New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if we can get Jamie redknapp & Henry in the south east TV box for one last time.......demolishing it with the two of them in it

Only if the demolition ball passes sideways in the case of Redknapp Junior.
Here's Staple's Arena in Los Angeles last year for the League of Legends World Championships ... eSports is a very real thing that brings big crowds and has a ton of money attached to it.

league_of_legends_world_championships_staples_crowd.jpg

I'm very glad Levy has cottoned onto E-Sports before the other London clubs. I was getting increasingly worried about the cost of the stadium and the fact that European football looks very bubbly (transfer prices are accelerating at a ridiculous rate, often the main sign a bubble is about to burst) so it's a great idea to diversify away from just football.

As long as we fumigate the stadium every time the geeks leave, I've not got a problem with it.

eSports does have a doping problem (and has drug testing) - it's generally Aderall and other amphetamine based stimulants that allow you to artificially focus and stay hyper alert over extended periods.

Why the fuck are we doing that?

My guess is because we will have the capacity.

If I'm right, the club believe we won't sell 87,000 Spurs seats for Newcastle at home, as much as I don't think we will for many other games as well so we might as well offer a few more seats to away fans who will still be heavily outnumbered.

Games like Arse, Chelsea Scum, West Ham, Man U and Pool should certainly get 87,000 crowds, so let them have the minimum 3,000 seats only.

My guess is because we will have the capacity.

If I'm right, the club believe we won't sell 87,000 Spurs seats for Newcastle at home, as much as I don't think we will for many other games as well so we might as well offer a few more seats to away fans who will still be heavily outnumbered.

Games like Arse, Chelsea Scum, West Ham, Man U and Pool should certainly get 87,000 crowds, so let them have the minimum 3,000 seats only.

One great thing about Wembley is the chance to see West Ham, Chavs and Arse regularly, the Lane was a nightmare for tickets if you weren't a season ticket holder.

If anyone is interested...

Looking at the 'invisible seating' images of the footings at NWHL and the safestandingRS image, I dont think we are going to be having safestanding in the new north stand as its coming too late.
Possibility for the new single tier stand, and also likely there is no requirement or appetite for it in east/west stands.
Definitely interesting, seeing WBA are wanting to be a trial focus group, if only they had enough support to get a decent study :kaneshh:

The club have specifically made a provision for the bottom third of the south stand to be 'safe standing'. Indeed on the website it states
Q: Have you taken into account the desire for safe standing, so that we can easily respond to any potential change in legislation?

A: The single tier Home End is all seating to meet current requirements, however areas of it have been designed with safe standing in mind and we shall have the ability to introduce rail type seating in the tier should the legislation change.
The club also stated

"We have consistently said that we would be open to investigating the opportunity to incorporate safe standing within our new stadium should legislation and licencing permit this."

I am very confident if the legislation were to change Tottenham would implement safe standing. What the legislation actually is I do not know. As for the North stand there has been no mention of it. I can only imagine it being of use for away fans in that section. In theory there is no reason why it cannot be implemented in the lower tier. Although it won't be so no point in thinking about it right now.
As for the announcement I do hope it is a trial run at a club in the top two tiers. Ironically I read that normal terracing is legal but 'safe standing' is currently not. Again I do not know what the relevant legislation is and the clubs themselves have expressed uncertainty on the law.

Currently standing areas are illegal in top two tiers of English football. It's likely that law would need to be repealed or amended. However, some have suggested the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport could instead designate rail seats as seating (even when they're in a standing configuration) to get around this without having to waste parliamentary time (which we don't have much of right now thanks to Brexit necessitating a lot of very important bills, and the hung parliament making things slower). The downside of this is that it could be challenged in the courts and potentially subject to a judicial review.

Looking at the 'invisible seating' images of the footings at NWHL and the safestandingRS image, I dont think we are going to be having safestanding in the new north stand as its coming too late.
Possibility for the new single tier stand, and also likely there is no requirement or appetite for it in east/west stands.
Definitely interesting, seeing WBA are wanting to be a trial focus group, if only they had enough support to get a decent study :kaneshh:

The club have specifically made a provision for the bottom third of the south stand to be 'safe standing'. Indeed on the website it states
Q: Have you taken into account the desire for safe standing, so that we can easily respond to any potential change in legislation?

A: The single tier Home End is all seating to meet current requirements, however areas of it have been designed with safe standing in mind and we shall have the ability to introduce rail type seating in the tier should the legislation change.
The club also stated

"We have consistently said that we would be open to investigating the opportunity to incorporate safe standing within our new stadium should legislation and licencing permit this."

I am very confident if the legislation were to change Tottenham would implement safe standing. What the legislation actually is I do not know. As for the North stand there has been no mention of it. I can only imagine it being of use for away fans in that section. In theory there is no reason why it cannot be implemented in the lower tier. Although it won't be so no point in thinking about it right now.
As for the announcement I do hope it is a trial run at a club in the top two tiers. Ironically I read that normal terracing is legal but 'safe standing' is currently not. Again I do not know what the relevant legislation is and the clubs themselves have expressed uncertainty on the law.
If all this comes to pass, we'll have been fortunate with the timing of the new stadium/single tier south stand. One thing that springs to mind is that safe standing could increase the capacity of the stadium slightly (with safe standing seats taking up less space than normal seats?) so perhaps another planning permission amendment would be in order.

Back
Top Bottom