Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why his performance against juve has suddenly convinced people he's not shit. Besides the move where he hit the post, i still saw a lot of miss controlling, running down blind allies and general lack of any attacking invention. There was one move in the first half where we had a great counter attack on and his first touch completely killed it when in the final third.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to succeed and I'm not the kind to take to social media to slate him or give him shit from the stands. But 70 mins of slightly above average performance doesn't fill me with much hope.

Not sure why his performance against juve has suddenly convinced people he's not shit. Besides the move where he hit the post, i still saw a lot of miss controlling, running down blind allies and general lack of any attacking invention. There was one move in the first half where we had a great counter attack on and his first touch completely killed it when in the final third.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to succeed and I'm not the kind to take to social media to slate him or give him shit from the stands. But 70 mins of slightly above average performance doesn't fill me with much hope.

He's a mediocre PL-player with some upside when he's motivated and on his game. I think we should keep him, but not because of one friendly - but because we simply can't sell anyone unless we buy someone first, and Sissoko is accustomed to Poch, the U.K. and the PL. His potential replacement (most likely) isn't. So, basically: keep him because we don't got anyone else. Ringing endorsement that!

He's a mediocre PL-player with some upside when he's motivated and on his game. I think we should keep him, but not because of one friendly - but because we simply can't sell anyone unless we buy someone first, and Sissoko is accustomed to Poch, the U.K. and the PL. His potential replacement (most likely) isn't. So, basically: keep him because we don't got anyone else. Ringing endorsement that!

Keep him. He's had a whole year of Poch like you said. I'm sure he will be better this season (not hard) and that'll only enhance any value when the time comes to sell, his stock is low now.

Unless some team, Turkish or otherwise comes in with 25m or more. Take that, obviously.

Lots of people argued he wasn't shit last year.

Good performances are better than crap ones. He was 10 times better that Dele v Juve, and if he had played like shit, people would be quick to jump on it.

I'm really pleased that haredline Sissoko "haters" have softened their tone and sound appreciative of his efforts.

We need more of that.

Lots of people argued he wasn't shit last year.

Good performances are better than crap ones. He was 10 times better that Dele v Juve, and if he had played like shit, people would be quick to jump on it.

I'm really pleased that haredline Sissoko "haters" have softened their tone and sound appreciative of his efforts.

We need more of that.

Agreed with everything bar the dele comment. Thought he did very well myself. Not just with that assist either

It's kind of impossible to compare what Dele does and what Sissoko does. But this whole situation reminds me of Son almost leaving at the start of last season and then being utilised more by Poch and coming good when it mattered most. I'd only want him to leave if we can bring someone better in, but Barkley doesn't equal better to me. Just different and more unknown.

I don't see how we can move him on with the roster being so thin. We paid too much, but it's a done deal. If the goal is to minimize transfer spend he has to stay.

Field/pitch, squad/roster, uniform/kit... What does it matter? I'm American so sometimes American terms slip in. Keep your panties on. Nobody is trying to take anything away from you.
Ok, fair enough. It's just that if I was on an American baseball forum I would make an attempt to use the correct terminology.

Ok, fair enough. It's just that if I was on an American baseball forum I would make an attempt to use the correct terminology.

The terms all pertain to the same sport. Where to use one and not another is based simply on the "location" of the forum. Using British terms on American forums usually elicits some laughs.

We grew up with one set of terms, but watch matches that are announced using a different set of terms (there's another one, games/matches). These things are bound to get mixed up on occasion. It happens.

Unfortunately, I have the added difficulty of my forum post editor being on holiday/vacation

The terms all pertain to the same sport. Where to use one and not another is based simply on the "location" of the forum. Using British terms on American forums usually elicits some laughs.

We grew up with one set of terms, but watch matches that are announced using a different set of terms (there's another one, games/matches). These things are bound to get mixed up on occasion. It happens.

Unfortunately, I have the added difficulty of my forum post editor being on holiday.

Games/matches and field/pitch wouldn't jar with me. I would happily use all 4 words. I wouldn't say two are American and the other two British, but roster/squad is definitely attributable to one country or the other. Anyway, I know what you meant and that's the main thing - just don't do it again.

:dierpochhug:

Why do you have to Americanise everything? It's a fucking squad.

Roster

Coach

Mom

SOCCER!!!!!

giphy.gif

:dembelelol:

:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom