Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No he is not fucking OK. It's the F.A. Cup.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Sorry mate. My bad.
Wycombe fan here. Congrats on the win. That was without doubt the best game I have ever seen. I still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Made worse by the fact that both of Son's shots were missing too.
When we went 3-2 up, I seriously thought we'd won. Then our keeper messed up his clearance and you scored well after stoppage time was up. So proud of the performance. I've never been this emotionally drained after a football game. I can't speak though. My voice is almost completely gone.

Tactically, I thought we were far too open defensively, but I didn't mind because I was glad that we went out and attacked without fear. Akinfenwa amazing. Gape incredible. Hayes was brilliant apart from hitting the bar with that sitter after 15 seconds. I thought we deserved at least a replay. Ah well. This one will take some time to get over.
Congratulations on a great performance. Honestly hope you go up. A wonderful side you have. Appreciate Kashket whilst you can.

Wycombe fan here. Congrats on the win. That was without doubt the best game I have ever seen. I still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Made worse by the fact that both of Son's shots were missing too.
When we went 3-2 up, I seriously thought we'd won. Then our keeper messed up his clearance and you scored well after stoppage time was up. So proud of the performance. I've never been this emotionally drained after a football game. I can't speak though. My voice is almost completely gone.

Tactically, I thought we were far too open defensively, but I didn't mind because I was glad that we went out and attacked without fear. Akinfenwa amazing. Gape incredible. Hayes was brilliant apart from hitting the bar with that sitter after 15 seconds. I thought we deserved at least a replay. Ah well. This one will take some time to get over.

You played better than the majority of teams we've faced at the Lane this season.

Why do we continue to disrespect the best Cup competition in the world.?
There are kids who came for their first game today, paying good money.
Poch, proving that he has learned nothing from the Villa game, makes ten changes. We were almost bested by the equivalent of a Fourth Division side today.
It is simply not acceptable for fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. to have to suffer that.
This is a competition where we have a glorious heritage. We are better than that.

When do we play fringe players if not at home to a 4 division side?

When do we rest Kane, and Walker and Rose?
How do we keep squad players motivated, of the quality of Vorm, Trippier, Winks and Davies if they dont get picked for games like this.

How will Janssen come good from the bench? How will Wimmer get game time and improve?

We cannot go every game full strength....everything cant be priority. He is trying to balance the squad....we play again on Tuesday already.

The FA could go a long way towards restoring the prestige of the FA Cup by giving its winner a Champions League place rather than fourth place in the PL.
We should just go back to the old way. European KO comp up for the title winners
UEFA cup KO comp for 234 place
European Cup winners cup KO comp for all domestic cup winners.
Champions would compete in the champions trophy
The fa cup and league cup mean European football against some decent sides.
And the UEFA cup would be a tournament to want to participate in.
Less games, teams not needing to rest players for mini tournaments in Europe, more entertainment as it's KO not seeded groups and end to top 4 monopolies
Oh and fuck the sponsorship off and promote the fucking history of it

Last edited:
Doesn't make it right.
Did I say it did?

But, if you look at the statistics, the more a club stays in the top six, the more a club gets bigger financially and and the better players that clubs signs, the greater chance of winning the cups there is, let alone the league and CL places. I believe that this is what Levy and Poch has in mind. Slow and steady building...and, to be honest, I'm cool with that.

Why do we continue to disrespect the best Cup competition in the world.?
There are kids who came for their first game today, paying good money.
Poch, proving that he has learned nothing from the Villa game, makes ten changes. We were almost bested by the equivalent of a Fourth Division side today.
It is simply not acceptable for fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. to have to suffer that.
This is a competition where we have a glorious heritage. We are better than that.
Those kids' first game was a fucking cracker, they'll be fans for life after that...

Well, that is what you call a cup tie I guess.

Well played Wycombe, refreshing to see a team prepared to play football rather than stick 10 men behind the ball. Thought they deserved the draw.

