Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe Poch decided no

Just edited the figures by the way

The £6 million option was negotiated in January apparently. And if we aren't interested, why offer the £1.75 million + £1.75 million? That won't be Pochettino's doing.

Oh, and here's Pochettino on Pau in April. “He is very competitive and has a strong character. He needs to learn and improve but he is ready – physically and mentally.”

Last edited:
Just edited the figures by the way

The £6 million option was negotiated in January apparently. And if we aren't interested, why offer the £1.75 million + £1.75 million? That won't be Pochettino's doing.

Oh, and here's Pochettino on Pau in April. “He is very competitive and has a strong character. He needs to learn and improve but he is ready – physically and mentally.”
Maybe he didn't "learn and improve" as expected

Bullshit? Great retort up there with such classics as you are wrong.

As for the rest of your response we'll I give it to you that I am quite taken aback by those statements.

It is disrespecting the players to hold expectations of silverware with regard to one of the best sides in the league? The level of absurdity in that such statement is quite something. In what possible realm could this be deemed as delusional? Had this been about the '90s team then you may have some semblance of a point but we are talking about one of the best sides in the league.

Is it delusional to hold such expectations about Andy Murray winning Wimbledon or Lewis Hamilton a F1 title? It is delusional or disrespectful to hold such a thing at any sporting talent at the top of their profession. What a ludrioucous notion, the talent warrants the expectations, it absolutely should and if the talent isn't realised then criticism and questions should absolutely asked.

If this current Spurs does not win any silverware then it would be an extraordinary waste of that talent, Kane himself has pretty much aluded to that. To have no expectations or to place none on this side is just absurd, if you wish to revel in the comfort of low expectations and adopt a participation award mentality then good for you but forgive me if won't be joining you.
Whose tragic multi is this?

What, in the six weeks left training with us? Do you think that's likely?

Or might it be more probable that we're using his wish to stay in England and not sign a new contract with RCDE to get them to sell at below the agreed rate?
I don't know, so I'd rather not just assume that Levy has said no to the price, letting down Poch and ruining our relationship with Espanyol. On the basis that a 3rd choice keeper didn't make it.

And if it does, whatever will you moan about next....if if if

Come back in 2 years when Poch becomes our longest serving manager for 3 decades, and judge then

Why I would I complain about an outcome that I advocate? Explain that logic to me please.

As for Poch being here in 2 years, how on earth can anyone make such a claim with such certainty whenthe pace of managerial turnover in the game is at the level it is. He has done extraordinarily well just to survive long.

Why I would I complain about an outcome that I advocate? Explain that logic to me please.

As for Poch being here in 2 years, how on earth can anyone make such a claim with such certainty whenthe pace of managerial turnover in the game is at the level it is. He has done extraordinarily well just to survive long.

As I said before, the people that just want silverware and see no value in how it comes about or is earned are usually the ones that just move onto the next "problem".

So win the PL, celebrate for 5 minutes and then start fretting about how other clubs will be better next year and we need signings or we will just be like Leicester etc etc etc etc

As for Poch, he's doing a great job so I'm hoping he stays.
The managerial turnover rate is because trigger happy chairman keep pandering to entitled fans. It's moronic to give Poch less than 5 years.

No manager could take what he inherited and win the league faster. Our targets when he came was consistent top 4 finishes and then silverware.

As for Poch being here in 2 years, how on earth can anyone make such a claim with such certainty when the pace of managerial turnover in the game is at the level it is. He has done extraordinarily well just to survive long.

There once was a man called Brigante
Who on this same topic did ante
The poor pessimistic sap
Said "I'll eat my own crap"
And his appearances since have been scanty

As for the rest of your response we'll I give it to you that I am quite taken aback by those statements.

It is disrespecting the players to hold expectations of silverware with regard to one of the best sides in the league? The level of absurdity in that such statement is quite something. In what possible realm could this be deemed as delusional? Had this been about the '90s team then you may have some semblance of a point but we are talking about one of the best sides in the league.

Is it delusional to hold such expectations about Andy Murray winning Wimbledon or Lewis Hamilton a F1 title? It is delusional or disrespectful to hold such a thing at any sporting talent at the top of their profession. What a ludrioucous notion, the talent warrants the expectations, it absolutely should and if the talent isn't realised then criticism and questions should absolutely asked.

If this current Spurs does not win any silverware then it would be an extraordinary waste of that talent, Kane himself has pretty much aluded to that. To have no expectations or to place none on this side is just absurd, if you wish to revel in the comfort of low expectations and adopt a participation award mentality then good for you but forgive me if won't be joining you.
What you need to do is pull your foreskin over your head and vanish!
Back the squad don't knock it!

nfo FM, Nice: Tottenham into Marcel

Published the: 26/06/2017 - 13 h 56 - last modification: 26/06/2017 - 14 h 22
Constant Wicherek

Dahbia Hattabi
We announced here is now five days of OGC Nice, Vincent Marcel young, was much appreciated. In addition to Nantes and Nice, which followed his situation with attention, we also informed you that he agrees with a top 5 club English.
According to our information, this club would be Tottenham. The Spurs of Mauricio Pochettino have even proposed midfield of 20 years a nice five-year contract. It remains to know the position of his club, OGC Nice.

www.footmercato.net/flash-mercato/info-fm-nice-tottenham-a-fond-sur-marcel_204759

nfo FM, Nice: Tottenham into Marcel

Published the: 26/06/2017 - 13 h 56 - last modification: 26/06/2017 - 14 h 22
Constant Wicherek

Dahbia Hattabi
We announced here is now five days of OGC Nice, Vincent Marcel young, was much appreciated. In addition to Nantes and Nice, which followed his situation with attention, we also informed you that he agrees with a top 5 club English.
According to our information, this club would be Tottenham. The Spurs of Mauricio Pochettino have even proposed midfield of 20 years a nice five-year contract. It remains to know the position of his club, OGC Nice.

www.footmercato.net/flash-mercato/info-fm-nice-tottenham-a-fond-sur-marcel_204759

Reads like a Chaucer poem :dembelelol:

Ok, unless I'm wildly misjudging you, you are not Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton or Harry Kane right? In fact you aren't someone who is at the elite level of sport correct? If you aren't then you have very little to no influence over how successful any of those athletes are. So your expectations have nothing to do with whether Andy Murray tapers his form and fitness to try and win Wimbledon or if he decides to take it easier this year due to a niggling injury or even if he has found enlightenment and decided to visit his guru in India for 6 months of the year. I mean you can decide that Murray has the talent to win Wimbledon this year but unless he decides to give it a red hot go, what you decide has nothing to do with anything except how you feel when he gets bundled out in the first round or goes on to win it.

So it's not delusional for Murray to have expectations .... it IS delusional for you to have expectations. Murray's expectations decide what he does in training and they change based upon his fitness, mental well being and what's happening around him. Your expectations aren't even a ripple in the water of his swimming pool. Sure, you can get angry at those Murray fans on "The Fighting Scot" message board who's expectations aren't as high as your expectations. Murray isn't reading your posts so in the end, you're just pissing against the wind and your leg is getting damp.

I don't think you can compare buying a yacht to financially doping a team in a supposedly competitive sport that millions of people are emotionally invested in.
But when you see super rich owners ploughing their own ill- gotten money into their teams, while our own super rich owner ploughs his ill-gotten money into luxury yachts , it seems a bit rich whining about other clubs spending power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom