Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talking about the summer transfer windows and I agree last summer was a complete catastrophe

It was mate big time but a lot of Spurs fans have their heads buried in the sand. We are progressing well as a club but we have not actually won anything as of yet. We struggled in the CL last season because we were not equipped. Let's not make the same mistakes again and again.

What have we achieved ? Answers on a postcard please. I'm happy with the progrsssion but we have achieved nothing as a club. Our players won't stick around if we go season after season trophylees
What the fuck are you talking about? "Our players will not stick around", what ones are you referring to? I must have missed the exodus. You are not happy with anything.

In a world where the sun shines and people hold hands .Brotherly love and peace for beat generation.
It would be nice that every decent lillywhite player isn't linked/wanting to leave ( yes it s the corrupt media )and we had transfer targets we occasionally heard of .
I know I'm vain even souless but l want to walk in the Rose garden of joy and satisfaction before l pop off to the geezer upstairs .

Wow you either got way to much time on your hands or you are one sad cunt that has literally saved those quotes on your phone notepad so you can pull them out if need be. Get a life!!!!
Ten minutes of my life. It goes on and on and on. That's only a snapshot of one summer. There's more of the same from you from January 2016 and last summer's transfer window.

Did Levy molest your dog?

What have we achieved ? Answers on a postcard please. I'm happy with the progrsssion but we have achieved nothing as a club. Our players won't stick around if we go season after season trophylees

Comfortable CL qualification for 2 seasons running - something Liverpool would have killed for. Ok, it's not a trophy, but it is an achievement.

He's talking about the summer transfer windows and I agree last summer was a complete catastrophe
Yeah, finishing 6th was a real blow to us last season. Maybe if we had shown some ambition we might have finished top four last season instead of scraping another season in the Europa League?

Wait...

:allitongue:

Our transfer policy in recent seasons has been frustrating but definitely not a disaster. The near 50m spent on Janssen and Sissoko has not even improved the squad let alone the first team to be honest. The gambles on the french lads can happen so no issues there. Alli ,Son and Alderweireld have of course been successful but yeh very hit and miss.

Real catastrophes were the summer leading up to the 10/11 season where Levy was perfectly happy to go into the season with an untried Sandro and an aging Gallas as his only signings until Vdv fell onto his lap on deadline day. To go into our first Cl season for donkeys years with only those 2???? The fuck?

Also the jan transfer window of the 11/12 season where Redknapp wanted Samba/Cahill and Remy and got Nelsen and Saha. I understand there was uncertainty with Redknapps future but jesus...just one of those would have surely got us at least 3rd. Instead chelski win the CL and we lose Luka.

Some of our fans don't deserve this club.

Only a few weeks ago... by August some people on here will demand the board resigns I can guarantee it, based on conjecture not the squad that has been built in reality where we have quality everywhere already, a truly great tottenham team

Agree. There's no correlation between the "buy loads of players" approach, and success. The opposite is closer to being evidential.
Hmmm, don't really want to get dragged in here as I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, but nevertheless, there's an extremely strong correlation between the "invest in quality players" approach, and success, it's only really Leicester who have bucked the trend in any of the top 5 European leagues in recent memory

Last edited:
Id love someone to draw up a list of all the utter shit Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Woolwich have signed in the last 5 years and then see if they still believe that our policy is somehow worse than theirs.

The difference is that at least we make a profit on unwanted players instead of selling them on for tens of millions less

Hmmm, don't really want to get dragged in here as I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, but nevertheless, there's an extremely strong correlation between the "invest in quality players" approach, and success, it's only really Leicester who have bucked the trend in any of the top 5 European leagues in recent memory

Yeah I'd be somewhere in the middle. Our showing in the CL last year was woeful and its clear that we have actually attempted to bolster the squad. The issue is we have bought some complete duds (Sissoko being a very expensive example). I couldn't be happier with our progress, but if we want to maintain an upward trajectory we need to bolster the squad. We can't really call anything less than silverware now progress and if we are having the same conversation this time next year I feel we might have a few players looking at greener grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom