Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Games/matches and field/pitch wouldn't jar with me. I would happily use all 4 words. I wouldn't say two are American and the other two British, but roster/squad is definitely attributable to one country or the other. Anyway, I know what you meant and that's the main thing - just don't do it again.

:dierpochhug:

Interesting. "Squad" or "roster" wouldn't really matter here. Most anybody would know what you were taking about. "Pitch", "kit", "boots", etc. either they wouldn't have a clue or they would think you were referring to something else.

I get weird looks sometimes when I'm reading "thefightingcock" on my iPad on mass transit. Would that happen in England? I actually have no idea.

Interesting. "Squad" or "roster" wouldn't really matter here. Most anybody would know what you were taking about. "Pitch", "kit", "boots", etc. either they wouldn't have a clue or they would think you were referring to something else.

I get weird looks sometimes when I'm reading "thefightingcock" on my iPad on mass transit. Would that happen in England? I actually have no idea.
Depends on how weird you look I suppose.

I *think* he means public transport?

No. It's bullshit.

Let them have "Roster" and then next it'll be "Prem-Ear league Sokka", a "zero-zero shut out", a "soccer field" and colourful "cleats"

:dembelefingers:

Already managed to cunningly break the game into qtrs whilst we were over there....

"Water breaks", is it? ...Yeah, like fuck it was! :lamelaaghh:

Nope, in the spirit of US popular custom I actually suggest we create a list of words that should come with Trigger Warnings

:angryscouser:
Agreed. If the A word can be filtered to its correct terminology of Woolwich, then certain words such as soccer & roster could be similarly filtered & translated into their correct form for the more discerning fan.
Admin Admin ?
:townhmm:

I smell a (not so) civil war! :dembelelol:

Hastily pick sides now or forever be in the crossfire, fuckers!

What a fabulous idea.... Sling me some cricket jargon I'll report back in a few hours! :dembelelol:

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Piece of piss...

Well, that's the simple version anyway.

Ironic that now he's being linked with a move away, he starts finding some form!
#shopwindow
#playingforamove

I say let him take out all his frustrations on Newcastle at the weekend, then call it a good job done, and send him *on his way...

* on LOAN of course... JUST in case he turns out to byvtge real deal!!

Back
Top Bottom