New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top tier NWHL

Top tier OS

:llorishowudoin:
That really is epic. The atmosphere will be incredible. And the second photo shows just how crap the Olympic Stadium really is for football. I knew the pitch side fans were a long way from the pitch, but hadn't really grasped that there was a twenty metre gap to the top tier. The TV shots on MOTD are foreshortened and they probably edit it so as not to show the worst bits. The only word I can think of is "calamity".

Top tier NWHL

Top tier OS

:llorishowudoin:
H04JgXw.gif

That really is epic. The atmosphere will be incredible. And the second photo shows just how crap the Olympic Stadium really is for football. I knew the pitch side fans were a long way from the pitch, but hadn't really grasped that there was a twenty metre gap to the top tier. The TV shots on MOTD are foreshortened and they probably edit it so as not to show the worst bits. The only word I can think of is "calamity".

Until you experience the upper tier in the Olympic Stadium it isn't possible to grasp just how far away you are......you're in the stadium and a match is going on, but you don't feel any attachment to it. Watching us lose there just left me feeling nothing, it was like the match never took place.

I went to the stadium today for the first time in a week or so and flipping heck!
I am amazed at the progress made in that time. They have been going gangbusters! They've moved up a few gears. Both the East and West stand have wrapped around to near as godammit where the new South stand will be.There are two cranes sited on Worcester Avenue (on which I saw a truck with some terracing on it).
There's a mobile crane on Park Lane which was hanging a bucket in which two workers were cutting the steel
framework in the roof there. And they've built two sets of steps one at each end of the West stand.

I just watched a doc on the building of a stadium in South Africa. The roof is pretty much the same as ours. Again if anyone is interested (it is also on Netflix)...

The steel at the top of our North Stand is the compression ring which is built in this doc. Funnily enough on SSC there is someone who is adamant it is not the compression ring.
image.php

You're right. They're wrong. I noticed that as well today. Another new addition. Our compression ring is cylindrical. It makes more sense to me for it to be cylindrical rather than four sided as is the case with the Cape Town Stadium.
http://www.thorntontomasetti.com/how_is_a_stadium_like_a_bicycle/

Last edited:
Melspurnian Melspurnian how are you doing Ash? Things working out ok? Has the fallout from burning your Auntie's woolwich shirt died down yet? Got to go to bed now mate, but keep me informed.

Yiddo.
I'm good thanks joe. Yeah that was a while back now, no worries at all. Despite the rents having no clue about how the sport works they understood why I wanted to burn it. The old man even helped me as I was burning a few letters at the same time and he thinks I'm a bit of a pyromaniac and didn't want the house to go up.

I'm good thanks joe. Yeah that was a while back now, no worries at all. Despite the rents having no clue about how the sport works they understood why I wanted to burn it. The old man even helped me as I was burning a few letters at the same time and he thinks I'm a bit of a pyromaniac and didn't want the house to go up.
Your Dad sounds like a decent bloke - you're obviously in safe hands mate. All the best. Any pics of your Mum? :pochwtf:

Edit: I've pushed this too far haven't I? Oh well.

Last edited:
I just watched a doc on the building of a stadium in South Africa. The roof is pretty much the same as ours. Again if anyone is interested (it is also on Netflix)...

The steel at the top of our North Stand is the compression ring which is built in this doc. Funnily enough on SSC there is someone who is adamant it is not the compression ring.
image.php

Very interesting documentary that one from Cape Town.

Helped bring to life what is going on with NWHL seeing as I'm no engineer!

Let's hope the guys we've got are not having to share the cranes

Back
Top Bottom