have never seen a team play so high up the pitch, they were virtually playing a 2-4-4.
I couldn't believe they were playing like this with that shit keeper they have, his positional play was shocking.

I still don't think we will be Real but I go into the games against them with a lot more confidence now I've seen we can mix it up a bit.
Credit to the manager and every player that produced this magnificent result.

We've totally bollocksed up talk sports entire schedule today as they were going to spend all day talking about the Wembley hoodoo and how inept we are in Europe..

Very happy Yid this morning..

This is the main benefit from playing in the Champions League this season I feel. You need to adapt and tweak gameplans based on your opponent and this will allow our players to develop further and become more well rounded.

Sonnys pace was so important and I'd have liked him to have got a couple. Start him against Swansea he deserves to feel like he forced his way into the XI

Kane's so strong. He's relentless. If he stays at Spurs he'll break all records!

Dele Son Kane for me with Eriksen a little deeper with license to roam and Winksy putting in a Kante like performance whilst Dembele gets a little rest.

Pochettino mixed it up yesterday and the thing that was most pleasing about this is it showed our players can do it. High defensive line became a deep lying one and our attackers demonstrated they are able to run at backlines and not just ticky tack and find space like we see.

The biggest game for me in the group now is Dortmund away. Tactically master them again and that's when I'll be really excited about what this team can achieve.

Treat them to a fry up this morning Daniel my boy, they all deserve one

what did Poch change at HT to turn it around? Hard to see apart from getting the wingbacks tighter (in particular Serge).

What a result. Dortmund were so good in the first half we couldn't see how we'd win. We thought that 2-3 the likeliest score. They were doing to us what we were doing last season - possession at pace, dragging the oppo all over the place, creating space and chances at will.

Hopefully it sounded loud on the telly. Very gravelly voice this morning.

Chances at will? They had 10 chances all game. We had more and better chances all game. They had a quick, no-end-product Pulisic running on the ball creating nothing but an illusion of danger.

Last edited:
Spurs fans leaving...

Cunts

Hold on there fella.. do you know how difficult it is to get out of there on a midweek night??

Lots of people had to get to other stations to make sure they didn't miss the LAST train home.

I think these people need commending as they turned up knowing that there is a risk of being stranded all night, rather than slating.

Back
Top Bottom