New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest a lot of the objections seemed to be misunderstanding the situation. It's already approved to have Spurs play all their home games there, all that was to debate was 51k to 90k.

I rather felt like the locals were objecting to games being played rather than the increase in capacity, which is why they were ignored.
Thought it may be a bit better after the game with 51k.
Now with the full capacity it's going to be just as problematic.
Another thing, what happens if we reach a semi/final of the cups.
It's not exactly a neutral ground.

I've always assumed us applying for the full 90k for every game is just a precaution in case we need it - a bit like the last Europa league game, they let the 51k fill up then open up other blocks in the upper tier if needed.

don't have a problem with 90k but it's true the best atmosphere was the lowest gate of the recent wembley extravaganza's

Let's face it, Wembley is the only alternative to play in whilst we are away, there simply is no viable alternative. Let's also don't forget it was also the "fans choice" who voted overwhelmingly to play at Wembley as opposed to Stratford (what a fucking disaster that would have been) and Milton Keynes 60miles outside of London and 7k less seats than WHL now!

Wembley is shite for atmosphere, it's too big and unlike away fans, everyone is spread out far and wide. I hope the club can focus their efforts and make an exclusive area for singing (hate writing that but it is a reality). They tried to designate a "home" end for CL and it didn't work, so they need to fix this. It's also upto fans to recognise this too and do something about it, rather than complain. If the atmosphere is shite because we are spread out then don't fucking spread out!! (I am guilty of this, I sat top tier for our CL games, I'm a cunt for doing it and even more of a cunt for then moaning about the atmosphere).

Getting there ain't too bad but leaving can be a fucking nightmare.

If the club sellout the majority of these games then (depending on the ticket pricing) the Club could make a pile of cash, probably an extra £20m for the year than they get today and that is after paying the FA £15m for the privilege. This is a useful chunk of change to pay down the debt of the new stadium pay increased wages of those players/manager we aim to keep (our entire first 11) or buy-in or mitigate losses of players we sell (Sissoko). Either way so long as it doesn't end up in the back pockets of our leaders it's a good for a variety of reasons.

However you choose to cut it, next year is probably not going to be fun. Traveling, shit atmosphere, non-Spurs environment, every game an away game, no pubs and franchise food. That said, if we were doing this watching Michael Brown trott out on the Wembley turf I doubt I could have brought myself to watch shite whilst sitting in a shite place.

But this team is a joy to watch, they are entertaining, I will be going to Wembley I will sit myself in an area to sing my heart out. We have put up with so much as a fanbase over the years, in the scheme of things looking back over the last twenty years, next year at Wembley is a piece of piss.

Tottenham could yet stay at their current ground next season and aim to play home games at Wembley in 2018-19, before moving into the new stadium for the 2019-20 campaign.

From BBC......surely not an option

Still doesn't help us build the south stand. Don't see why inside of north, west and east cannot be done in a year. The only other thing it could be would be is the transport issues with the council not being ready.
It's just risk mitigation, makes perfect sense in a project of this size.

not too happy with 90k. we only have a regular match going support of 30k. gonna be so diluted with twats and tourists.
the key benefit of selling 80,000+ Spurs tickets regularly is it gets more fans and their kids in the habit of going to matches. Ergo it'll be easier to sell out 61,000 at NWHL. Very much hope the club designates special areas at Wembley and NWHL as family friendly.

Would love it if behind the goal and partway along the side could be designated stand and sing, like the Park Lane/Shelfside corner. In fact they should rename those areas when booking online next season so it's feckin obvious:

Park Lane
Shelfside
Family
Prawn Sandwiches

If we have full capacity as I believe we have, when it comes the goons or chavs have we to give them a bigger allocation? Was there no an issue with the goons regards our allocation for their gaff! Something to do with safety? Which was bollocks.

In the League we only ever have to offer 3,000 regardless of capacity. In the cups though the away team has to be offered 15%, and we couldn't really argue safety as a reason not to at Wembley considering it's designed for it - so you would see up to 13,500 away fans.

Fucking hell, ain't hanging around!
155717cca623ed170232e9931698ed94.jpg

I'm not surprised by this.

Some on here keep asking how we're going to be ready on time, well this is how. I'd wager that as soon as the concrete is set on most of the build, first fix electrics and plumbing are going in, and by the time WHL starts to be taken down, most of the current half of NWHL will be fitted out.

Have you seen our recent record there?

#seriousrelegationfears
Yeah I know, it's not that great.
It's a serious question though. Seeing as it has to be neutral for a semi in the FA cup, and the final is played at Wembley I wonder if there will be any complaints that we have an unfair advantage.
We'd have been playing there for 5 months of the season before the 3rd round.
It could also be a disadvantage for us. 3rd round you invariably draw a lower League team.
We get home draw every club that play us is going to Wembley anyway.
That has to be an inspirational event for non, lower league and even some championship teams.
They'll all want to draw us. Play us and you've played at Wembley in the FA cup.

Yeah I know, it's not that great.
It's a serious question though. Seeing as it has to be neutral for a semi in the FA cup, and the final is played at Wembley I wonder if there will be any complaints that we have an unfair advantage.
We'd have been playing there for 5 months of the season before the 3rd round.
It could also be a disadvantage for us. 3rd round you invariably draw a lower League team.
We get home draw every club that play us is going to Wembley anyway.
That has to be an inspirational event for non, lower league and even some championship teams.
They'll all want to draw us. Play us and you've played at Wembley in the FA cup.

I also put the Champions League failure down to this. The top European clubs were seeing it as trip to the world famous Wembley stadium. Raising their game etc as it may be somewhere not a lot of these teams will ever play at again.

I also put the Champions League failure down to this. The top European clubs were seeing it as trip to the world famous Wembley stadium. Raising their game etc as it may be somewhere not a lot of these teams will ever play at again.
Monaco has been wrecking everyone this season regardless of venue, though.

Every team in the Premier League this season except Bournemouth has played at Wembley at least once since it re-opened a decade ago, most of them on multiple occasions. A trip there isn't as rare as it used to be: nearly everyone we face in league matches will have played there before and will play there again.

I'm not surprised by this.

Some on here keep asking how we're going to be ready on time, well this is how. I'd wager that as soon as the concrete is set on most of the build, first fix electrics and plumbing are going in, and by the time WHL starts to be taken down, most of the current half of NWHL will be fitted out.
I don't know if its true or not but heard that the reason why this is so advanced in the fit out is they plan to give tours in this section so people get a feel of what the rest will lookalike when buying ST's - Another rumour I've heard is they will offer ST's to current and those on waiting list on favourable terms if they commit to Wembley and first year at NWHL as a bundle package, so this area might help to get the months flying out of the wallets. Pinch of salt and all that.

Back
Top Bottom