Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was considering going to this game... not anymore, absolutely criminal pricing scheme, still can't get over the fact the new shirt is Β£90 as well

Was considering going to this game... not anymore, absolutely criminal pricing scheme, still can't get over the fact the new shirt is Β£90 as well

Think it's -Β£60 unless you buy the elite one made from fairies hair but yup it's pretty much a con in my eyes. I'd guess they cost about Β£5 tomake with a mark up of only 1000% for us loyal fans.

Last edited:
In reality you've just explained the clothing manufacturing business for every garment made not just football kits.

Probably but the footballing market, is , more than any other a captive one. As a Spurs fan we don't say " I don't like that one or its price , I'll buy a Brenford one instead."

Mind you the club itself doesn't make a huge amount on each shirt, it's the manufacturers & importing taxes on shipping the stuff in.

Just checked , 1000% mark up is pretty accurate, not bad for a guess

Probably but the footballing market, is , more than any other a captive one. As a Spurs fan we don't say " I don't like that one or its price , I'll buy a Brenford one instead."

Mind you the club itself doesn't make a huge amount on each shirt, it's the manufacturers & importing taxes on shipping the stuff in.

Just checked , 1000% mark up is pretty accurate, not bad for a guess
Apart from kids I don't get the shirt replica business anyway, not having a pop at anyone that does buy them each to thier own and all that, but as an adult walking out my front door wearing a football top is not something I consider as a good look. I find that harder to get my head arround than forking out the change to buy one. How many times do adults wear them to a games? a handful at the start of the season and a handful at the end, what 6 games in total assuming they go home and away, the rest of the time it's covered up by a coat.

& the more I look into it , Man U sell about 1.5 million shirts a year ( actual ones) the club makes about Β£3 per shirt. That's Β£4.5m.

That's nothing , we probably sell around 600,000 per year making our earnings from shirt sales about Β£1.8m. But don't buy a fake one though!!! Your doing Nike I mean Spurs out of pocket .

...as an adult walking out my front door wearing a football top is not something I consider as a good look...
How many times do adults wear them to a games? a handful at the start of the season and a handful at the end...
The replica shirt over a jersey/sweatshirt/hoodie combo in winter looks particularly stylish I find

I haven't bought a shirt for years so I just had to re-read that - Β£90!!! Are we sure it's made by Nike and not Gucci?

Understand many are (rightly) pissed off at the prices of tickets for this and the prices of shirts but the rounding up and out right made up prices being mentioned here are hysteria.

I used to quite like going to friendlys, not these types mind, Norwich away was always pleasant.

The O,s away was good as it was local, we all thought we were watching a world beater in Dos Santos hahahaha,

I used to quite like going to friendlys, not these types mind, Norwich away was always pleasant.

The O,s away was good as it was local, we all thought we were watching a world beater in Dos Santos hahahaha,

How good was Modric in that match!?

I remember Bent playing and scoring goals for fun that pre season.

Jesus Christ, times have changed since the midweek summer jaunts to Swindon/Stevenage/Colchester...

Won't be going to this, needless to say.

Hmm... I'm sure i paid Β£40 quid to sit in the top tier at Wembley to see us play the Barca C team in the "Wembley Cup" about ten years ago (Edit: I did and that was a cheap seat: Wembley Cup - ticket details 12 May 2009 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com.) Livermore scored on his debut.

Im sure the pedigree of seeing us play at "New" Wembley and against such elite opposition made it seem attractive.

But this season its less of a glamorous prospect and not such a novelty due to the upturn in our fortunes and the fact that we have been there a few times in the last couple of years and will be all this season.

Plus we are playing CL regularly now so a tie against an elite European club is not as big a draw.

Fuck it, dont go if you think its too expensive. I wont be.

Hmm... I'm sure i paid Β£40 quid to sit in the top tier at Wembley to see us play the Barca C team in the "Wembley Cup" about ten years ago (Edit: I did and that was a cheap seat: Wembley Cup - ticket details 12 May 2009 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com.) Livermore scored on his debut.

Im sure the pedigree of seeing us play at "New" Wembley and against such elite opposition made it seem attractive.

But this season its less of a glamorous prospect and not such a novelty due to the upturn in our fortunes and the fact that we have been there a few times in the last couple of years and will be all this season.

Plus we are playing CL regularly now so a tie against an elite European club is not as big a draw.

Fuck it, dont go if you think its too expensive. I wont be.

And I seem to remember even at the time the attendances were pretty awful?

And they tried to justify the prices with the fact that if you bought a ticket to see us play Barcelona you could also watch Celtic vs Al Ahly

And I seem to remember even at the time the attendances were pretty awful?

And they tried to justify the prices with the fact that if you bought a ticket to see us play Barcelona you could also watch Celtic vs Al Ahly

Just checked, they got 57,932 so yep quite shit really.

Considering that was support from 4 teams (remember they kind of divided the stadium in quarter) - Barca had quite a few tourist fans as you imagine. Al Ahly no more than a few hundred, and Celtic not that impressive (considering they normally reckon to take a few billion to this sort of thing). Would reckon we were 30,000 at most.

THST have issued a statement saying the pricing strategy for this match has come from the events company hosting game. Nothing to do with the club.

Back
Top Bottom