Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100% with this.

Well i certainly don't. How about we show some ambition for once considering we are now in the CL for the 2nd season running. We made that mistake last season and struggled to deal with both CL and league campaign so we need to make sure we have quality all over. We can't keep making these mistakes in the window because we will never acheive anything as a club.

Well i certainly don't. How about we show some ambition for once considering we are now in the CL for the 2nd season running. We made that mistake last season and struggled to deal with both CL and league campaign so we need to make sure we have quality all over. We can't keep making these mistakes in the window because we will never acheive anything as a club.
What utter bollocks you speak. If the last two years were failures then lets hope for many for failures to come.

What utter bollocks you speak. If the last two years were failures then lets hope for many for failures to come.

Agree. There's no correlation between the "buy loads of players" approach, and success. The opposite is closer to being evidential.

I'm more willing to trust the last 4 managers we've had that Rose isn't a winger.

That lineup/formation is like something Mourinho would use if he was scared of the opposition, as any high press would make an instant weakness
Poch uses Rose more like a winger than anyone else has

I'm not gonna sit here and scream the formations merits or detriments. I've never seen it used with those players so don't know, just sounds interesting that's all

There is more of a chance of us resigning Bale than Poch playing all four wing backs in the same team.

May look good on paper, but i cant see the gaffer going for it. Would leave us terribly exposed if we got caught in possession.
If we get caught in possession we have two of the best full backs in the PL who can drop back and help their understudies

I agree Poch won't use it

Funny to see the same cycle of emotions every transfer window.

We take great pride finding "hidden gems" but whenever we're linked with a player no ones heard of, everyone flips out.

Funny to see the same cycle of emotions every transfer window.

We take great pride finding "hidden gems" but whenever we're linked with a player no ones heard of, everyone flips out.

I think it's a matter of perception. When we signed Dier and Dele they came across as clearly targeted signings, with the likes of Nije and Nkouduo it looked more like we couldn't get Osumne Dembele or a top young target so let's get someone cheaper and hope it works.

Maybe I am wrong but as soon as the rumours came that Lemar was going to Woolwich instead of us suddenly we are linked with a kid no one knows in his position.

I think it's a matter of perception. When we signed Dier and Dele they came across as clearly targeted signings, with the likes of Nije and Nkouduo it looked more like we couldn't get Osumne Dembele or a top young target so let's get someone cheaper and hope it works.

Maybe I am wrong but as soon as the rumours came that Lemar was going to Woolwich instead of us suddenly we are linked with a kid no one knows in his position.
Wouldn't pay any attention to "links". They are put out there by agents representing
their player, trying to get the best price and best deal. So many of our signings have had absolutely no "links" prior to them singing (or at least the links were no more than a handful of days before they arrived). This is a senario on what is entirely possible: Lemar, may well have been negotiating with Woolwich for months. Agent and player are happy with going to Woolwich but don't let on, agent leaks that Spurs are interested, to speed up or get more out of the deal from Woolwich, then then leak out another gem Tottenham are "winning the race", this adds the pressure for Woolwich. Deal is then done. Tottenham may never have even spoken to him. Another scenario is the club that is buying seals a deal way in advance, then leaks rival club was interested but because they are so brilliant they were able to convince him that they are best. Tottenham have done exactly this in the past and made a big deal of it and our fans lapped it up, whilst Woolwich raged.

Not saying this is actually the case but to blindly believe what is reported in the press as an order of events is bonkers and only plays out to a narrative. No one knows.

When did I say it was a failure ? So stop throwing your toys out the pram. I said we don't achieve anything and we haven't for donkeys years. Tell me what we have achieved ? I'm talking the important thing like winning trophies. All our players want to win trophies and we have even had Danny Rose come out and say the club need to add quality. If they can see and the vast majority of sane supporters then why can't you? Even the biggest clubs in the world improve year on year out. Absolute bolloks that you feel standing still and not adding quality is a good thing. We MUST add quality this window otherwise we will struggle next season.

Summer 2015:
"Boys, why are you doing this to yourselves? I have seen enough of Levys games to know these 2 ( berahino and son) won't happen. We will be scrambling around trying to agree a cheap fee only to go to the last day with a bid for borini. You know it, I know it, we all know it"

"Said the same thing mate. Levy is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes again and it will all end in disappointment as always"

"Joker. You are fucking blinded mate. What actually makes you think Son will sign? As far as I see we are "talks" and no deal has been struck meaning levy is currently low balling the Leverkusen director as we speak. But you keep the faith."

"Not at all. I have no faith in our tight fisted cunt of a chairman so I'm that confident he won't sign. If we sign him I'm happy to admit it. No excuse for going into Everton with 1 striker"

"Still don't like the Leverkusen director uttering those words "nothing is agreed yet" ... I just don't trust our chairman to get these sort of deals over the line quickly :( yes the medical part is all good but this is levy we are talking about here"

"Sammy, this is levy we are talking about. He probably takes 48 hours dithering which toilet to have a shit in"

"Hopefully the levy lovers will wake up and smell the coffee now. levy has pulled the wool over your eyes for years now... " levyed" ... Oh fuck off! Looks like levy has been well and truely levyed. We have 1 striker and berahino is our number 1 target and he goes in with installment payments. This chairman is the biggest joke in the country and don't be surprised if this Son deal falls through and Leverkusen add to the ever increasing clubs that are pissed off with levy and his tight ass tactics in the market. 4 days to go until the window closes and we still have 1 striker. Levy what a genius,.... Cunt!!!!!"

"You actually believe we will get this Son? God your naive even after all this"

"And I don't particularly want fans like you either that buries their head in the sand. Supporters like you are the reason why this club never achieve anything. You might be happy with going into our 4th game with just 1 striker but I'm not and I spend enough money on this club to justify my anger at the situation. If you don't like it then you can fuck off yourself"

"What I find funny is all these people on here that seem to find every excuse for levy under the sun will be the 1st on here come Tuesday night when once again levy fucks up another transfer window leaving us short. Bids for this player, bids for that player.... Son having a medical. We have been down this route year after year with promises of Moutinho, schneiderlin, mussachio etc etc and time again levy disappoints and we end up with some cheap alternative. People still don't learn and people still have their heads buried in the sand."

"I know not everyone's favourite person but has anyone mentioned JJ etset post on spurs community? Apparently he's said berahino is a done deal. Posted a message like " today is a good day # berahino" .... I don't like this prick JJ but he don't usually post stuff like this"

"How would we feel about a desperate last minute deal for Carlton Cole? ;)"

"Well I certainly won't be paying for any spurs games at all this season if we don't sign a striker. It won't make a blind bit of difference to levy or the club but it will make me feel a little better. It's an absolute farce we are hours away from having just 1 striker in our whole squad. Wtf are we supposed to do if Harry gets injured? He already looks like he's shattered. A complete shambles from top to bottom. It's ok we have 4 wingers that sort of can play upfront. Shambles!!!!"

"I actually want spurs fans to make a stand. We are going no where anyway as a club and this season is already over in terms of top 4. The way to make a stand and to stick fingers up at the board and the pathetic mess they have delivered this window is to not waste your money on games. Once the home games have half empty seats the board will get the message. Fucking farce!!!!"

"I'm not sure how any Spurs fan can be happy with this situation right now? No one can sit there and bull*** me by saying spurs have got enough options upfront to compliment Kane because Spurs wouldn't be putting in these last minute bids for Berahino if we weren't in desperate need for a striker. Which then leads me to believe that Levy all along knew West brom wouldn't accept. He knew all along these last minute bids were a ploy to show the media and the spurs supporters that he "tried" ...it's like Moutinho, it's like Musachio, it's like Schneiderlin... no doubt in my mind Daniel Levy is pulling the wool over the spurs supporters eyes and has been for years.
Me and a few other supporters on here figured out this bald cunt years ago hence our negative stance on him in regards to our transfer policy. What Levy does in the background in regards to the stadium etc I applaud but that's where it stops!!! stay the fuck in the background Levy and do the internal stuff at spurs like you do but lay the fuck off the transfers you useless cunt!!!

