UEFA European U21 Championships 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spain-Portugal set to kick of in 5 mins or so.

There's a lad called Dani Ceballos (plays for Betis, no relation to the one that played for us) playing who the press are starting to talk about. Supposedly interesting Madrid and Atleti. Anyhow it's just been revealed that his supposed €15 million release clause is actually less than €8 million for some complex reason I don't understand. Could be a bargain tho...

This is the type of shit that must end why dealing with any England football age group other than Snr First Team. This is going to sound a bit weird but I was watching the coverage leading up to our last game and they showed the players turning up at the stadium. They walked around like they were Gods, all of them looking arrogant with overly gelled hair clutching a Louis Vouton wash bag whilst nodding to whatever they were playing on their iPod. When I saw it I thought they will lose, they very nearly did.

I get the reason for them to feel like this as they are already wealthy young men but when I saw the oppo turn up at the stadium they had a very different vibe, more ordinary, more their age.

May be this is just my re-action and when I see it but felt the same when I saw George Grooves entrance at Wembley, know he would loose. Or may be I just wanted him too because of it.

As you were.

I stopped judging a player on how they perform in Internationals since Giovani dos Santos.

But he's also performed very well for Galatasaray.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up after RB Leipzig considering their ethos is to sign players under 24 and sell them for profit.

But he's also performed very well for Galatasaray.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up after RB Leipzig considering their ethos is to sign players under 24 and sell them for profit.
We have been watching him for many years, links go back to at least 5 years ago. Not a player that has slipped through, a player who hasn't convinced for whatever reason.

We have been watching him for many years, links go back to at least 5 years ago. Not a player that has slipped through, a player who hasn't convinced for whatever reason.
~
Maybe we weren't willing to spend the fee commanded. Leipzig signed him for £12,000,000. Our links were always round about £6,000,000.

Wouldn't be the first time. Didn't we scout Ousmane Dembele for a while only to think he wasn't worth it?

~
Maybe we weren't willing to spend the fee commanded. Leipzig signed him for £12,000,000. Our links were always round about £6,000,000.

Wouldn't be the first time. Didn't we scout Ousmane Dembele for a while only to think he wasn't worth it?
No-one knows the reasons, be that money, talent, attitude??? May be the player doesn't like us or we were actually watching his mate all along. May be it's just timing, we don't stockpile, we look to build a squad, by signing him it might have blocked the path to someone (or a few) in our academy that we have earmarked to progress. Too many questions, too many permutations.

Last edited:
X>Y>Z
X being players linked/monitored
Y the amount of room you have in your squad
Z the actual amount of players brought in

Simple as that, we can't have every player we're being linked with or any young talent, it's just not how it works, otherwise our team would just be 30 young pacey midfielders.

And I assume the decisions are made on parameters across the board and not just because someone shined in a shite youth tournament

Last edited:
It seems to have finally dawned on someone at the FA that we need to build teams not get 11 blokes capable of competing in the premier league and chucking them together expecting it to click.

I think Germany u21 are better than England u21 but we might just find a way to win even if they don't this is progress.

Ze Germans equalise , bollocks

Back
Top Bottom