New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

27 games at 90 000 ? Wow.

My guess we will cap lower for domestic cup games though which would make sense. Especially in the early stages.

My guess we will cap lower for domestic cup games though which would make sense. Especially in the early stages.
But it gives the option if we get a big draw like Woolwich, Utd etc in the early rounds. Whereas less glamorous ties can be priced accordingly. Also gives us the chance to capture a new generation of fans. Hugely significant for the long term success of the club

Last edited:

But it gives the option if we git a big draw like Woolwich, Utd etc in the early rounds. Whereas less glamorous ties can be priced accordingly. Also gives us the chance to capture a new generation of fans. Hugely significant for the long term success of the club

The Wembley rep at the meeting said all home games will be 90k. If there's a need for more than what we've been given, it will come out of their normal slots. Bit of a gamble for them but I believe they have room for two more events anyway, and Spurs playing more than 10 home cup matches in a season isn't all that likely.

We should try and get some navy blue covers to put over seats for the year. Maybe get the Chinese to knock up some clip on plastic ones for a 50p each. The Indians could probably do it for half that if we're not worried about the whole child labour thing. We need to do everything possible to make it feel like home and red seats aren't helping with that.

If we have full capacity as I believe we have, when it comes the goons or chavs have we to give them a bigger allocation? Was there no an issue with the goons regards our allocation for their gaff! Something to do with safety? Which was bollocks.

In the Premier League fans are entitled to at least 3,000 away tickets, unless the capacity was under 30,000, in which case visiting supporters are allocated at least 10% of the capacity.

but yes for Woolwich i'd give them 1,882 only.

This is brilliant new for a number of reasons. Firstly imagine the atmosphere in the big games , it's going to be mental. Secondly for us fans who fork out shit loads of money going to games I imagine prices will be decent next year. Thirdly this will give alot of supporters who have been priced out of games as well families an opportunity to go to games. Finally we are not playing in MK.

Can't wait for next year.

Pitches nowadays are about 25% "plastic" aren't they? All woven in together with real grass, which is why they don't cut up as much and resemble swamps in winter.
Not according to the stadium tour. I'd heard the same but the (extremely knowledgeable) bloke reckoned the only part that was not 100% organic was the bit between the touchline and the stands. He reckoned that the not cutting up thing was due to vastly improved groundkeeping and the lights and massive fans they use

Not according to the stadium tour. I'd heard the same but the (extremely knowledgeable) bloke reckoned the only part that was not 100% organic was the bit between the touchline and the stands. He reckoned that the not cutting up thing was due to vastly improved groundkeeping and the lights and massive fans they use
Massive fans you say,
:angryscouser::goonermong:

If we have full capacity as I believe we have, when it comes the goons or chavs have we to give them a bigger allocation? Was there no an issue with the goons regards our allocation for their gaff! Something to do with safety? Which was bollocks.
Might have something to do with some twat smashing up their toilets every time we play there

This is brilliant new for a number of reasons. Firstly imagine the atmosphere in the big games , it's going to be mental. Secondly for us fans who fork out shit loads of money going to games I imagine prices will be decent next year. Thirdly this will give alot of supporters who have been priced out of games as well families an opportunity to go to games. Finally we are not playing in MK.

Can't wait for next year.
I'm actually not thrilled about getting the full 90k rather than 51k. Yes, it's great for prices and for families etc, and for the big matches it'll be amazing, but for the majority of our home league matches I think we'll have a fucking terrible atmosphere. We've got 4000-5000 people from blocks 29 to 35 who we normally have to rely on to generate atmosphere in our category B and C matches, and unless they all somehow end up being grouped very close together in the vast bowl of Wembley, there just won't be any centre of gravity big enough to create any meaningful noise. Some of the vocal fans will want to get the cheapest tickets possible up at the back of the upper tier, some will want to be lower tier behind the goal, some will want to be along the side. Having many small pockets of people singing doesn't translate into a good overall atmosphere, especially considering how big and open Wembley is and the fact that you've got Club Wembley sandwiched between the two tiers. The sound just doesn't carry.

51k with no upper tier would at least have helped group the vocal fans closer together. The pricing policy we'll have will mean that while we'll probably sell 90k or close to it for every match, we'll also end up with lots of empty seats from people that don't bother to turn up. I do also feel a bit for the local residents - they seemed to raise some pretty big valid objections in the meeting last night, which were basically just ignored.

I'm actually not thrilled about getting the full 90k rather than 51k. Yes, it's great for prices and for families etc, and for the big matches it'll be amazing, but for the majority of our home league matches I think we'll have a fucking terrible atmosphere. We've got 4000-5000 people from blocks 29 to 35 who we normally have to rely on to generate atmosphere in our category B and C matches, and unless they all somehow end up being grouped very close together in the vast bowl of Wembley, there just won't be any centre of gravity big enough to create any meaningful noise. Some of the vocal fans will want to get the cheapest tickets possible up at the back of the upper tier, some will want to be lower tier behind the goal, some will want to be along the side. Having many small pockets of people singing doesn't translate into a good overall atmosphere, especially considering how big and open Wembley is and the fact that you've got Club Wembley sandwiched between the two tiers. The sound just doesn't carry.

51k with no upper tier would at least have helped group the vocal fans closer together. The pricing policy we'll have will mean that while we'll probably sell 90k or close to it for every match, we'll also end up with lots of empty seats from people that don't bother to turn up. I do also feel a bit for the local residents - they seemed to raise some pretty big valid objections in the meeting last night, which were basically just ignored.
Prices are going to have to be £5 if there is any chance of filling that place in midweek for a cat c game.
Also there should be a cheap noisy end and a family section.
Make it perfectly clear that families should go in the family section, there is enough space so it's possible to accommodate all. They could make it family friendly with some gimmick that pleases the younger lot.
That way you don't get the 'singing section' full of families who don't sing.
At CL most behind the goal in the home end were just so and most of the noise was coming from higher up at the back.

I do also feel a bit for the local residents - they seemed to raise some pretty big valid objections in the meeting last night, which were basically just ignored.

To be honest a lot of the objections seemed to be misunderstanding the situation. It's already approved to have Spurs play all their home games there, all that was to debate was 51k to 90k.

I rather felt like the locals were objecting to games being played rather than the increase in capacity, which is why they were ignored.

Back
Top Bottom