Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They can get fucked.

I don't care how involved the club appear to, to let your own fans be charged nearly 50 quid for a friendly is a liberty.

Absolute joke.

The same club who have absolutely no right to be top 4 let alone top 6 financially but are building a brand new £800m stadium? Wind your neck in mate.

And I seem to remember even at the time the attendances were pretty awful?

And they tried to justify the prices with the fact that if you bought a ticket to see us play Barcelona you could also watch Celtic vs Al Ahly

Yeah, like anyone would have given a fuck about that even if had been a competative game!

All it meant is that a large portion of Celtic fans stayed behind and booed every touch we made for some fucking reason?!

Just checked, they got 57,932 so yep quite shit really.

Considering that was support from 4 teams (remember they kind of divided the stadium in quarter) - Barca had quite a few tourist fans as you imagine. Al Ahly no more than a few hundred, and Celtic not that impressive (considering they normally reckon to take a few billion to this sort of thing). Would reckon we were 30,000 at most.

I suppose, my point was that they where charging silly money for this pre-season nonsense well before this season. It's nothing new.

For alot of casual fans, or perhaps those not based in the uk or those that don't have the capacity to get to home or away games its an opportunity to see the team run out.

:sonhmm:

I suppose, my point was that they where charging silly money for this pre-season nonsense well before this season. It's nothing new.

For alot of casual fans, or perhaps those not based in the uk or those that don't have the capacity to get to home or away games its an opportunity to see the team run out.

Yep totally. Nothing new, and neither is the scandal of pricing announcements.

Also it seems to be £24 + bf going off the cheapest available which is not too bad.

Footnote is it's the World Athletics Championships that week and weekend in London so I fully expect a number of 'Sports fans' in London for the week might fancy it.

Yeah, like anyone would have given a fuck about that even if had been a competative game!

All it meant is that a large portion of Celtic fans stayed behind and booed every touch we made for some fucking reason?!

A lot of the more political Celtic fans like Barcelona because of the link to Catalan nationalism. There's also the fact that we've got our Jewish connection with Ajax, who's fans are more in line with Rangers.

Basically these twats only need the slightest excuse.

A lot of the more political Celtic fans like Barcelona because of the link to Catalan nationalism. There's also the fact that we've got our Jewish connection with Ajax, who's fans are more in line with Rangers.

Basically these twats only need the slightest excuse.
Never heard that about Ajax and Rangers?? Would have guessed with Feyenoord and Chelsea being close, Ajax would not get along with Rangers.

Celtic also hate/dislike us purely because we're an English team I think. Plus we love Gazza.

Never heard that about Ajax and Rangers?? Would have guessed with Feyenoord and Chelsea being close, Ajax would not get along with Rangers.

Celtic also hate/dislike us purely because we're an English team I think. Plus we love Gazza.

Plus Hutton was playing for us at the time (freshly out of Rangers)

As long as Rachel Riley is involved, I'll let you off for this
I've got a job for Rachel Riley
giphy.gif

I was going to go to this but the fact that no one is going (understandably) will mean the atmosphere will be dog shite. I would go for sure if it was at the Lane.

In many ways these friendlies show a lot of what is wrong with modern football. Especially the ones like playing Man City in the USA etc. I long for the days of Vitesse Arnham away...

I used to quite like going to friendlys, not these types mind, Norwich away was always pleasant.

The O,s away was good as it was local, we all thought we were watching a world beater in Dos Santos hahahaha,

Brentford away was a laugh as I recall

Interesting article about how our game against Juve is more of a marketing exercise rather than engaging our fans and giving them an opportunity to see our team against one of Europe's finest....

Nobody is going to turn up.
I know THFC are not pricing this, not organising it but our club are participating.
I say play all the youth team.
It's not on.
I won't be going.

Does anyone know what the £24 tickets are?

I mean tbh that doesn't sound too bad... but is that just the turkey seats right at the front - the ones where you can see literally fuck all from past the near penalty box

I remember going with all my mates down to St Albans and seeing a full first team (Judas, Ginola, Ferdinand etc). Think we just got the tickets on the day from memory, terracing obviously. Not that long ago really.

Back
Top Bottom