The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on how Poch rotates goalkeepers for the cups, rotates fullbacks in general (where possible) and the fact that Aurier will have been able to train properly with the group then I can see this being our lineup:

[formation=343, Vorm, Toby, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Davies, Son, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

Perhaps there's a chance that he'll want to avoid Dier burning out (especially with Wanyama injured) and so may play Winks or Sissoko there instead.

Any more rotation than that would be careless against Dortmund, in my opinion (I don't want to think about the last time we did that).

-----------------------------Lloris------------------------------
--------Alderweireld---Sanchez---Vertonghen---------
Aurier-------------------------------------------------Davies
-----------------------Dier------Dembele--------------------
Son---------------------------------------------------Eriksen
-----------------------------Kane------------------------------

This should be a cracker of a game.

3-2 - Kane, Son (2)

Based on how Poch rotates goalkeepers for the cups, rotates fullbacks in general (where possible) and the fact that Aurier will have been able to train properly with the group then I can see this being our lineup:

[formation=343, Vorm, Toby, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Davies, Son, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

Perhaps there's a chance that he'll want to avoid Dier burning out (especially with Wanyama injured) and so may play Winks or Sissoko there instead.

Any more rotation than that would be careless against Dortmund, in my opinion (I don't want to think about the last time we did that).
I'd be shocked if Vorm starts at home against BVB. I could see him against APOEL for sure.

Vorm is definitely our man for domestic cups, but I'd be genuinely surprised to see Vorm in goal for this competition. Poch basically came out at the beginning of the season and said that he wants to win the Prem and he wants to win the Champions League, all other cups are bonus opportunities. Now that we have some real depth to our squad, I think we are going to see more of our first teamers rested in the league to save them for the Champions League unlike in the past. That said, I think Lloris should be nailed on for both league and Europe.

I'd be shocked if Vorm starts at home against BVB. I could see him against APOEL for sure.

Vorm is definitely our man for domestic cups, but I'd be genuinely surprised to see Vorm in goal for this competition. Poch basically came out at the beginning of the season and said that he wants to win the Prem and he wants to win the Champions League, all other cups are bonus opportunities. Now that we have some real depth to our squad, I think we are going to see more of our first teamers rested in the league to save them for the Champions League unlike in the past. That said, I think Lloris should be nailed on for both league and Europe.
I hope you two are right. In fairness, I just had a bit of a 'Mandela effect' moment and mistakenly remembered Vorm as playing in goal the night we lost to Monaco at Wembley - just looked it up and no, Lloris started that evening.

So my apologies, Lloris instead of Vorm.

-----------------------------Lloris------------------------------
--------Alderweireld---Sanchez---Vertonghen---------
Aurier-------------------------------------------------Davies
-----------------------Dier------Dembele--------------------
Son---------------------------------------------------Eriksen
-----------------------------Kane------------------------------

This should be a cracker of a game.

3-2 - Kane, Son (2)

That, my friend, is a tasty line-up. We have to fancy our chances if that's the team we put out!

I'm not confident about this. Suffice to say that if we are to have a chance of getting out of this group, we pretty much have to win this game. It could be a big turning point for us in Europe and at Wembley, or it could be the end of our CL campaign before it's even started.

This will be the first CL game I've been too. Can't wait for it. I used to be so excited as a kid watching the likes of Blackburn Rovers and Spartan Moscow play with the anthem to begin.

All that aside, I think we'll struggle here. And I'm okay with that. I was really encouraged by what I saw at Everton, and if it doesn't happen for us this year with the home away from home and group of death, that's okay. Keep the squad and manager together and we're on the up.
Hi Pal, do you know if there's anyone comming over who might have a spear Ticket they would like to sell.??

Poch is fucking mental if benches Hugo for a cl game against Dortmund in this group

Back
Top Bottom