Spurs Vs PSG

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely stuff. A work out against one of the European heavyweights & apart from a dodgy opening few minutes & a couple of sloppy defensive mistakes, we pretty much outplayed them even before that clownshoe got sent off.
Who needs new signings eh?

:levyeyes:

(Still think we need a RB with experience to challenge Trippier. Not sure KWP is quite ready for defensive duties that the PL demands.)

Good game for the first competitive match of the new season. Not even a behind close doors v Burton Albion or something at Hotspur way.

Did what they are intended to do though, sharpened us up a little, got some minutes under the belts and gave Pochettino food for thought
Some decent stuff but a bit of a way to go yet.

Our first pre season game, nice to get off to a win.

KWP & Onomah both looked good, TOB looked solid too but CCV doesn't look ready to play in a back 4

We played 4231, lop sided 343, 433, 4312 which was nice to see an array of formations, nice to see how fluid we are

Trippier and Davies both looked very good, I thought Trippier was supposed to crumble defensively like everyone makes out? He done well

Their keeper Trapp was guff

GK destroying Alves was funny to watch

It don't mean anything as it's pre season but it's nice to win and against psg too after our shaky start

Also nice to see Winks back

first game, how nice was that to sit and watch Spurs again. hope those who attended enjoyed their day out.

carter-vickers, onomah and walker-peters will have all taken something from that game. great to see them in action. n'koudou may well surprise us this season?

to think we can add son, lamela and rose to that team is incredible!

Best part: seeing Winks out there

Worst part: KWP & CCV defense in the first half. Worrying.

I wouldn't say it's very worrying. You are talking about 2 young players (21 years old?) who have never really played at this level before, in the first preseason game of the year, against a fairly imposing PSG squad with one of the highest wages in football.

I would absolutely expect mistakes from all our players let alone our young ones in this situation. And I think we saw mistakes from much of the team including our young players. But considering the opponent and the inexperience, I thought NKoudou, KWP, Onomah and CCV all looked like they could make valuable depth players for us.

KWP for all the mistakes he made, held his own at times, against the likes of Jese, DiMaria, Pastore, Cavani...... well I forget if he was in against all 4 of them, but regardless, he looks like he could make a fine young backup to Trippier. KWP doesn't have to replace Walker of last year. Trippier has to replace Walker. KWP has to replace Trippier. Not to mention, I remember Walker the elder making mental mistake after mental mistake only 4 or 5 years ago. Relative I would say KWP is ahead of the curve.

This wasn't MK Dons, it was PSG. These players have to start somewhere. Spurs still won 4-2. I would actually say that's impressive.

Back
Top Bottom