Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, we could play liverpool away again next week & people will attack anyone who says they are worried about the match.
Unless you say "an easy win for us, liverpool are shit & we are great" then you will most likely get attacked on here.
I did for saying liverpool will be harder than some seem to think it will be. I didn't even say we would lose.

Its become a strange forum where you have to pretend the team & manager have no flaws.
If you say openly they do then you get attacked.
No
Its when you have nothing else to say, and say it repetitively like the worlds most boring mantra.
Then when you get called out for it you accuse people of not accepting your high standards. Just how fucking arrogant are you to believe that you belong to some footballing cognoscenti that sees "everything" on some higher plane than us mere mortals?
How do you know what you're typing with your head so far up your own arse?

Tough. He's right. Who could possibly say the players wanted it enough yesterday? Poch is in charge - I don't care how it goes down with the team. Remember Newcastle? That was a fucking disgrace and one of the rare games where the 'simply unacceptable' criticism is valid.
Both of you are right. We were out fought and out muscled they wanted it more. But Poch got it totally wrong too, it was evident after 5 mins.
From what the players say about him (Kane this week in fact) I'm expecting him to hold his hands up in front of the team. I doubt he will do this publicly.

Do you, or anyone, know if we are allowed to change the dimensions of Wembley's pitch for next year?

Haven't got a clue, I don't think it's so much the pitch though, when I went to the CL games there it just feels shitty can't really put it into words, but surely that must come across to the players as well, where as WHL against the chavs as an example the place was buzzing and ferocious even, which has a good effect on the players.:pochfacepalm:

Haven't got a clue, I don't think it's so much the pitch though, when I went to the CL games there it just feels shitty can't really put it into words, but surely that must come across to the players as well, where as WHL against the chavs as an example the place was buzzing and ferocious even, which has a good effect on the players.:pochfacepalm:
It's a bit of a vacuum yea. The polar opposite of WHL which is tight and right on top of you.

Also Winks made a big difference. I would like to see him starting more games. Perhaps Wanyama should have a game on the bench after that.
I'd like to see Winks start both Gent and Fulham this coming week. I don't believe he's ''just'' a bench option anymore. I'd be more than happy to see him in a starting XI in the League. He's ready.

Tough. He's right. Who could possibly say the players wanted it enough yesterday? Poch is in charge - I don't care how it goes down with the team. Remember Newcastle? That was a fucking disgrace and one of the rare games where the 'simply unacceptable' criticism is valid.
Players were certainly at fault yesterday, but that doesn't mean Pochettino is blameless. He is also partly responsible for motivating the players. Secondly, the tactics just weren't right. Playing a high-line was asking for problems. Putting Davies one on one with Mane without cover and a left-winger who doesn't track back is asking for problems. He waited very long with the subs. Also not sure why Dier was the LCB and not Alderweireld, Dier was clearly not comfortable there. And Alderweireld would have been closer to cover for Davies.

Do you, or anyone, know if we are allowed to change the dimensions of Wembley's pitch for next year?

Good question and one that I have no answer, but as the new ground's pitch has almost identical dimensions it might be an idea to learn to play on it - unless we're going to change it back to the current WHL size which I don't see happening.

Players were certainly at fault yesterday, but that doesn't mean Pochettino is blameless. He is also partly responsible for motivating the players. Secondly, the tactics just weren't right. Playing a high-line was asking for problems. Putting Davies one on one with Mane without cover and a left-winger who doesn't track back is asking for problems. He waited very long with the subs. Also not sure why Dier was the LCB and not Alderweireld, Dier was clearly not comfortable there. And Alderweireld would have been closer to cover for Davies.
I said in another thread that Poch got it wrong - no argument there.

Also Winks made a big difference. I would like to see him starting more games. Perhaps Wanyama should have a game on the bench after that.
Well said. Of all the shit performances yesterday, Wanyama's was inexplicably up there with the worst. Poor touch, poor passing & seemingly not really up for the scrap. Him & Dembele were outbossed in our midfield. I'd play them both in the upcoming 3 cup games to see if it was just a blip.
When we've got a fit back 4, I'd really like to see Dier & Winks in there, perhaps pushing Dembele further forward. I'd love to see him almost exclusively in the attacking third, using his strength & ability to hold the ball & bring others into play.

As good as Big Vic has been this season, I often think he is limited. Dier can do the same defensive job, but I think he offers more overall.

Don't take this as gospel but it is my understanding that we can have the size of the pitch that we choose (within obvious range of dimensions laid out by FIFA etc). Stoke under Pullis for example would make the pitch narrower for Rory Delap to take full advantage of his long throws, you could see the old white line in some games. It was also alleged that Utd made their pitch wider when they played Stoke to lessen the threat.

So within perimeters we can have the pitch to a size of our choosing. On the flip side i did hear that the Pikies couldn't change their pitch, but this came from the mouth of one of the three little pigs.

Tough. He's right. Who could possibly say the players wanted it enough yesterday? Poch is in charge - I don't care how it goes down with the team. Remember Newcastle? That was a fucking disgrace and one of the rare games where the 'simply unacceptable' criticism was valid.

I think if we packed our defence and do what nearly every other team has done to beat Liverpool, I think you would see that bulldog spirit (not pretty, but these games are for want of a less annoying phrase '6 pointers'). As usual, we just played the open end to end game we always do against Liverpool, and again we get exactly the same result, like watching a car crash in repeat.

Still think we'll finish above them twats.

It was more than a bad game and not just Poch's fault. Barring Kane, who hardly had the ball, every player was giving the ball away constantly. Wanyama, Davies and Dier were truly shocking in their own right. 1 out of 10 games. Have not seen anything like it.
As poor as the players were you have to look to why, they were given no time on the ball and all their passing options were shut off from a very effective dipper press. We were not set up to go long, which is one of the ways to beat the press, let them come onto you then put the ball into Kane to hold up and play off Alli, or put into the channel for Son, Alli, Kane to run into or dink the ball into Midfield 3 who should be unmarked. We just hoofed it aimlessly to know one. All this is on Poch and how we were set up.

Our lads have been pressed by many teams previously, we usually win the battle and play our way through or over a press because we set-up well to do it our players have often found solutions (not against a German press though, which sticks in the craw).

Sort of, I'd said 2-2 beforehand and that I'd be happy with a point. So one pt less than a par performance.

For me the big disappointment is Poch's inflexibility and lack of common sense.

Teams that are way worse than us have shown how to get results against LFC. Last week Hull did a number on them. It's not rocket science. Dont go charging up the pitch, dont give them space. Keep tight, shut the fucking crowd up.

Poch gets so much hard stuff right, and then fucks up on something that ordinary fans wouldnt get wrong. He shouldnt need to get a drubbing to learn this.

Next week LFC will probably lose to someone like Boro. When we get Rose and Verts back and revert to back 3, we'll probably take some clubs the cleaners. I just hope to hell next time we're faced with a LFC type situation where it's shit or bust for them, that Poch shows a bit more versatility in tictacs.

Onwards and upwards. COYS.
Poch, together with the squad, is learning his trade-sometimes I feel our performances are beyond his ability however, sometimes its him that sees us through. He will get thing wrong on occasions but as long as he and the team learns form it, its all good. If he were to leave, he will probably go and shine at another club and they will reap the benefits (experience) he is gaining with us. I hope we stick with him, we keep faith and become a great side. Utd took 4 years and Sky money to come along. We were never PL contenders this season, as with last season. Being a regular top 4 is priority especially with the new stadium being built. Money makes the PL go round.

Probably should have seen this coming. We scraped by fourth tier Wycombe with a miracle, drew with bottom dweller Sunderland, and had to have a penalty to top Middlesbrough at WHL. Poor form, not top four worthy. Liverpool were due and hungry. They were faster, and more physical.

I get the faster part, especially with Rose out, but we rarely get out muscled.

:pochrolleyes:

"Your breed of poster is as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool."

"Just how fucking arrogant are you "

"How do you know what you're typing with your head so far up your own arse?"

See, you do nothing but insult people. These are not just quotes aimed at me, but other members, and all today. And you feel wounded that I called you a clown. Don't think I've ever voted to sin bin anyone before, but your worthy of it more than anyone
Your a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom