Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll see some outgoings soon. Sancho is supposed to sign today, if we also bring in Barkley and Balde, I'd imagine N'koudou and Sissoko would go
If we sign Balde and Barkley our depth in midfield positions would be more than adequate.

DM - Dier, Wanyama. Occasionally Dembele
CM- Dembele, Winks. Occasionally Eriksen, Dele and even Barkley
RM - Lamela, Balde, Son, Eriksen
LM - Son, Balde, Eriksen, Barkley
AM - Eriksen, Barkley, Dele, Lamela

Am I the only person left who's still a massive, massive Danny Rose fan (and happy I was proved wrong post Benfica away when he had a dog's cunt of a game and couldn't even be arsed to give us a clap at the end)?

Who thinks he was partly right in what he said (albeit wrong in who he said it to and when)?

Who thinks the post-interview revisionism is a load of old cunt?

Who can't wait to see him back in the first XI

Tell me it aint so!

:roseunsure::roseunsure::roseunsure:

I'm still pro Danny Rose, he's the best left back in the league and does deserve a higher wage, along with the majority of our squad. Also saying he wants to win trophies, all players do so he's no different.

The thing that annoyed me most was saying not signing players you have to google... I'd love to know how many people knew who Eric Dier, Sadio Mane or Mbappe was before they arrived on the scene.. heck Modric and VdV would have had to google Rose!

If he'd gone directly to Poch then I'd have appreciated that, but to the Sun of all papers.. that was low.

I don't think he meant it in a positive way

I think he was maybe meant 'Molluscs'.....eg snails, it's the only thing that vaguely fits the PACE PACE PACE obsession

You see/hear the expression "like trying to run through molasses" when people describe the sensation in a dream where you're running but don't seem to get anywhere, I've also seen "watching X run is like watching someone run through molasses".

I suppose the Twatter no-mark was trying to co-opt its use as an adjective, hampered as he was by the 140 character thing. And failing.

To sum up: cunt

Not sure there will be much fanfare - I think just a tweet later this week saying he's avaialble for Burnley

image.jpg

The adverts were pissing me off so just paid Admin Admin some beer money

Have never understood the pricing though???

• [*]£5 donation
    Help keep the FC podcast & website running. Adds you to the 'Supporter' usergroup for 2 months and removes any adverts.
    [*]£10 donation
    Help keep the FC podcast & website running. Adds you to the 'Supporter' usergroup for 3 months and removes any adverts.
    [*]£15 donation
    Help keep the FC podcast & website running. Adds you to the 'Supporter' usergroup for 4 months and removes any adverts.
£5 / 2 = £2.50 pcm
£10 / 3 = £3.33 pcm
£15 / 4 = £3.75 pcm

If you all are a tad honest, Gibbs has a point.
Most people here have been adamant we lack pace and width

His problem isn't exclusively what he says, but the method.

He puts it across like everyone else is simply following his brainwaves, rather than that he's just regurgitating a common opinion

He says Dele Alli is slow....

and we've had plenty of quick players recently like N'Jie and Nkoudou - it just turns out that pace normally means less control and natural ability
Dele is not what I'd call fast either though.....he's nippy.
Not a slouch but by no means gives us pace in attack....he never runs with the ball nd neither does Eriksen.

Which is why I got so pissed off v Chelsea.
If Kane and Dembele can do it, those two should be causing havoc. It's too pedestrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom