The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we were to beat them, they then host Utd (not easy) and then go to Southampton where they've had a few recent howlers. More than finishing above them, this could be the year the cunts find themselves playing thursday nights or in the first round of the league cup next season.

Here's a nice stat.

If we beat the Nomads on Sunday we'll have 77 points, our second higest EVER total if you adjust for (a) 3pts a win and (b) 38 games, thus beating the 1950-51 league winning team:

1960-61 - 87.8 pts
1950-51 - 76.9 pts
2016-17 - 74 pts (after 33 games)
2012-13 - 72 pts
1956-57 - 70.6 pts
2015-16 - 70 pts
2009-10 - 70 pts
1984-85 - 69.7 pts

Winning our 5 remaining games would see us pass the 1960-61 season, with 89 points

Last edited:
Here's a nice stat.

If we beat the Nomads on Sunday we'll have 77 points, our second higest EVER total if you adjust for (a) 3pts a win and (b) 38 games, thus beating the 1950-51 league winning team:

1960-61 - 87.8 pts
1950-51 - 76.9 pts
2012-13 - 72 pts
1956-57 - 70.6 pts
2015-15 - 70 pts
2009-10 - 70 pts
1984-85 - 69.7 pts

Winning our 5 remaining games would see us pass the 1960-61 season, with 89 points

89 is usually enough to win the league. In fact I think the last time a team in second place got 89 points, so did the team in 1st with City winning on goal difference.

It would be very unlucky if we finished second on 89 as it'd be joint highest amount of points for a team finishing second. We'd also have to give Chelsea credit.

Couple of weeks ago I was certain we'll murder them, but of course they've found some form and they'll probably raise their game against us.

Still, I think we go in as favourites. 3-1 Tottenham.

COYS

Here's a nice stat.

1960-61 - 87.8 pts
1950-51 - 76.9 pts
2012-13 - 72 pts
1956-57 - 70.6 pts
2015-16 - 70 pts
2009-10 - 70 pts
1984-85 - 69.7 pts

Not sure how you calculated it, but if points per game then multiply by 38 then:
66\67 - 72.4 pts
62\63 - 70.6 pts

Anyway it was a harder league back then. longer season, smaller squads, and more equal hence teams didn't kill off a league like in the PL with the huge gaps. our 1961 side actually holds the record for most wins in a top flight season with 31, and points wise I think only 1979 liverpool passed them, and their adjusted result is 88.7...

If we draw we would be on 75 points. They have a game in hand so could reach 76 if they won their remaining games while we lost all of ours. They may play for a point to try and avoid the shame of it happening mathematically at our place.
Yes, but their potential points would also drop due to the 2 point loss they'd take too. The maths are there, I saw it posted on some facebook group last night and did the math and it was quite right. I can't be arsed to do the math right now, but it's there unless i am very much mistaken.

Not sure how you calculated it, but if points per game then multiply by 38 then:
66\67 - 72.4 pts
62\63 - 70.6 pts

Anyway it was a harder league back then. longer season, smaller squads, and more equal hence teams didn't kill off a league like in the PL with the huge gaps. our 1961 side actually holds the record for most wins in a top flight season with 31, and points wise I think only 1979 liverpool passed them, and their adjusted result is 88.7...
3 pts a win, divided by 42, multiplied by 38...
I copied a bit from somewhere else then added some stuff, so the fault is with my original source which wasn't comprehensive as you say. Still no escaping the fact we're on course for an incredible points haul.

As for the "harder back then", I was thinking about that. The things you say are true, plus the pitches were a lot less forgiving than modern ones are. That said, there weren't as many games (much less European involvement and what there was was less demanding, no League Cup participation till early 1970s) so swings and roundabouts maybe.

On the subject of shit pitches, check out this cup match from 1960...

Got to say I'm glad they aren't in the same level of despair they were three weeks ago.
Going into the game with the world writing them off is not ideal. Now they have got some results under their belt, the hysteria has calmed down a bit, and I think that suits us perfectly

Already feeling quite emotional about this. Should all go to schedule, this will be my last game at the current stadium. Started going in 94 when we were fucking shit (apart from the excitement of Klinsmann) and have witnessed this slow, stuttered progression to rabid, skillful, title challenging club of the future.

What better way to close that chapter than by sealing out first finish above those pricks since the first year I supported the club.

I gotta be honest.... seeing only the TOP HALF of that picture at first in the 'quote' window, I genuinely thought it was him tweeting about 'nosebleed territory' mocking us...
Which, annoying as that might have been to be on the receiving end, would at least demonstrate some humour and understanding of the banter that comes with our rivalry...

As it is, he comes across as a soft cunt who can't take a ball to the shoulder... I bet he got someone to do it to him... Desperately trying to get sympathy facetwat likes!

Well fuck off cunt... See you on Sunday!

Yes, but their potential points would also drop due to the 2 point loss they'd take too. The maths are there, I saw it posted on some facebook group last night and did the math and it was quite right. I can't be arsed to do the math right now, but it's there unless i am very much mistaken.

I looked this morning, my maths is right. Our 75 and their potential 76 is assuming we draw on Sunday and then regarding all remaining games, we lose all our remaining and they win all their remaining.

WTF.gif

Already feeling quite emotional about this... Started going in 94 when we were fucking shit....
What better way to close that chapter than by sealing out first finish above those pricks since the first year I supported the club.
So 23 years of 'St Totteringham's Day' have all been your fault!!!

Back
Top Bottom