We have been down this route year after year with the same mistakes being made year after year. If you wanted Berahino which clearly we did then why wait for the last 2 weeks of the window to make your move? Surely as a number 1 target you go in early so if any complications arise you have enough time to get the deal sorted instead of frantically trying bids with 2 hours to go Son and Njie are 2 exciting signings but they are not "strikers". If Harry Kane get's injured who the hell do we replace him with? Adebayor?

What an utter shambles from top to bottom!!! The fact that the Spurs website changed Hueng min Son's profile online from midfielder to striker speaks volumes despite them denying it. They knew damn well spurs were not going to sign another striker and so did the fans who know how our wanker of a chairman operates. The pathetic "levyd" noise we get from a certain section of our supporters have nothing to say now. Your bald hero has been properly "leavyd" by a guy who wasn't going to take his shit and I await to see what excuses you have when Harry Kane get's injured and we are left with no striker......not to mention another superb bit of news with Adebayor still lingering around the club like a bad smell to dare is to do???? fuck* off!!!!!"

When did I say it was a failure ? So stop throwing your toys out the pram. I said we don't achieve anything and we haven't for donkeys years. Tell me what we have achieved ? I'm talking the important thing like winning trophies. All our players want to win trophies and we have even had Danny Rose come out and say the club need to add quality. If they can see and the vast majority of sane supporters then why can't you? Even the biggest clubs in the world improve year on year out. Absolute bolloks that you feel standing still and not adding quality is a good thing. We MUST add quality this window otherwise we will struggle next season.
What more absolute bollocks: "Standing still" not improving, fuck me. Could be further from what is actually going on, can't think of a side that has improved more than us, but hey ho.

Summer 2015:
"Boys, why are you doing this to yourselves? I have seen enough of Levys games to know these 2 ( berahino and son) won't happen. We will be scrambling around trying to agree a cheap fee only to go to the last day with a bid for borini. You know it, I know it, we all know it"

"Said the same thing mate. Levy is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes again and it will all end in disappointment as always"

"Joker. You are fucking blinded mate. What actually makes you think Son will sign? As far as I see we are "talks" and no deal has been struck meaning levy is currently low balling the Leverkusen director as we speak. But you keep the faith."

"Not at all. I have no faith in our tight fisted cunt of a chairman so I'm that confident he won't sign. If we sign him I'm happy to admit it. No excuse for going into Everton with 1 striker"

"Still don't like the Leverkusen director uttering those words "nothing is agreed yet" ... I just don't trust our chairman to get these sort of deals over the line quickly :( yes the medical part is all good but this is levy we are talking about here"

"Sammy, this is levy we are talking about. He probably takes 48 hours dithering which toilet to have a shit in"

"Hopefully the levy lovers will wake up and smell the coffee now. levy has pulled the wool over your eyes for years now... " levyed" ... Oh fuck off! Looks like levy has been well and truely levyed. We have 1 striker and berahino is our number 1 target and he goes in with installment payments. This chairman is the biggest joke in the country and don't be surprised if this Son deal falls through and Leverkusen add to the ever increasing clubs that are pissed off with levy and his tight ass tactics in the market. 4 days to go until the window closes and we still have 1 striker. Levy what a genius,.... Cunt!!!!!"

"You actually believe we will get this Son? God your naive even after all this"

"And I don't particularly want fans like you either that buries their head in the sand. Supporters like you are the reason why this club never achieve anything. You might be happy with going into our 4th game with just 1 striker but I'm not and I spend enough money on this club to justify my anger at the situation. If you don't like it then you can fuck off yourself"

"What I find funny is all these people on here that seem to find every excuse for levy under the sun will be the 1st on here come Tuesday night when once again levy fucks up another transfer window leaving us short. Bids for this player, bids for that player.... Son having a medical. We have been down this route year after year with promises of Moutinho, schneiderlin, mussachio etc etc and time again levy disappoints and we end up with some cheap alternative. People still don't learn and people still have their heads buried in the sand."

"I know not everyone's favourite person but has anyone mentioned JJ etset post on spurs community? Apparently he's said berahino is a done deal. Posted a message like " today is a good day # berahino" .... I don't like this prick JJ but he don't usually post stuff like this"

"How would we feel about a desperate last minute deal for Carlton Cole? ;)"

"Well I certainly won't be paying for any spurs games at all this season if we don't sign a striker. It won't make a blind bit of difference to levy or the club but it will make me feel a little better. It's an absolute farce we are hours away from having just 1 striker in our whole squad. Wtf are we supposed to do if Harry gets injured? He already looks like he's shattered. A complete shambles from top to bottom. It's ok we have 4 wingers that sort of can play upfront. Shambles!!!!"

"I actually want spurs fans to make a stand. We are going no where anyway as a club and this season is already over in terms of top 4. The way to make a stand and to stick fingers up at the board and the pathetic mess they have delivered this window is to not waste your money on games. Once the home games have half empty seats the board will get the message. Fucking farce!!!!"

"I'm not sure how any Spurs fan can be happy with this situation right now? No one can sit there and bull*** me by saying spurs have got enough options upfront to compliment Kane because Spurs wouldn't be putting in these last minute bids for Berahino if we weren't in desperate need for a striker. Which then leads me to believe that Levy all along knew West brom wouldn't accept. He knew all along these last minute bids were a ploy to show the media and the spurs supporters that he "tried" ...it's like Moutinho, it's like Musachio, it's like Schneiderlin... no doubt in my mind Daniel Levy is pulling the wool over the spurs supporters eyes and has been for years.
Me and a few other supporters on here figured out this bald cunt years ago hence our negative stance on him in regards to our transfer policy. What Levy does in the background in regards to the stadium etc I applaud but that's where it stops!!! stay the fuck in the background Levy and do the internal stuff at spurs like you do but lay the fuck off the transfers you useless cunt!!!

We have been down this route year after year with the same mistakes being made year after year. If you wanted Berahino which clearly we did then why wait for the last 2 weeks of the window to make your move? Surely as a number 1 target you go in early so if any complications arise you have enough time to get the deal sorted instead of frantically trying bids with 2 hours to go Son and Njie are 2 exciting signings but they are not "strikers". If Harry Kane get's injured who the hell do we replace him with? Adebayor?

What an utter shambles from top to bottom!!! The fact that the Spurs website changed Hueng min Son's profile online from midfielder to striker speaks volumes despite them denying it. They knew damn well spurs were not going to sign another striker and so did the fans who know how our wanker of a chairman operates. The pathetic "levyd" noise we get from a certain section of our supporters have nothing to say now. Your bald hero has been properly "leavyd" by a guy who wasn't going to take his shit and I await to see what excuses you have when Harry Kane get's injured and we are left with no striker......not to mention another superb bit of news with Adebayor still lingering around the club like a bad smell to dare is to do???? fuck* off!!!!!"

Wow you either got way to much time on your hands or you are one sad cunt that has literally saved those quotes on your phone notepad so you can pull them out if need be. Get a life!!!!

What more absolute bollocks: "Standing still" not improving, fuck me. Could be further from what is actually going on, can't think of a side that has improved more than us, but hey ho.

What have we achieved ? Answers on a postcard please. I'm happy with the progrsssion but we have achieved nothing as a club. Our players won't stick around if we go season after season trophylees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom