New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like this season's kit - more so than the sash or the cycling top ones.

Just bought this season's set for my little dribbler. The Mrs is chuffed (not)

KaMDNzk.jpg

I quite like this season's kit - more so than the sash or the cycling top ones.

Just bought this season's set for my little dribbler. The Mrs is chuffed (not)

KaMDNzk.jpg

Becomes an expensive business with little ones, they want home, away and 3rd. Add names and numbers you're looking at £60+ each kit. They do look cool in them though. :levywhoa:

Maybe it's me, but I never much cared for those baby kits. Always felt like indoctrinating a kid into a religion whether it likes it or not (not that the religion is necessarily a bad one in this case!).

Becomes an expensive business with little ones, they want home, away and 3rd. Add names and numbers you're looking at £60+ each kit. They do look cool in them though. :levywhoa:

I know - got those for £16 or so brand new, so not too bad. Certainly not too much of a premium over normal ones anyway.

Maybe it's me, but I never much cared for those baby kits. Always felt like indoctrinating a kid into a religion whether it likes it or not (not that the religion is necessarily a bad one in this case!).

Her granddad is a plastic Chelsea fan, so it's always worth making sure she's taught well from an early age!

Everyone in my family who is interested in football supports Spurs (except for my mum, she doesn't count as she's Irish and so supports Manchester United, it's either them or Liverpool with that lot). My Nan used to say she supported Millwall but that was just to piss off my grandad, who she hated.

I don't get these new-fangled modern families where you let your kids support whichever team they want. I'm guessing it's because the parents themselves have zero interest in the game and it leads to the idiot cunts choosing Leicester or something. This is a matter where the guidance of a responsible adult is required. "No limitationleather Jnr., I had a childhood of mid-table mediocrity and constant embarrassment and bullying by the Gooner kids at school. Although we did win the League Cup once. It shouldn't be any different for you!" Obviously this is complicated by the fact that we're actually a good side compared to when I was growing up. And even further complicated by the fact that I don't have a child...

Anyway, making a child support a team also eliminates glory-hunting. My family's support for Spurs has been passed down the generations and I think stretches all the way back to the olden days of mid-1961. No idea what led my grandad to select Tottenham as the team we must all follow at that particular point in history, the exact reasoning behind the decision has been lost in the midst of time. But the tradition continues and is passed from father to son (or daughter as well since Bend It Like Beckham came out), more than fifty years on...

Last edited:
. No idea what led my grandad to select Tottenham as the team we must all follow at that particular point in history, the exact reasoning behind the decision has been lost in the midst of time. But the tradition continues and is passed from father to son (or daughter as well since Bend It Like Beckham came out), more than fifty years on...
You are going to dig into this some more and realize he was a Gooner that switched loyalties for a woman.

A bit random but on the subject of the 60s and the kit thread during the 60/61 season there are plenty of images of the that season players,team groups etc but every photo that I've seen or I can remember seeing it's the white kit! We played Preston and Bolton that season so we must have had a changed kit? Was it the navy one,basically the White kit in reverse!

My London friends who were allowed to pick their own team as a kid (but didn't just go for Man Utd) to this day still support:
Blackburn Rovers
Newcastle United
Aston Villa (The most confusing one. Have they ever been good?)

I rest my case, m'lud. Selecting a team is a job for the parents along with cutting the umbilical cord and stopping them from doing GCSE Textiles.

Last edited:
I just looked it up and, yeah, I'd forgotten about their League Cups. Early '90s is also the right era as he's a couple of years older than me.

Imagine a child choosing a team miles away from their south London home because of a couple of League Cups today! Modern football is broken etc.

A winning team is easy to support! Over the years Blackburn Rovers shirts started appearing fast forward a few years man.city and chav shirts all over the shop. Ok it's young guys wearing them and they have only ever seen city and Chelsea win things! Us the goons,Liverpool we make ups he numbers usually,up here anyway if you see someone wearing a Tottenham shirt(rare) goons or bin dippers they are older guys possibly seen a winning team when they were young and stuck we it which is fair enough,but how many will front out if and when the money disappears and they end up doing a Leeds United? Not many.....if I see someone with an alternative shirt up here Aberdeen or Dundee United or perhaps Sunderland,Notts Forrest etc or even a teams shirt from a lot lower a league fair play to them you know they ain't glory hunters which is very refreshing to see.

My mum's Man Utd support has become so confused over the years (especially since they started being shit/got the Portuguese cunt in charge) she scarcely counts as a Man U fan now. These days she mainly follows non-league Fisher FC. Oh God, she's more of a "real fan" than all of us!"
Mums are great, my brother took ours to Wembley for the Gent game, she hasn't been to matches for a number of years.

The brother said she swore like a sailor the whole game, even claimed Dele's red "very harsh". :pochlol:

She's 77.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom