Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This a ghastly fixture.

tenor.gif

Disgusting prices - Not for me, which is a real shame as probably would have gone at reasonable pricing. I think a tenner would have a win-win for a big crowd and a healthy mob of fans/tourists buying expensive beers and hot dogs?

When a competitive fixture against Gent is £5, noone can justify paying that. Champions League games will also be cheaper.

I think we have to be a bit careful about criticizing the club though - we're seeing this as a 'home' fixture when really it's not. This is exhibition nonsense. We don't own Wembley and as mentioned the club didn't set these prices. Some may remember the Wembley Cup a few years back? We played Barcelona (a very weakened Barcelona) and Celtic in a three day tournament - I recall that being expensive, probably a similar set-up.

Also noticed it is on Premier Sport TV - if anyone actually has that??!

I hope it's a useful run-out for the team but I'm not going to watch it. You can't even buy tickets through our website. You have to register for another one. It's almost as if this is an experiment to see how unappealing they can make a football match... and still make a healthy profit from the attendance.

They can get fucked.

I don't care how involved the club appear to, to let your own fans be charged nearly 50 quid for a friendly is a liberty.

Absolute joke.

To be fair the other option is not to play a home friendly at all, and I expect Poch was keen to have one at Wembley. We don't have the right to just organise a game there ourselves and we can't tell a third party who've effectively hired out the ground and invited us to take part what they're allowed to charge. I just think they've made a mess of it and would make more money with cheaper prices, but we'll see.

Fuck that.
I was torn between this & going to Santa Pod for the weekend for their street car bonanza with live music (including Bugzy Malone & a drum and base tent) & pole dancers.
I ain't paying £40 upwards for a friendly so it's a weekend on the piss at santa pod watching supercars & Nubile young ladies.
The club really does miss a trick sometimes.
Yep bring the strippers out at pre season friendlies

Why do I have the feeling I paid about £30 for a Shalke friendly at WHL a fair while back?

I don't recall it being a bargain

Back
Top Bottom