The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to use the squad but only put in strong players. Therefore Aurier, Dembele & Son should be the 3 changes. Trippier, Dele & Sissoko back for Swansea.

Of course Dembele was rested.

Its pretty known he can't play 2 games in a week and he already started for Belgium. It's clear Poch had Dortmund in mind.

Gut instinct, nothing more. He admitted in the summer he'll only be at 70% from now on and he was poor against Chelsea and Burnley. Don't see where he fits in our side now other then an effective sub.

Interesting theory mate, and I have no desire to start a cunt off, but your completely and utterly wrong. He played brilliantly against Chelsea and is probably our most important player. I thought everyone knew that. . .:dembelewtf:

Time to put the shambles of the EL meeting right.....this game with a full strength Spurs is another kettle of fish.
If they take us lightly with the last meeting in their heads they will come unstuck.

I think this is where Wembley will show its might......in the night under the lights against big oppo in the CL.

Hopefully a good performance, a win, and some home momentum off the back of it. Cant wait.

Dortmund looked toothless and out of ideas in their game against a 10 men Freiberg yesterday. I'm not scared of them, they aren't better than us.

This is the team I think Potch will go with

HL
TA DS JV
SA ED HW BD
SHM CE
HK

He rested Dembele against Everton for the Dortmund game.

Lloris
Toby Sanchez Vertonghen
Aurier Dembele Dier Davies
Dele Eriksen
Kane

Son to come on around 65 mins if we need a goal. This is our biggest game in the group.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Dier - Dembele - Davies
Eriksen
Son - Kane
Can't see anything but this team.

It'd be highly disappointing if we started with Trippier. We NEED to go in strong. Aurier is our best right back. He needs to start. It's harsh on Sissoko too but Dembele/Dier is our best available line up. I do wonder if Sissoko may get a go instead of Dele though.

My heart says a 2-1 win but my head says 1-1, which wouldn't be the best result at all.

A win would be so good considering we have APOEL next and a potential 6 points from the opening 2 games puts us in a GREAT position (especially if Madrid go on to win their opening 2)

Lloris
Eriksen
Son - Kane

It'd be highly disappointing if we started with Trippier. We NEED to go in strong. Aurier is our best right back. He needs to start. It's harsh on Sissoko too but Dembele/Dier is our best available line up. I do wonder if Sissoko may get a go instead of Dele though.

My heart says a 2-1 win but my head says 1-1, which wouldn't be the best result at all.

A win would be so good considering we have APOEL next and a potential 6 points from the opening 2 games puts us in a GREAT position (especially if Madrid go on to win their opening 2)

Although I agree with you that aurier should start, I can see poch starting trips just because he knows him better. I really really really want aurier to start but poch loves to "bed" people in a lot.

I think aurier is so important, if he comes in and hits the ground running it could make our season. We need someone with pace that hugs the touch line, can beat a player and also hit a good cross. From what little I've seen aurier does all of those things, he seems to have the crossing ability of trips, with the pace of walker (slightly slower) but then is better at defending then both of them.

Although I'm disappointed Dele is suspended, it's a bonus he'll be fully fit for Swansea.

Swansea looked poor against Newcastle today. That'll be our first league win at Wembley.

Lloris
Eriksen
Son - Kane

I'd put money on Llorente playing in place of Son due to his experience.

Back
Top Bottom