Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am really uncomfortable with our club's (but I assume Levy's) obsession with America.
There, i've said it!

Sorry all you Yankee Yids out there!!

I don't actually want us to sign any more squad players. Superstars or youth. No middle ground. Fuck spending £30 mil to then still have to develop a player and then for them to still only be a back-up. Miss out on 3 of them and buy someone ready made for £90 mil, or just keep the talent we have already as priority.

Send all the foreigners home.
lkrwtf.gif

I think this one might not be so unpopular because I think it might be held by the old 'silent majority'. It's also not just about Spurs but.... I think Premier League refs are good. They do a really difficult job - yes, it is, it really is - very well, getting most things right most of the time. Having said that I we don't get many of the silent majority on here so I'll keep my helmet on.

I think this one might not be so unpopular because I think it might be held by the old 'silent majority'. It's also not just about Spurs but.... I think Premier League refs are good. They do a really difficult job - yes, it is, it really is - very well, getting most things right most of the time. Having said that I we don't get many of the silent majority on here so I'll keep my helmet on.
Spot on.

I am really uncomfortable with our club's (but I assume Levy's) obsession with America.
There, i've said it!

Sorry all you Yankee Yids out there!!

What's your problem?! I've been living out here for a while now and have been humbled by just how passionate these 'johnny come lately' US Spurs fans are. They may not remember Ginola but then again I don't remember Clive Allen. Embrace it!

What's your problem?! I've been living out here for a while now and have been humbled by just how passionate these 'johnny come lately' US Spurs fans are. They may not remember Ginola but then again I don't remember Clive Allen. Embrace it!
Nuh-uh... you get me wrong... I've nothing whatsoever against U.S fans embracing and supporting Tottenham Hotspur... after all, what they are 'embracing' is the English football vibe, (and, dare I say it; Premier League competitiveness) with all it's quirks and 'Britishness'... I'm more concerned about Levy/Spurs attempting to turn Spurs into some kind of U.S/Franchise Brand...which, if I'm not mistake, U.S Sports fans already have plenty of... so where's the appeal in going for what they already have?
They want something else that U.S Sport can't necessarily offer... and much of the time, it's to do with seeing the underdog win... a very un-American trait if i'm not mistaken!
Why else do you think Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City etc have such global appeal in the Countries they do...? 'cos many people in The Far East, Asia and 'Murrica just love a winner, no matter how, where or why that success is achieved/bought!

England is different. (which is why you'll see so much 'hate' aimed at the so-called Big Clubs!) We like success, sure... and if it isn't our club for a certain amount of time, then we tend to begrudge anyone else having it... (we have quite a jealous nature) and for certain teams. after an 'agreed' short time of accepting them winning, it either becomes boring, or annoying!

Of the handful of American/Aussie/Foreign Soccer/Football fans that I know, most positively love the atmosphere at English games because it doesn't remind them of the 'organised fun' of some American sports... it's the randomness that they buy into... not the predetermined choreography of being told what and when to cheer!

Someone alluded on here to the pre-match 'Star Wars' walk out music... that is quite typical of where I think (fear) Tottenham see themselves... it's all a bit organised, and all a bit 'piece to camera' and 'everything is a Film trailer' so common these days.

MacNamara's Band or Chas'n'Dave would confuse/scare the hell out of most modern 'foreign' day-tripper fans... and yet those who come and embrace it, fucking love it... that was all.

Last edited:
Nuh-uh... you get me wrong... I've nothing whatsoever against U.S fans embracing and supporting Tottenham Hotspur... after all, what they are 'embracing' is the English football vibe, (and, dare I say it; Premier League competitiveness) with all it's quirks and 'Britishness'... I'm more concerned about Levy/Spurs attempting to turn Spurs into some kind of U.S/Franchise Brand...which, if I'm not mistake, U.S Sports fans already have plenty of... so where's the appeal in going for what they already have?
They want something else that U.S Sport can't necessarily offer... and much of the time, it's to do with seeing the underdog win... a very un-American trait if i'm not mistaken!
Why else do you think Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City etc have such global appeal in the Countries they do...? 'cos many people in The Far East, Asia and 'Murrica just love a winner, no matter how, where or why that success is achieved/bought!

England is different. (which is why you'll see so much 'hate' aimed at the so-called Big Clubs!) We like success, sure... and if it isn't our club for a certain amount of time, then we tend to begrudge anyone else having it... (we have quite a jealous nature) and for certain teams. after an 'agreed' short time of accepting them winning, it either becomes boring, or annoying!

Of the handful of American/Aussie/Foreign Soccer/Football fans that I know, most positively love the atmosphere at English games because it doesn't remind them of the 'organised fun' of some American sports... it's the randomness that they buy into... not the predetermined choreography of being told what and when to cheer!

Someone alluded on here to the pre-match 'Star Wars' walk out music... that is quite typical of where I think (fear) Tottenham see themselves... it's all a bit organised, and all a bit 'piece to camera' and 'everything is a Film trailer' so common these days.

MacNamara's Band or Chas'n'Dave would confuse/scare the hell out of most modern 'foreign' day-tripper fans... and yet those who come and embrace it, fucking love it... that was all.
Fuckin hell. A new rendition of McNamara's band please

Back
Top Bottom