Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the spending power of clubs that earn their own money. There is already to much money in football, so owners like Chelsea and City have IMO makes it even worse.
But by your logic Man United would win the title nearly every season. It's why you have Monopolys in places like Germany and Duopolies in Spain, Scotland Portugal and so on. It's why FFP is such a bad idea in principal. It protects the clubs with the biggest fan bases and disqualifies others from competing. Of course chavs just brought the title, just like City and Blackburn, and like you I wish abramovich would fuck right off. But, Like it or not, filthy rich benefactors enhance the competition. We just got unlucky in getting the one thats not interested in football

Last edited:
I lived in Brazil for a year 1999. I still have some friends there. One of then told me there were Tottenham scouts there watching a Gremio player named Everton. Fucking name that.

Linked to Cedric Soares. Really good player and would be happy to take 50 mil for Walker and put 20 towards him.

Contrary to what some have said I can't see us going into the season with just Trippier and KWP (if Walker goes). I think it's still too early to rely that much on KWP.

I lived in Brazil for a year 1999. I still have some friends there. One of then told me there were Tottenham scouts there watching a Gremio player named Everton. Fucking name that.

I think Everton is a first name over there. My forays into football games over the years have seen quite a few odd names, including the Brazilian defender "Argel Fucks"

dont sign anymore french players

Steve Hitchen is now our chief scout, having replaced Paul "I have Football Manager" Mitchell, so it's a different kettle of fish.

Hitchen was one of our France-based scouts in the past, and a highly regarded one, so I expect much different quality from him. For anecdotal purposes, he was supposedly heavily involved in signing Modric, Kaboul, Benny and a few others around the Comolli era. He scouted and recommended an unknown 19 year old lad playing for FC Groningen. He was quickly snapped up by Ajax, whilst Comolli went to Liverpool and took Hitchen with him. Hitchen kept close eyes on him, so much so that he gave Liverpool a huge head start when the lad bit someone on the shoulder and Ajax wanted rid. The lad was Luis Suarez.

It's always a gamble signing "unknown" players, but Hitchen's findings shouldn't be mistaken for the kind of shit Mitchell suggested.

Paul "I have Football Manager" Mitchell

X7rc1n6.png

But by your logic Man United would win the title nearly every season. It's why you have Monopolys in places like Germany and Duopolies in Spain, Scotland Portugal and so on. It's why FFP is such a bad idea in principal. It protects the clubs with the biggest fan bases and disqualifies others from competing. Of course chavs just brought the title, just like City and Blackburn, and like you I wish abramovich would fuck right off. But, Like it or not, filthy rich benefactors enhance the competition. We just got unlucky in getting the one thats not interested in football
I agree that the United dominance probably would have been a lot worse without Chelsea and City, but they also took away the chance for success for other clubs(including us).

I don't agree with your last sentence though. I very happy with Levy and Enic in the way they are building up the whole club in a sustainable way. I would have had a hard time supporting Spurs with Abramovich as our owner..

They say we can't bring in transfer-window deals under the radar, that Levy always waits to the last minute.

Well none of the so-called "In-The-Know" community got wind of this one!

Hearty congratulations to our Chairman again, I'd say

RedstoneConnect, a leading provider of technology and services for smart buildings and commercial spaces, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a contract to install an IT cabling infrastructure throughout Tottenham Hotspur's new 61,500 seat stadium.

Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium is expected to be the most technologically advanced of its kind, utilising the most innovative technology to ensure flexibility for future demands and development requirements of the space.

redstoneconnectlogo.jpg

Last edited:
They say we can't bring in transfer-window deals under the radar, that Levy always waits to the last minute.

Well none of the so-called "In-The-Know" community got wind of this one!

Hearty congratulations to our Chairman again, I'd say

RedstoneConnect, a leading provider of technology and services for smart buildings and commercial spaces, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a contract to install an IT cabling infrastructure throughout Tottenham Hotspur's new 61,500 seat stadium.

Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium is expected to be the most technologically advanced of its kind, utilising the most innovative technology to ensure flexibility for future demands and development requirements of the space.

redstoneconnectlogo.jpg
#NEVERRED
#LEVYOUT

Hate to admit it but that version cost me at least 3 girlfriends as a teenager, never dared play another version due to Avin kids with the current missus

I remember when 97/98 came out and it took about 2 hours to download the 'beta' demo version via dial up (was only about 30mb too!). Some fucker would pick the phone up at 98% and kill the download, which led me to discover GetRight

We should be all over Dani Ceballos

As I exclusively revealed a few days back on the U21 thread...

Spain-Portugal set to kick of in 5 mins or so.

There's a lad called Dani Ceballos (plays for Betis, no relation to the one that played for us) playing who the press are starting to talk about. Supposedly interesting Madrid and Atleti. Anyhow it's just been revealed that his supposed €15 million release clause is actually less than €8 million for some complex reason I don't understand. Could be a bargain tho...

:ossie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom