Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

But when you see super rich owners ploughing their own ill- gotten money into their teams, while our own super rich owner ploughs his ill-gotten money into luxury yachts , it seems a bit rich whining about other clubs spending power.
You're so thick it's actually shameful you've chosen to associate yourself with this club - fuck off to Chavs or City, you utter bellend

But when you see super rich owners ploughing their own ill- gotten money into their teams, while our own super rich owner ploughs his ill-gotten money into luxury yachts , it seems a bit rich whining about other clubs spending power.
I don't mind the spending power of clubs that earn their own money. There is already to much money in football, so owners like Chelsea and City have IMO makes it even worse.

I don't mind the spending power of clubs that earn their own money. There is already to much money in football, so owners like Chelsea and City have IMO makes it even worse.

I disagree (and I know I'm in the minority). If not for the upheaval caused by rich owners, Woolwich, United and Liverpool would have been guaranteed top 3 every season. When Chelsea got into the mix, one of the three others could only get fourth. When City got involved as well, I think it caused a bit of panic among the three red clubs, causing them to make bad decisions, mismanage, and fuck up. City's and Chelsea's riches may have made our journey to the top harder, but imo it may actually have helped us by giving the red clubs trouble.

Likewise, in Germany, RB Salzburg's emergence has given Dortmund and Bayern something to worry about. France has gotten a club or two that can challenge the best in Europe, and even a few eastern european clubs, like Shaktar Donetsk, can do well in CL.

Football has become more dynamic and interesting. If anything "ruins football" it is the top executives of the top clubs ensuring that the system is set up to protect and promote the traditional top clubs constantly. The football system is extremely conservative (and corrupt?), and more conservative the higher up the ladder you go.

New money is the only thing that can cause changes and new clubs to emerge.

No idea why the press would even run with the 'Spurs make last ditch attempt to bring in Alves' stories.

He has history with Guardiola and City will offer him much more money.

I guess they have to make us look like we want rid of Walker and are after replacements to try to be more unsettling.

No idea why the press would even run with the 'Spurs make last ditch attempt to bring in Alves' stories.

He has history with Guardiola and City will offer him much more money.

I guess they have to make us look like we want rid of Walker and are after replacements to try to be more unsettling.

We have two perfectly good right backs

Why would we want some old fella that would want more money than both of them combined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom