Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you can make money appear out of thin air then we can do fuck all at the moment. You and the media hate math.

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

C8twLO1WAAASWKj.jpg

We can't pay wages that equal the entirety of our revenue. Could we pay more? Ya, a bit, maybe 5-10% and have it still be sustainable. But we cannot have the wage bills of the other 5 clubs until the stadium revenue and sponsorships kick in next year. Then, we can probably pay 30-40% more - we might even be withing shouting distance of Woolwich at that point.

Spurs have been paying what they can afford up to this point. Period. Anyone else arguing otherwise is a fucking moron or willfully ignorant.

And I realize fourteen other people pretty much said the same thing, but I thought the pretty graphs would help.

White Hart Lane averaged a good 34,000 approx. (vs the chavs: 34,491 / 36,284 capacity)
Wembley Stadium is very plausibly going to average 65,000 approx. (vs the chavs: 73,587 / 90,000 capacity)

So I'll ask the obvious question here;

Why am I "a fucking moron or wilfully ignorant" for thinking that the club can increase their wage structure?

Why am I "a fucking moron or wilfully ignorant" for thinking that the club can increase their wage structure?

How much of that increase gate receipt do Tottenham get?

How much of that increased gate receipt do Wembley/FA/Council get?

We've rented out Wembley. This means we're costing the police money. This means we're costing the council money. This means we're costing the FA money. This means we're using money for maintenance, and god forbid, even flags.

Who do you think pays for all this shit? The FA? No, we do.

Wembley isn't a "Here, double your revenue for free" card. It baffles me that this slipped your mind.

How much of that increase gate receipt do Tottenham get?

How much of that increased gate receipt do Wembley/FA/Council get?

We've rented out Wembley. This means we're costing the police money. This means we're costing the council money. This means we're costing the FA money. This means we're using money for maintenance, and god forbid, even flags.

Who do you think pays for all this shit? The FA? No, we do.

Wembley isn't a "Here, double your revenue for free" card. It baffles me that this slipped your mind.

So, what you're saying is that we haven't increased our revenue?

So, what you're saying is that we haven't increased our revenue?

There is no guarantee we have, no, or if we have perhaps very little.

The FA said that, "allowing Tottenham to play at Wembley allows the governing body to reinvest the money it earns from additional matchdays into the grassroots of the game."

So we know that the FA get a % of match day revenue.

Another article states that, "Tottenham will pay £15mil a year to use Wembley".

Our match day revenue in 2016-17 was £41m. If this is true we will profit from Wembley, but not by a great deal.

35k - Match revenue of £41m
70k - Match revenue of £82m
Minus Cost - Match revenue of £67mil

This is ridiculously simplistic and is likely far more complex, but even in this example we only make an extra £25 mil a year. And this is basically best case scenario.

We will likely never know the full Wembley details.

Wembley had us over a barrel in some respects - no where else to move other than Mk Dons, which is only a 30k stadium.

In other ways Levy had the upper hand - The FA are in £300m+ debt and need money.

The point is, saying we can pay more because of Wembley isn't necessarily true. And even if it is, the stadium cost and debt comes first.

You're such a twat - it's the first British club to win a European trophy.

#knowyourhistory
I said we were the first English club to win a European Trophy.
We were. I was praising our status in the context of being an English club. As we were the first English club to win the double etc.
Patronising cunt

Last edited:
He calls Dier, Eriksen, Kane, Dembele, etc "mollasses" in one tweet

I had to Google It and it suggests 'molasses' as a spelling....which is the sugar / syrup stuff you put in cocktails.

Any one else batshit crazy enough to know what he means????
Molasses is very sticky - glue of the team, spine, etc?

Last edited:
There is no guarantee we have, no, or if we have perhaps very little.

The FA said that, "allowing Tottenham to play at Wembley allows the governing body to reinvest the money it earns from additional matchdays into the grassroots of the game."

So we know that the FA get a % of match day revenue.

Another article states that, "Tottenham will pay £15mil a year to use Wembley".

Our match day revenue in 2016-17 was £41m. If this is true we will profit from Wembley, but not by a great deal.

35k - Match revenue of £41m
70k - Match revenue of £82m
Minus Cost - Match revenue of £67mil

This is ridiculously simplistic and is likely far more complex, but even in this example we only make an extra £25 mil a year. And this is basically best case scenario.

We will likely never know the full Wembley details.

Wembley had us over a barrel in some respects - no where else to move other than Mk Dons, which is only a 30k stadium.

In other ways Levy had the upper hand - The FA are in £300m+ debt and need money.

The point is, saying we can pay more because of Wembley isn't necessarily true. And even if it is, the stadium cost and debt comes first.
Also so read this ridiculous idea yesterday, that we should be front-loading our profits by selling tickets for coming seasons now. It makes no sense whatsoever, have some patience and wait for the new stadium to be built. Our revenues are growing every year and soon we'll be able to compete with the likes of Woolwich for wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom