Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on mate. I was reading your post with respect till I got to this bit. If your a proper football fan you'll know I cannot support another team. It's a ridiculous statement. Childish even. Spurs is in my blood. It's been a major part of my life since I started to walk, and will be so long as I continue to breath. Maybe I'm just too passionate for you and a few others on here
Your passion for us to lose is confusing in someone who has 'Spurs in the blood'. I don't really feel there is any point in trying to reason with you John, you'll never be happy until Levy is gone, even if we won five BPLs in a row you would lose your shit if we didn't win the sixth. High expectations are admirable, unachievable expectations are more symptomatic of some kind of sickness

You post the same shit too, never about the actual game, never what was bad and why and always without fail directing your bile on fellow Spurs fans.
That's not true. I only retaliate to fans throwing insults or jibes against me. I never start a personal argument. I just can't help retaliating when someone starts on me. Wether in the real world or on a forum. See. You've dragged me in to this, and now I can't let go

The bigger picture needs to lead to something ultimately. Just improving here and there whilst it may warm the heart at the time, will be bitter if it leads to nothing in the end.

Imo we have the best defence and keeper we've had all PL era. We cannot waste that, that defence has a league title in its capabilities. I do worry that Poch/Levy will leave us short in the coming seasons to realise that potential.

Who said what I was saying was merely related to this game, it was a general statement, negative views are lambasted on here far more than someone who's overly positive. It's great to be in February and only have 3 defeats, many other seasons we'd have 3 defeats in early September. Will ultimately mean little if we finish 5th or 6th
This is the best team I have watched in over 45yrs. I find that exciting, being called a title contender for the first time in my life is exciting and I love it! No single poor performance can take that feeling away from me.

That's not true. I only retaliate to fans throwing insults or jibes against me. I never start a personal argument. I just can't help retaliating when someone starts on me. Wether in the real world or on a forum. See. You've dragged me in to this, and now I can't let go
Ah yes, it's never your fault.

Like when you went on a personal tirade at me for editing my posts to make you look silly. Which was then proven false. That was my fault in your head I'm sure.

You're the posting equivalent of Liverpool.

The top 6 is close , it has been for many weeks now. Why the surprise that we are just a few points off 5th and 6th, it's no shock to me. Yes we lost and thats disapointing. Playing the way we did is hurting because we are better than that. The best I felt we could get, realistically was a point, so weve lost 1 whole point, I can get over that. Playing in a way that brings back memories from days past, hurts and a feeling of 'here we go again'. Our away form is poor and needs to be addressed. Playing the way we did is not accepable and Im sure the players, Poch and staff know this. Lets judge at tye end of the season becuse thats when all the results matter.
Sort of, I'd said 2-2 beforehand and that I'd be happy with a point. So one pt less than a par performance.

For me the big disappointment is Poch's inflexibility and lack of common sense.

Teams that are way worse than us have shown how to get results against LFC. Last week Hull did a number on them. It's not rocket science. Dont go charging up the pitch, dont give them space. Keep tight, shut the fucking crowd up.

Poch gets so much hard stuff right, and then fucks up on something that ordinary fans wouldnt get wrong. He shouldnt need to get a drubbing to learn this.

Next week LFC will probably lose to someone like Boro. When we get Rose and Verts back and revert to back 3, we'll probably take some clubs the cleaners. I just hope to hell next time we're faced with a LFC type situation where it's shit or bust for them, that Poch shows a bit more versatility in tictacs.

Onwards and upwards. COYS.

This is the best team I have watched in over 45yrs. I find that exciting, being called a title contender for the first time in my life is exciting and I love it! No single poor performance can take that feeling away from me.

And dippers' fans calling us a 'big team'. That's a first for me.

Ah yes, it's never your fault.

Like when you went on a personal tirade at me for editing my posts to make you look silly. Which was then proven false. That was my fault in your head I'm sure.

You're the posting equivalent of Liverpool.
I apologised on that occasion. Publicly for all to see. Don't think you acknowledged it though.

What do you mean, my passion for us to lose ? I'm devastated when we lose. That's some kind of insult there mate
But you're never so animated or active after a victory. You never get to tell people how youve been saying it all along, you've called this. Today is your day John, revel in it, we have quite a nice fixture list for the next few months. I'll see you again the next time we are away at one of Europes top 20 clubs, mark the day on your calendar. We can call it John's day

Sort of, I'd said 2-2 beforehand and that I'd be happy with a point. So one pt less than a par performance.

For me the big disappointment is Poch's inflexibility and lack of common sense.

Teams that are way worse than us have shown how to get results against LFC. Last week Hull did a number on them. It's not rocket science. Dont go charging up the pitch, dont give them space. Keep tight, shut the fucking crowd up.

Poch gets so much hard stuff right, and then fucks up on something that ordinary fans wouldnt get wrong. He shouldnt need to get a drubbing to learn this.

Next week LFC will probably lose to someone like Boro. When we get Rose and Verts back and revert to back 3, we'll probably take some clubs the cleaners. I just hope to hell next time we're faced with a LFC type situation where it's shit or bust for them, that Poch shows a bit more versatility in tictacs.

Onwards and upwards. COYS.
Wasn't Poch's best yesterday. That I can agree on. In his defence, he is also young and learning his craft. He'll have his bad games too.

As you say, as long as he learns from it, it should be something for him to build on.

25 games, 3 defeats - all away against top 6 clubs, still in 2nd. Criticise by all means - it's not prohibited - but please less of the 'simply unacceptable' type of comment.

Even Barcelona have lost twice this season, in 3 fewer games. No wonder other fans call us entitled.
You've changed! Keep this up and you'll have to change your handle to "Joe Measured Arguement"
:kanehand:

You don't understand why negative opinions get criticised more than positive opinions when we're 2nd and until yesterday had won 7 in 9 in the league?
I don't get why certain individuals are targeted more than others. Some are more negatively minded than others.
Might as well get used to it.

Honestly not fussed if we finish 5th or 6th... If we lift some silverware, for the first time in ages we have the team (not squad) to beat top clubs in England. That puts us in a position to at least win the FA Cup.

You've changed! Keep this up and you'll have to change your handle to "Joe Measured Arguement"
:kanehand:
Changed from what? I've never been a melt.

P.S. I'm not arguing with anyone. I don't get into them. Spicy criticism of individual points is more my style. Did you ever change anyone's opinion by arguing with them? No, me neither.

Getting something out of this game was like trying to snatch a beer from an alcoholic. Just wasnt gonna happen. Doesnt matter what form us or them lot are in. Im never ever confident about anfield and they are always up for it when they play us. They played our game against us. High pressing and all that shizzle. Didnt give us a break. Manè was probably the big piece of the jigsaw missing for them recently as shown yesterday. I know people couldnt really give a shite about europa but. We need a win after this game and winning that one is a must. Plenty of games to go yet. Yesterday was just a shitter. Coys!!

Changed from what? I've never been a melt.

P.S. I'm not arguing with anyone. I don't get into them. Spicy criticism of individual points is more my style. Did you ever change anyone's opinion by arguing with them? No, me neither.
Never melted mate, "King of Cuntoff" is more the thing... you've mellowed... softened by the touch of a woman? A new appreciation of herbalism? Whatever, your new clothes look good.
:adethumbup:

Wasn't Poch's best yesterday. That I can agree on. In his defence, he is also young and learning his craft. He'll have his bad games too.

As you say, as long as he learns from it, it should be something for him to build on.
Thing is he hasn't leant from previous. Germany pressing style (dippers and Dortmund and other mob in CL) we have been taken to the cleaners in every single game.

I love the man but his stubbornness against the German pressing sides is alarming, I make it nine games now. He has shown in other games that we are more than capable of switching things up with great success, after the previous 8 games at getting outplayed I would have expected that the penny should drop.

But you're never so animated or active after a victory. You never get to tell people how youve been saying it all along, you've called this. Today is your day John, revel in it, we have quite a nice fixture list for the next few months. I'll see you again the next time we are away at one of Europes top 20 clubs, mark the day on your calendar. We can call it John's day
No. You'll see me on here celebrating a victory or good performance as I often do. That's my day .That's what makes me feel good. Not coming on here criticising others who are upset by yesterday's bottling

Great point. Maybe if we downsize and play at Hackney Marshes we will finally be champions
:pochfacepalm:
Yes. That is exactly what my point is.
It wasn't agreeing with deegee about expectations once in a bigger stadium.
& how people assume u will be better on the pitch.
It was we should downsize. Good one.

Back
Top Bottom