Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

signal iduna park goes from 65 to 81k, what is different in our case? (not being snarky, just curious)
Firstly, if we do install a standing area it will only be the bottom section of the South stand, so a limited area of around 6,000 seats converted to standing.

Secondly the ratio of seats to standing will likely be low. As we're relying on a legislative change here they will almost certainly keep it as close to 1:1 as they can (as it is at Celtic Park); remember this is all about safety in an extremely emotive subject and any approval for standing areas will come with maximum safety features required.

So, even if we're looking at a 1.5:1 ratio for safe standing areas, we'd only increase capacity by at most 3,000, making the total somewhere around the 65k mark. But it may be that safe standing, like in Celtic's case, doesn't increase capacity at all.

Seriously cringe when people write other club's names as an insult. Lolerpool, chelshit, Wet Spam, Man Shitty, Manure etc all make me cringe. Only one I am okay with (obviously) is Woolwich, because thats their actual name after all.
Does ArseAnal count?? I only use it as I simply can't BEAR writing their actual name... which gets changed to Woolwich anyway!

I don't think we should call Pochettino "Poch". I think its disrespectful.

:pocheyes:
How about Sir Poch?
:pochbye:

This week I have learnt that Bill Madrid Bill Madrid hates nicknames.

I suspect he was born 'Bill', and isn't a 'William'

:levyeyes:
No, I was born William.

I just don't like Poch and prefer going the extra yard and typing/saying Pochettino. It's not alI nicknames by any stretch. I like Bill Nic and Ossie for example, not keen on Hodd or Burky.

As for things like Lolerpool and Man Poo, I don't like them because I'm not 12

Back
Top Bottom