"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Durham on TS: "Spurs had no competition - Just a head to head with Chelsea - and they let Chelsea OVERTAKE them... ".

What the actual fuck?

CUNT.
I take everything Durham and Gough say with a complete pinch of salt, it is sensationalism to the highest degree, which is done to attract gullible fans into a non debate.

Pretty much 95% of the time they are being facetious, which clearly boosts their numbers. What troubles me is now how often they will filter the 'fans' who fit their narrative, when if you spoke to any self respecting football fan, they never share the same opinion.

I certainly don't put talkshit on when we've lost, they love rolling out the internet memes and social media 'banter' comments after a loss. It is so primative it borders on embarrassment at times.

I take everything Durham and Gough say with a complete pinch of salt, it is sensationalism to the highest degree, which is done to attract gullible fans into a non debate.

Pretty much 95% of the time they are being facetious, which clearly boosts their numbers. What troubles me is now how often they will filter the 'fans' who fit their narrative, when if you spoke to any self respecting football fan, they never share the same opinion.

I certainly don't put talkshit on when we've lost, they love rolling out the internet memes and social media 'banter' comments after a loss. It is so primative it borders on embarrassment at times.

I'm with you... (Although it is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine! lol)

...TBH, I'd given it a wide berth just thought they'd have moved onto something else by today. Especially since even the majority of the blinkered pundit community of the British game has done a 180-turn on the idea of us being "bottlers" since Friday night.

The extent of the bullshit in the instance is quite something else tho!

I quote again for emphasis: "they let Chelsea OVERTAKE them"

Disgusting.

If they don't do it against WBA then the nerves could set in. We beat Man Utd then the pressure on them will be massive against Watford and they could crack.

I'm with you... (Although it is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine! lol)

...TBH, I'd given it a wide berth just thought they'd have moved onto something else by today. Especially since even the blinkered pundit community of the British game has reversed on the idea of "bottlers" since Friday night.

The extent of the bullshit in the instance is quite something else tho!

I quote again for emphasis: "they let Chelsea OVERTAKE them"

Disgusting.
Not to be taken seriously geeza, I have in passing listened to that bollocks on and off for years, Durham is so predictable, and Darren Gough his puppet. You do wonder sometimes whether they actually enjoy football sometimes.

Then they'll purr over something completely bollocks. I'd give it a swerve. In fairness, they lay into arse even more than us

So facetious in fact, it's almost faeces!

So facetious in fact, it's almost faeces!
Oh complete shit mate.

I wish sometimes, when he loves reeling off the old bottle routine he does, someone would call him out on the time his missus bottled out turning him down just she didn't miss out on the money ticket

If they don't do it against WBA then the nerves could set in. We beat Man Utd then the pressure on them will be massive against Watford and they could crack.
Watford on holiday, wba are in awful form & sunderland are poor. They only need 1 win. It is over.
We will get 2nd which is a massive achievement. We should celebrate & focus on that rather than being disappointed when chelsea are confirmed champions.
Didn't watch chelsea tonight & I won't be watching any of their remaining league games. Life's better not having to watch them march easily to the title.

Watford on holiday, wba are in awful form & sunderland are poor. They only need 1 win. It is over.
We will get 2nd which is a massive achievement. We should celebrate & focus on that rather than being disappointed when chelsea are confirmed champions.
Didn't watch chelsea tonight & I won't be watching any of their remaining league games. Life's better not having to watch them march easily to the title.
I also did not watch tonight and will not see any of chelsea's other matches. Our target is not 2nd but finishing the season strongly and showing we can win once the chance of winning the title has gone. I will not be happy if we get 2nd by default ( MC lose a match) we need to win at least 2 more matches so we can go into the summer happy. Last season despite getting 3rd I was not happy with 2 points from the last 4 matches. It must not happen again.

Excellent article in the Evening Standard tonight, very well balanced. I will leave it to the teccie people to find it and add to the forum, as I have no idea on how to do it :)

I also did not watch tonight and will not see any of chelsea's other matches. Our target is not 2nd but finishing the season strongly and showing we can win once the chance of winning the title has gone. I will not be happy if we get 2nd by default ( MC lose a match) we need to win at least 2 more matches so we can go into the summer happy. Last season despite getting 3rd I was not happy with 2 points from the last 4 matches. It must not happen again.
I actually would rather experiment a little bit in these meaningless games.
Lots of game time to Janssen, sissoko & george.
I also disagree that we should be unhappy all summer if we only win 1 of our last 3 games.
if we lose our remaining games we will most likely finish 2nd. This is because we deserve & have earnt 2nd & not because it is by default!

If the Football God has decided he doesn't want Chelsea to win the title then they won't win it, no matter how inevitable it seems.

An encouraging thought. We did so well this season but arguably our slow start let us down. We were unbeaten for the first 6 or 7 games but drew too many.

But this was with a lot of our best players away on international duty at the euros. Imagine what we might do with a full poch pre season behind us next year. Hopefully they'll be well rested and up for coming out the traps strong

An encouraging thought. We did so well this season but arguably our slow start let us down. We were unbeaten for the first 6 or 7 games but drew too many.

But this was with a lot of our best players away on international duty at the euros. Imagine what we might do with a full poch pre season behind us next year. Hopefully they'll be well rested and up for coming out the traps strong

We had a quicker start than Chelsea this season. We cant use that as an excuse.

We did draw too many games throughout the season, games we should have won. But we didn't start slowly. We were like 2nd and unbeaten after 6 or so games.

We had a quicker start than Chelsea this season. We cant use that as an excuse.

We did draw too many games throughout the season, games we should have won. But we didn't start slowly. We were like 2nd and unbeaten after 6 or so games.

The problems came with Kane and Alderweireld out of the team, after City, the 6th game and until the 15th game, the defeat to United.

After 7 games we had 17 points.
After 15 games we had 27 points having picked up 10 points in 8 games and that's where we lost the title.
In the next 20 games we picked up 50 points from 60!

The problems came with Kane and Alderweireld out of the team, after City, the 6th game and until the 15th game, the defeat to United.

After 7 games we had 17 points.
After 15 games we had 27 points having picked up 10 points in 8 games and that's where we lost the title.
In the next 20 games we picked up 50 points from 60!
Our "unbeaten run" (ending against united) was a ball & chain this season. Too many draws in that time. We'd have been better losing a couple & winning a couple.

It's ironic that an unbeaten run could ever be thought of as harmful. But I really think it was.

Our "unbeaten run" (ending against united) was a ball & chain this season. Too many draws in that time. We'd have been better losing a couple & winning a couple.

It's ironic that an unbeaten run could ever be thought of as harmful. But I really think it was.
A 25 game unbeaten run for MU has not done them any good either. The good thing about records is it sets the bar higher. No one starts talking about it until you get close which takes the pressure off.

Back
Top Bottom