As we won I'm going to have a winge at the ref. That was the worst performance by any ref as I have seen in years, he missed well over 20 fouls. I'm not moaning at Wycombe here, I've no problem with players roughing up other players but today at times it was fucking Rugby match. I haven't seen replays of the pen yet but every fibre of my being tells me it was a good tackle.

Actually thought we weren't too bad going forward, there was lots of movement and one touch play around the box. I like Son's directness, but fucking hell he has to pass the ball sometimes (may be this is deliberate in strict ion from Poch as Kane is guilty of the same). Sissoko is an odd one, never looks as though he has got the ball fully under his control and he can look wooden, that said he was involved a fair bit, and 2nd half was causing a lot of damage down the right. But we lacked any real end product.

Winks was by far our best player. Dembele was beautiful.

Our defence was absolutely shite, with Davies and Trippier in particular fucking woeful. Dier was our worst player, his worst performance in a Spurs shirt, shocking. CCV and Wimmer were ok with the ball at their feet but think they won only one header each all game.

Chelsea have got themselves a fucking good keeper there.

Wycombe players and fans deservedly applauded off the pitch.

We are through and I have never laughed as much at a football match as I did when we stole that win. That's Cup football and that's what is great.

Poch got lucky, far too many times in the past we have not been lucky. So happy to be jammy for once.

Problems obviously today, but little to gain by picking on too much. But I'd have to focus on CCV & Onomah, but hey they are young and experience will iron out problems....credit to Winks as well today, even when it was going wrong he was doing ( or trying to do ) the right thing.

Enjoy being lucky...Sunderland looks quite tricky !

Those kids' first game was a fucking cracker, they'll be fans for life after that...
My mate and I gave our season tickets to another mate who took his son today for the first time ( other mate used to be a season ticket holder until a mortgage and two kids stopped him enjoying himself ) I am really pleased to have been able to do that for them, last time they might get to the lane....

....blimey Eri Sports via Kodi can be a frustrating way to face a cup exit in the face ! But as I said earlier was super funny in the end

When do we play fringe players if not at home to a 4 division side?

When do we rest Kane, and Walker and Rose?
How do we keep squad players motivated, of the quality of Vorm, Trippier, Winks and Davies if they dont get picked for games like this.

How will Janssen come good from the bench? How will Wimmer get game time and improve?

We cannot go every game full strength....everything cant be priority. He is trying to balance the squad....we play again on Tuesday already.
agree that most FA & league cup games we should play the second 11, my beef is we need to use Wimmer as sub for 15 mins in premier league so he has experience, Poch also has lads that should be on loan siting in the stand for EPL games, CCV,Josh, both of these should be out on loan getting match time against men,

We should just go back to the old way. European KO comp up for the title winners
UEFA cup KO comp for 234 place
European Cup winners cup KO comp for all domestic cup winners.
Champions would compete in the champions trophy
The fa cup and league cup mean European football against some decent sides.
And the UEFA cup would be a tournament to want to participate in.
Less games, teams not needing to rest players for mini tournaments in Europe, more entertainment as it's KO not seeded groups and end to top 4 monopolies
Oh and fuck the sponsorship off and promote the fucking history of it
Agree with every single word ................. but unfortunately, never gonna happen.

What the hell just happened??? We got away with one today. I hope Poch has learnt from this near miss..

A great comeback and all that but what a risk to take..
I have no problem paying to watch weakened team as it's expected these days, but 10 of that 11 would not start in our best team, they haven't played as a team before where as Wycombe are used to playing together week in week out. Ypu need 3 or 4 first team regulars and not a team of fringe players.

I would also like to be able to say Wycombe were great and unlucky/fair play etc, but they weren't they were nothing but dirty rugby tackling cloggers. Some of the fouls they were allowed to get away with was criminal, the old lets rough em up bullshit. The ref was also caught up in the romance of the giant killing, some of his calls were baffling to say the least.

Lets take it serious from now on and go all out to win the bleeding thing..

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom