New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

k4GO8j0.jpg

I also put the Champions League failure down to this. The top European clubs were seeing it as trip to the world famous Wembley stadium. Raising their game etc as it may be somewhere not a lot of these teams will ever play at again.
Maybe Gent upped in beyond their norm in the EL.
Monaco were underestimated by everyone, including the media who are now touting them as ducking brilliant as they beat City.
We were without two cbs and Eriksen for one of those games werent we?
I think we looked nervous the first game.
Bybthentime we played Gent in the EL I think we were more confident.
I get your point though. It played a part, but I don't think it was the main reason.

Idk about their keeper, but I'm pretty sure I remember either Lamela or Son hitting the post twice.

You don't deserve to win by hitting the ball off target. We weren't good enough on the day.

Wasn't that the one Wanyama was rested for? If only we played our strongest team from the outset.

You don't deserve to win by hitting the ball off target. We weren't good enough on the day.

Wasn't that the one Wanyama was rested for? If only we played our strongest team from the outset.
Yeah, you don't deserve to win by hitting the post. I was trying to say that it was a pretty close game and Monaco didn't dominate by any stretch of the imagination. Monaco are terrific but it easily could have gone either way. Reminds me of the games against Chelsea this season.

I think you're right about Wanyama getting rested, IIRC in the first Monaco game Poch decided to use the Dele-Dier midfield duo and it was a big part of why the game went so badly. But they're a very good team either way, no shame in losing to them. Finishing behind Leverkusen, on the other hand... :pochfacepalm:

Mate We played them off the park, I was their they scored with their only two attacks of the whole game. Efficient but deserved to lose to us, it was as one side almost as Millwall in terms of play.

Bernado Silva was the difference for them, everyone else was containable. He is their best player not Mppabe or Lamar.

Silva was like Coutinho times 10, Mabbpe and so on are false idols, Silva is who makes them dangerous and tick, you only have to watch them.

Whoever gets Silva will be deadly. There is something he has others don't.

Last edited:
Mate We played them off the park, I was their they scored with their only two attacks of the whole game. Efficient but deserved to lose to us, it was as one side almost as Millwall in terms of play.

Bernado Silva was the difference for them, everyone else was containable. He is their best player not Mppabe or Lamar.

Silva was like Coutinho times 10, Mabbpe and so on are false idols, Silva is who makes them dangerous and tick, you only have to watch them.

Whoever gets Silva will be deadly. There is something he has others don't.
Thought they played very well the last 10 mins of the game. Controlled it without doing anything (they didn't have to). But agree with everything else. Played us off the park at their place though and deserved to win it.

I honestly believe, if we decide to stay at WHL next season and make the right decisions in the window then we are more than capable of winning the league next season.

We've made WHL a fortress again... part of me wishes we weren't moving at all.

I honestly believe, if we decide to stay at WHL next season and make the right decisions in the window then we are more than capable of winning the league next season.

We've made WHL a fortress again... part of me wishes we weren't moving at all.
Alright, are you okay with pausing construction on the new stadium for a whole year? By the time next season starts they'll have all but completed construction efforts on the current phase, and we've still got about 3/4 remaining to build.

Staying @ WHL next season really isn't an option if we want to build the stadium.

We also need to get over our Wembley anxieties. It really is of the utmost importance that we need to stop losing our heads there if we want to win trophies. A full season playing there should do it.

Back
Top Bottom